It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Affluenza" teen, and mother, both missing after probation no-show

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If you read up on any of this, the mother is kind of nuts.

She's an addict of some kind, moved her son's bed into her bedroom so he could take care of her.

Thinks her job as a mother is to indulge her son, then the father is supposed to discipline him.

When the father took away the sons vehicle for something, the mother gave him her car.

So, very disfunctional family.

The father sounds like a loudmouth, blowhard Trump type.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Not true. I'm sure he has to do something a lot crappier than even a juvenille diversion program. he killed someone. No matter how much money you have, his charge comes with a lot more than something that stupid. JS

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Would not be surprised if he is out of the Country now.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

In his case he went and bought alcohol and then stole a truck. While driving he hit and killed a 19 year old. Even though he was sentenced to 20 years he was out on probation in 2008. In 2011 he was arrested again for resisting a lawful detention stop arrest and was sent back to jail. He will be paroled again in 2017.

The interesting part is he was charged with murder so there is more to how and why the 19 year old died. The brat in the latest had manslaughter charges which carry a different punishment.

The charges in question are chosen by the prosecuting attorney and not the judge.

I dont condone either of the situations. Just pointing out differences.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I bet if they freeze all of the liquid assets on the family, then put a lean out on the vehicle and remove money from both him and his mother, they would show up in a New York Minute. That means putting a block on all credit cards and demanding to know what the cell phone numbers are and then pinging said numbers. No money means no affluence. Doing that would also irritate his mother who would probably turn him in to continue to live the lifestyle she has become accustom to. Course her dissappearing with him, also means she is aiding and abbetting him, and should spend a bit of time in the fine accomodations of the Texas Department of Corrections.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I suspect these two may have become like Dandy Mott and his rich mother from American Horror Story. I just need to hear him say "I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!!!!!!" when he shows up in court and I will know for sure.

These folks are wealthy, but not uber wealthy. Their influence will be in only a handful of likely European countries. Mexico is too dangerous for people not well traveled in the world and not worth the risk. They may be better off in South America if they intend on staying away. They will probably be killed or dissapeared in Asia and Africa as well. If they turn up at all outside the US, it will be in either Europe or South America.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Federal marshals have put up a reward for info leading to their capture. Apparently they're serious about finding them

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Federal marshals have put up a reward for info leading to their capture. Apparently they're serious about finding them

I figured he was a flight risk at any given point when he got his cushy deal. I'm wondering now if anyone is having an "aw f#" moment reflecting on flight risk odds.

Either way, I'm fairly sure he & mommy slipped out of the country. Wherever they are, it's only a matter of time before he screws up and deals with someone else's much less lenient justice system. Money can only buy so much freedom before you either run out of it, or wear out your welcome.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Mexico to be exact. Mexican authorities took him and mom into custody today and they will be turned over to US Marshal's.

Texas 'affluenza' teen taken into custody, official says

Looks like he will most likely become someone's biatch in prison... Your wealth won't save you now.

Dad was and is cooperating with police. Look's like mom did this on her own

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

His career as a fugitive didn`t last very long.

They chose the most obvious place to "hide" no surprise that they were caught so fast.

considering that they were caught at an ocean side resort in Mexico I`m going to predict that their defense will be:
" We were on vacation for the holidays (thanksgiving and Christmas) we told the probation office that we were going and they said it was OK"

I hope they release more details, like how they tracked them down although I`m pretty sure they just followed the money trail, credit card receipts.even though they were on the run it seems like they still wanted to live a life of luxury.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Couch's cell phone use might have led authorities to the pair.

The U.S. Marshals Service tracked Couch down using electronic surveillance, including tracking a cell phone believed to be linked to him, an official briefed on the investigation told CNN.

The Marshals Service alerted Mexican authorities, who detained Couch and his mother on Monday, the official said.

The good old NSA.

Guess they did not consider that a person would probably want to dump their normal cell phone when they go on the run. Assuming they do not want to be caught.

edit:

I forgot he probably had his friends numbers and pron on the phone. Keeper.

edit on 12/29/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/29/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Looks like he could get a max of 120 days in jail for this if tried as a juvenile or 40 years if an adult..

"At the time a judge reassesses Couch's probation in the adult system, he has the power to put Couch in adult jail for a maximum of 120 days."

www.cnn.com...
edit on 29-12-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I think the Texas courts will be involved in terms of the adult system. Right now the 120 days is the longest they can hold him while trying to figure out the adult portion. Generally speaking when a probation violation occurs the standard sentence can be imposed. We would need to see the court terms that allowed probation and what the terms were if probation was violated. Since this is in the juvenile system I don't see those records forthcoming.

Since they didn't have proper paperwork to visit the part of Mexico they were in maybe Mexican law should be looked at and ask them to prosecute him.

Mom faces 2-10 years in prison... Based on all info to date I hope she gets it.
edit on 29-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

so they were told it was okay to go...sure and I am the quewn of england...that's why they had a going away party and he died his hair from blonde to black.....yeah, that's the ticket!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Do what? They were never told it was ok to go nor did I state anything close to that position.

Generally speaking a person on probation must get prior approval from their probation officer to travel a certain distance from their home within the same state, approval to cross state lines and its next to impossible for travel outside the country.
edit on 29-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This wiener should go to prison for the rest of his life. He killed FOUR people.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I figured he was a flight risk at any given point when he got his cushy deal.

Seriously? Risk of flight should not even be an issue BECAUSE of that deal he got. If that dumbass had just flied straight during his probation he would have been ok.

But he can't. He thinks he can do what he wants (and it looks like his mother is more than an enabler), and it's likely due to "alluenza" and his mother.

He won't learn anytime soon unless he faces the true consequences of his actions, which he never learned in large part because of his sweet deal, and which is further evident by him running off to Mexico as a fugitive with his mother.

They are both a bunch of irresponsible POS and get what they deserve.
edit on 29-12-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It looks like they like it in mexico and don`t want to come back:

Texas 'affluenza' teen and his mother block extradition from Mexico

www.msn.com...

It`s probably cheaper to bribe a Mexican judge than it is to bribe an American judge.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Seems as though they found him. And it was as I suspected, they pinged a cell phone number.

Now here is the interesting rub. While they are set to be deported and extrodited back to Texas, there is a stay on Ethan. Now the dance begins, if Mexico will send Ethan back home, or keep him, knowing that if they do such, it could have ramifications that neither country would want.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Can we pay the Sinoelas or Zapetistas to "take care of them?" Forget extradition.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join