It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Robbins' Own UFO Encounter In Rendlesham Forest / The Missing Rendlesham Tapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I've been looking into the Rendlesham Forest incident, and in particular rereading the excellent Left At Eastgate by Peter Robbins.

In that book, there is a chapter devoted to Larry and Peter exploring the forest in the evening. Peter recounts an episode involving lights moving through the forest, spheres in the sky, and an illuminated farmhouse / pumpkin head that wasn't actually there. The event is incredibly detailed - and involves almost all aspects of the original Rendlesham incident.

I've been looking for references to this event on the forum and online and they are few and far between.

You can listen to an audio interview, and commentary on stress tests of audio recordings here: Podcast

It seems to me that if someone accepts the majority of what Larry Warren said, and Peter Robbins in this second event , then this event has to be a key part of understanding the original episode.

Just to backup for a second, the options available to us are limited. The RFI could either be:
- An imagined / misunderstood natural event
- A piece of theatre or tech demo put on by US force(s), neutral forces (UK) or hostile forces (Soviet Union)
- a genuine ET encounter

If the events recounted by Peter are to be believed then this removes several options for the original RFI. What was seen both then and the original event could only be:

- A piece of theatre by US agencies (I can't see the UK or Soviets randomly attempted the same thing twice, and on the right night)
- A genuine ET account

Personally, I trust the recollection of Peter and Larry.

If you don't trust it then it seems that its better to remove the whole of Larrys testimony from the RFI, which introduces several new problems.

Does anyone know if Peter has expanded on this encounter? Or if he has ever released the tape recordings?

I also seem to remember Larry and Peter talking about creatures walking up to them, but Larry telling Peter to face the other way. I've not found this yet, so possibly I've imagined that.

Here is an excerpt, which I hope Peter and Larry won't mind me quoting:

[Recording]
LW: Peter, this #in' thing has moved into the woods, its coming closer
Pr: It is closer, isn't it
LW It's coming towards us, I can't believe this #.
PR We're seeing it clear as a bell, e're seeing the tree line above it. It did it instantly. It...
LW: People, please believe, whoever hears this tap, we we're seeing a UFO subtly move, a spacesh... Is coming to us.

edit on 9-12-2015 by ctj83 because: Added podcast interview covering the Peter Robbins / Larry Warren encounter.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

The Rendlesham incident has grown over the years with new bits being added by some of those involved as tends to happen with UFO stories that catch the public's attention , the only piece of real evidence we have is the Halt tape which may well contain the answer to what was seen.

It was suggested that what the airmen saw flashing in the forest was the Orford Ness lighthouse , a suggestion I resisted for years but if you put the Halt tape together with the 5 second period between lighthouse flashes they do match up to the tape.

Here is a section of the Halt tape with a 5 second beep added , I don't think the correlation between the flashes and the tape is by chance.
ec.libsyn.com...

edit on 9-12-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks for that Gortex. This encounter isn't a recent edition - although still after the fact.

I've considered the timing of the Halt tape before. However, it has been edited and that makes me discount the timing.

Of course, if you're correct and the timing matches the lighthouse - then it's clear that Halt's own testimony should be discounted and you're left with nothing other than UAP radiation injuries, and medical records of flash burns to the retina.

It also doesn't tally with the only other circumstantial evidence anywhere close to the Halt tape or memo. The UAP radiation and flash burns suffered by Burroughs and Warren.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
It was suggested that what the airmen saw flashing in the forest was the Orford Ness lighthouse , a suggestion I resisted for years but if you put the Halt tape together with the 5 second period between lighthouse flashes they do match up to the tape.

Lighthouse? I guess we can't completely eliminate it as a confounding variable at certain points, but I don't think certain aspects of the sighting could reasonably be attributed to the lighthouse. The personnel involved describe different objects being on their left and their right, in real time.

From the transcript:

HALT: Now we've got an object about ten degrees directly south.
NEVILLES: There's one to the left.
HALT: 10 degrees off the horizon, and the ones to the north are moving, one's moving away from us.
NEVILLES: It's moving out fast.
HALT: They're moving out fast.
BALL: There's one on the right heading away too.
HALT: Yeah, they're both heading north. Hey, here he comes from the south; he's coming in toward us now.
BALL: #.
HALT: Now we're observing what appears to be a beam coming down to the ground.
[Excited shouting in the background]

The lighthouse thing is way overplayed by skeptics. And the possibility that the lighthouse may have been part of the confusion at some points is way too aggressively denied by others. What's the truth? Who knows. But every skeptical explanation I've seen has at least one major holes in it.
edit on 9-12-2015 by TeaAndStrumpets because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

There was a very interesting add on to the Rendelasham forest event by a previous member, the craft was not actually E.T. in nature but a very black, top secret, unmanned project that was following orders to report to the closest nuclear capable base in the event of an issue. The men that went into the forest that night were only suppose to set up a perimeter and await the specialized team to show up and deal with the craft. This member also went on to say the 3 men that got extremely close to it were lucky to be alive.

The "unmanned" part wasn't in reference with an automated system but I believed hinted at sentient plasma entities in control, I may be incorrect on this part.

For a few moment the lighthouse may have been adding to the confusion but there was certainly something else in the woods that night.
edit on 9-12-2015 by StratosFear because: added a comma and period

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

If I recall correctly Peter and Larry's tape was made in 1987 whilst Bentwaters and Woodbridge were still fully operational front line NATO airbases. I know Colonel Halt has continually tried to dismiss Larry Warren as a non-participant and 'wannabe' but take him out of the Rendlesham story and you still have a very interesting story.

Unfortunately with the passing of time and convolution of stories it has become very difficult to sift through the chaff to get to what really happened. It could be any of things you listed or perhaps something else.

a reply to: StratosFear

I believe you are referring to this thread astr0, Black Triangles, abductions and the Forever Men of ATS

The specific reference to Rendlesham is here : Link

Rendlesham. High speed high altitude unmanned variant that was struck by incoming meteor debris. The outer sheath was shredded, it called a distress emergency and was following guided orders to ditch at the nearest nuclear capable base.

The lights in the skies, the beams, all ours. The beams were and still are communications (laser comms) the repeated over flights were due to needing every scrap of the shell. Nothing could be left to be found. The weird 'glyphs' reported across the side are not glyphs, they are liquid magnets that activate in a slow release manner letting the handling crew know when the system is safe to be stripped and the core lifted out. They form weird shapes because the outer shell flows and flexes like bird feathers

The lights are actually the lift / propulsion, and those men are very lucky to be alive. She went to a nuke base because they have the access and manpower to cope with such an emergency (The airmen were supposed to form a perimeter and stay there, not go touching her) even when on soil that wasn't strictly theirs to be on.

There was also the small matter of the base not actually being a nuke base. Her sensors told her weapons were there, but not enough crews knew that.

Now personally I think this was a work of pure science fiction being tested out on here. Only one person claims to have seen a craft fitting those descriptions and his testimony is untrustworthy. I am not going to give more details because I've done two Rendlesham threads already and it's all contained within those threads.

But astro's story is entertaining nonetheless.

edit on 9/12/15 by mirageman because: typo

top topics

join