It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Can You Feel It?" No. Now shut up.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hey I felt the need to jump in here. This is an online forum where people are allowed to document their feelings and should be encouraged to.

There could be some legitimacy to having strange feelings in the morning. We know that the earth has a strong magnetic field. Our body has a very weak magnetic field around it too. Plus, our thoughts are run on electrical impulses that can be influenced by magnets, as studied here news.mit.edu...

Even though the earth's magnetic fields are very weak compared to those magnets in the experiments, I am suggesting that when you sleep for over 8 hours in the same direction each night the effects DO add up and CAN influence your mood and dreams.

Think about the properties of magnets and the old experiments where you could magnetize a paperclip, except you are the paperclip and earth is the magnet working overnight! Geomagnetic activity is very slightly altering your mood at night, and it's geographical. So other people in the area are likely to validate these kinds of feelings.

We measure the earth's relative magnetism with something called a 'k-index'. Solar winds can increase the k-index in an area, this is why we have the aurora. One scientist tried to compare his mood and his dreams with the k-index and his results are in this study: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... . He found the earth had a significant effect on mood. Here is an article if you dont want to read the journal: www.newscientist.com...

This article even says the earths magnetic field is stronger than ever! scitechdaily.com... Who is to say there is nothing to it and trash it away as 'new age garbage'?? Aren't we trying to deny ignorance here

ANY THOUGHTS?
edit on 15-12-2015 by Attentionwandered because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Attentionwandered
Hey I felt the need to jump in here. This is an online forum where people are allowed to document their feelings and should be encouraged to.

[Big snip.]

ANY THOUGHTS?

Yes, I completely "get" what you posted. I've had to study many subjects because of my innate, heightened perceptions so I could better understand my experiences.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Okay. To be fair, though they used that phrase in the OP, the title is not exactly the same, now that I look back at it.
And it was started two days before this one.
Just a coincidence I guess.

I'm not always totally sure how the rules should be interpretted exactly, so can make mistakes.
But at least this has let me know I can freely start some rants on certain groups of posters on these forums too, as long as no individual is expressly targetted.
The christians and the people obsessed with gun control issues are going to be the subject of mine next!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
When I was at Uni [late 90's - Neuroscience], feelings of impending doom, worries out of nowhere, feelings of displacement, feelings of reality not being real etc, could be explained by imbalances of neurochemicals [hormones, neurotransmitters etc].
Nowadays it's because of some vibrations of the ether.

I am not completely against the idea that we are capable of feeling certain things on a different level, as I do 'believe' in Quantum mechanics and Quarks, but first you should ask yourself if it could be something more tangible before making threads about the universe being out of kilter...

Right, well I studied all that crap in university, and to this day, brain chemical imbalances are still are hypotheses and theory. The brain will reflect your state all the time, doesn't mean the brain causes it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My two cents: without going into details, I've had enough strange occurences over the last couple of decades to confidently say: just 'cause you don't feel it, doesn't mean others aren't experiencing something. If you don't like their posts, um, ignore them.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

originally posted by: dogstar23

Flagged before I read the OP. I've been waiting for this thread. The problem with the Can You Feel It-ers, is their threads draw other Can You Feel It-ers, validating the OP and all responders in their magical feelings. It provides for a ludicrously obvious confirmation bias.

Uh... that is kind of the effect of ANY TOPIC posted, no?

People focused on questions of homosexuality, weapons, computer games, racism, religion, philosophy, ecology, ... hell, ANYTHING
will attract people of same mind by posting about it, and they will all validate each other and reinforce their mutual opinion and feelings.

That is EXACTLY what is happening here, now. Is that a "problem"? Or is that not... the whole friggin' point of posting it ????

Now you all feel comforted and validated in your anger and self rightiousness, because there are others speaking up and saying they feel it too.
Bonding with others feels good and is a natural drive. Any shared emotion will do- doesn't matter whether it is hatred, fear, anger, repulsion, sadness, happiness, joy, compassion....

So you guys did it through negative emotion, they (we) did it through positive emotion. What exactly makes your choice of bonding vehicle (indignation and anger) any more superior ???

Fair point and question. The way I would paraphrase it to myself would be: Why do I feel this way about such posts and not any of the others you mentioned (or similar ones.)

I think the answer is that they are outwardly soliciting validation of vague "feelings" and such threads are repeated fairly often, with no new developments or information, whereas most others are arguing a position, typically resulting in debate (or yelling/crying), ultimately coming to a different level of agreement/disagreement, with knowledge and opinions affected by the conversation.

Now with your perspective on it - there's really nothing inherently wrong with it, I guess it just annoys me

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I keep seeing the number 11........Oops, wrong thread!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

originally posted by: eisegesis
Hyperthyroidism will also cause you to "vibrate", lol.

Look!! I can't keep my hand still...the ENERGY!!!

With that said, many cells (mainly their walls), do vibrate within the body. Some vibrate naturally like red blood cells and certain proteins, while others react to different wavelengths of light. We do have the ability to indirectly change these vibrations as they've been linked directly to the health of specific cells. When we are sick, they vibrate at a different frequency than if we were healthy. This has all been observed.

O ya? Please link me to the studies. The actual studies.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you responded. Enjoy...

