It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Can You Feel It?" No. Now shut up.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I had a feeling I would be reading something like this today.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
totally agree....

enough said

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible
It absolutely drives me insane the number of threads I see that start with this title or something similar. It boggles my mind. Every single one of these threads is exactly the same. It's like they're rolled off of an assembly line operated by special needs children.

If you're incapable of feeling it you must be one of those many organic robots walking the earth.

Have a wonderful, sensible day!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
if you stick a fork in a 220v outlet i guarantee vibrations and enlightenment the likes of which you can nary imagine.
let us know if you feel it.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

this really spiked my gluten intolerance. im feeling quite rashy

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
One of the only times I like to hear, "can you feel it?"

edit on 13-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Understandable.. but how did this get flagged lol

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Can you feel it? The anger and frustration at seeing the question yet again?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I can't tell, maybe it's just a middle aged crisis... or maybe it's the photon belt we are traveling through?

Or maybeee it's the medication? brain parasite? Yikes, my hypochondria is kicking in

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Lol I approve of this message. I also have an aneurysm every time someone on ATS whips out the forever tired "and so it begins..."

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As much as I can smile and chuckle with empathy at this, aware of how completely senseless those are,
I am guilty of taking part in them, and feeling "wierd" at times when some others in the world are also.

I don't take it that seriously, and I do not feel it has anything at all with being "special".

I consider it simply people having a moment of empathizing with each other, and bonding through their synchronistic mutually shared "mood" or emotional state.
Just as people do when they are talking about a sports team they all support, a musical group, a movie, book, author, political/social issue, hobby, or any sort of shared focus which is emotionally charged for them in the moment.
That is going on all over the forums for me- there are countless topic that I don't give a flying F about, and that seem totally stupid, and I cannot believe the passion those exchanging on them have and share!

Well, this is the place for unbridled and unthought-through rants, so it doesn't matter.
Hope it helped you feel better. Perhaps it even helped you feel superior and more special than they.

I've done that before too, now that I think about it. When I felt really left out of french people babbling together on stuff they share in common and I don't,
I put them down and criticized what they are talking about as idiocy.
Made me feel better.

-when I was feeling really very isolated, I included some sexual references to reinforce the potential insult impact, like say they are sexually starved, or sexually obsessed.
Unfortunately, that is an American taboo emphasis, and it doesn't work with the french.
I learned to instead use a financial reference instead - accuse them of being greedy for money, that gets the same level of provocation.

Think of your target and adjust accordingly! I already got a few of the "sex starved woman" and vibrator slurs already for taking part in that thread and daring to say I am feeling much less depressed than I was... but I have been largely detached from my american sex taboos.
Try accusing me of being obsessed with money- see if that stirs more in me.
It would be interesting to see how far along I am in my cultural integration efforts.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Thank You thank you! LMAO

What a righteous rant!
So many times I've wanted to say the same but I'm abrasive enough as it is.
So kudos to you for having the temerity to do what was needed & necessary.

I would change one word for humorous near perfection...

From...

My aura/harmonic vibration/supernatural spooky mumbo garbage is vibrating at a higher frequency than ever before.

To...
My aura/harmonic vibrator/supernatural spooky mumbo garbage is vibrating at a higher frequency than ever before.

Have a great day! You deserve it.

K~

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Not that I wanna be a party pooper or anything, I also had enough of this "do you feel it too" threads...

BUT

It makes me upset seeing so much cynicism around it, humanity is in a crisis due to lack of hope for something good to happen collectively. We are just shooting ourselves in the leg with all this cynicism.

At least that's what i'm feeling.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Flagged before I read the OP. I've been waiting for this thread. The problem with the Can You Feel It-ers, is their threads draw other Can You Feel It-ers, validating the OP and all responders in their magical feelings. It provides for a ludicrously obvious confirmation bias.

To date, they've never been right in either their doom scenarios or their magical DNA upgrades, despite the ethereal signals they've picked up on, which they always knew were coming.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Flagged before I read the OP. I've been waiting for this thread. The problem with the Can You Feel It-ers, is their threads draw other Can You Feel It-ers, validating the OP and all responders in their magical feelings. It provides for a ludicrously obvious confirmation bias.

Uh... that is kind of the effect of ANY TOPIC posted, no?

People focused on questions of homosexuality, weapons, computer games, racism, religion, philosophy, ecology, ... hell, ANYTHING
will attract people of same mind by posting about it, and they will all validate each other and reinforce their mutual opinion and feelings.

That is EXACTLY what is happening here, now. Is that a "problem"? Or is that not... the whole friggin' point of posting it ????

Now you all feel comforted and validated in your anger and self rightiousness, because there are others speaking up and saying they feel it too.
Bonding with others feels good and is a natural drive. Any shared emotion will do- doesn't matter whether it is hatred, fear, anger, repulsion, sadness, happiness, joy, compassion....

So you guys did it through negative emotion, they (we) did it through positive emotion. What exactly makes your choice of bonding vehicle (indignation and anger) any more superior ???

edit on 13-12-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I feel how I feel and you feel how you feel.
You don't know how others feel, others don't know how you feel.

I try not to judge what I'm ignorant about.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Reminds me of that Smart Beep pager commercial...

Guy: I can't believe it; it's my first blind date.

Girl: Oh, I do it all the time.

Guy: Really?

Girl: gets in car, Guy shuts door. As guy walks behind car, girl checks to see if he's out of sight.

Girl: does her stuff. Guy gets into car and shuts door.

Guy: Whew.

Girl: Whew!

Guy: You guys meet? Greg? Janet?

Janet: We sure did.

Guy: We've got chemistry here. Do you feel it?

Janet: I felt it.

Guy: Alright, Janet.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I can feel the need for another beer. That's what what gets me to a higher frequency.

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more. People like this, both online and in real life annoy me so much.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I simply don't understand what the big deal is...

It's not as if someone posts that type of thread every single day, and we're having to weed thru them to get to the topics that we are interested in...

...it's not as if people are getting tricked into clicking on the threads -

- okay, there may be one now and then that isn't titled clearly, but even so, no one gets forced into reading beyond the first few sentences of the OP, by which time the subject matter is clarified, and the reader can easily move on...

So, why are people who 'hate' those types of threads even opening them, much less reading enough of the posts to get ticked off at the OP and those responding?

I mean come on ya'll, there are certain types of threads that are a whole lot more annoying than the "Can You Feel It?" ones...
...Like when new members sign up and get all 'thread happy' - churning out thread after thread with barely noticeable differences in subject matter just to see 'themselves' in the "New Topics" line up...
...now there's something that'll drive you to post a "shut up"...or two

edit on 13-12-2015 by lostgirl because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join