Vibrating Cells Disclose Their Ailments

Chemical energy influences tiny vibrations of red blood cell membranes

Bridging physics, engineering, and microbiology, researchers at MIT have measured the frequency at which red blood cells vibrate and have shown that those frequencies reflect the health of the cells. The research could lead to better medical diagnostics.

(Caption) MIT’s Michael Feld and Subra Suresh, with the aid of a technique developed in Feld’s lab, were able to image the vibrations of the membrane of a blood cell infected with the malaria parasite (top). Feld’s technique also provided images of the interior of the cells (bottom), allowing the researchers to correlate the cells’ vibrational frequencies with the progress of the disease.

Listening to cells might help scientists catch cancers without painful biopsies

When Richard Snook and Peter Gardner, biologists at the University of Manchester in England, blast human prostate cells with infrared light, their microphones pick up thousands of simultaneous notes generated by the cells. Through statistical analysis of these sounds—which are created as the cells rapidly heat up and cool down, causing vibrations in the air molecules directly above them—Snook and Gardner can differentiate between normal and cancerous cells. "The difference between a healthy cell and a cancer cell is like listening to two very large orchestras playing their instruments all at the same time," Gardner says. "But in the cancerous orchestra, the tuba is horribly out of tune."

Life Hums: Proteins Constantly Vibrate in the Body

The millions of proteins in humans and other living things vibrate in different patterns like the strings on a violin or the pipes of an organ, according to a new study in Nature Communications.

Scientists have long suspected that proteins vibrate in such a manner, but now they have the high tech means to prove that this really happens.

The research team, from the University at Buffalo and Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute, found that the vibrations persist in molecules like the “ringing of a bell,” lead author and UB physics professor Andrea Markelz said in a press release.

A Los Angeles scientist says living cells may make distinct sounds, which might someday help doctors "hear" diseases

In recent experiments using the frontier science of nanotechnology, the researchers have found evidence that yeast cells give off one kind of squeal while mammalian cells may give off another. The research, though still preliminary, is potentially "revolutionary," as one scientist puts it, and a possible, admittedly far-off medical application, is already being pursued: someday, the thinking goes, listening to the sounds your cells make might tell a doctor, before symptoms occur, whether you're healthy or about to be ill.

Sonocytology

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb

originally posted by: Hecate666
When I was at Uni [late 90's - Neuroscience], feelings of impending doom, worries out of nowhere, feelings of displacement, feelings of reality not being real etc, could be explained by imbalances of neurochemicals [hormones, neurotransmitters etc].
Nowadays it's because of some vibrations of the ether.

I am not completely against the idea that we are capable of feeling certain things on a different level, as I do 'believe' in Quantum mechanics and Quarks, but first you should ask yourself if it could be something more tangible before making threads about the universe being out of kilter...

Right, well I studied all that crap in university, and to this day, brain chemical imbalances are still are hypotheses and theory. The brain will reflect your state all the time, doesn't mean the brain causes it.

Of course not. I agree that outside influences can also cause the release of neurochemicals. However that doesn't exclude the fact that it can also be an imbalance. And before I go with the paranormal, I usually try and consider something more tangible. I studied this crap as well and my thesis was on this exact topic. Doesn't make me an expert but at least I have no blinkers on and consider both sides.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   

"Can You Feel It?"

I don't think your post is very sensible. Where's your compassion?

Just because you can't see or feel something, doesn't mean it's not real or others can't. I bet you will regret your words when enough time passes.

In any case, chakras are real, you have them, you use them every day. Even according to Nikola Tesla, the secrets of the Universe are unlocked the moment you understand that everythign is frequencies, which is another way of saying everythign vibrates and fluctuates, even the Universe itself.

When people talk about 'expanding Universe', they fail to realize they're just witnessing a slow fluctuation going one direction, before it will go another direction. So they think it's expanding. it's like a microscopig being living in slowed-down time witnessing a heartbeat - they will say the heart is expanding, and will do so forever, because that's all they can observe from their tiny perspective.

Apparently you don't realize intuition is real. Telepathy is surely already so widely understood that not even people like you can deny its existence and reality, right?

We are in existence like cells of a gigantic body. A cell can sometimes feel oncoming changes in the body, illnesses, fluctuations, aging, who knows.

Why couldn't we, being connected to the Universe, also experience and feel the Cosmic Trends that shake our reality?

Now, I agree that there are many charlatans, many ignorant child souls, not everyone can be an indigo, after all - but just writing a dismissive post that expresses more of your ignorance than anything else, is not going to wipe out the reality of the things you hate and so desperately seem to want to either destroy or deny (not sure, which).

Don't be afraid. You don't have to close your mind to a tiny box with total darkness and then scream nothing else exists except this darkness. You can open yourself to the actual reality, which we are not told much about. Just because some people are clumsy and stupid about it, doesn't mean the reality itself doesn't exist and isn't waiting for you, too.

It's often our own primitive minds that deny the truth - my friend took some dangerous drug, and that made him jump out of his physical body and fly around a bit, and able to clearly see what was going on, but then he couldn't accept that it really happened, so he chalked it up to some kind of hallucination. It's sad when this happens, but it's necessary, because not everyone's psyche can handle all that much - it's better to deny, ignore and close your mind sometimes.

But you don't have to stay in that dark, grumpy box forever. Eventually even you will be open it up and see the light of the reality, and perhaps only then you can truly realize just how wrong you were, and how silly and wrong your post is.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join