It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lots of posts promoting bigotry lately

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: Aazadan

You need to quote specific examples of people 'calling for violence against muslims' then alert the mods if that's really the case. If you don't alert the mods, how do you expect them to do anything about it?

Furthermore, if you don't have specific examples to provide them with, then you are just blowing smoke.

It's against ATS policy to call out other members in threads, that's why I haven't done so here.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I am expecting to get banned any time soon for speaking my mind.
It seems that only certain people have rights to speak their minds and
the rest don't.I am not used to so many crybabies and whiners,pathetic!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

The appropriate action would be to send an alert regarding the specific post/s in question to the mods about it, rather than creating a thread about it. Do you think the mods would see this thread over an alert sent to them?

No need to break T&C's, sending alerts to mods is what is expected of you if you think all these calls for violence are happening.. but making a thread like this just makes you look pathetically frustrated with people who don't share your views.

This actually could classify as an off topic rant thread IMO.

edit on 8-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Events in Paris, California, London, etc. have brought emotions to a boil. Opinions are still valid, no matter how much people may disagree.

All the more reason to try and tone down on the rhetoric and maintain a cooler head.

Free speech isn't always nice speech.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

I would give myou a man hug for that comment

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A great post

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Events in Paris, California, London, etc. have brought emotions to a boil. Opinions are still valid, no matter how much people may disagree.

All the more reason to try and tone down on the rhetoric and maintain a cooler head.

Free speech doesn't exist on ATS either...
We have the privilege to discuss...within T&Cs...

Just sayin'.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

two more thumbs up,

link   

I am seeing the same thing... Its quite sad really who knows though it may just be the times I am not sure ...

Interesting that some of the people in this thread say they don't see it it has me wondering if people are choosing to see what they want to see and that includes my view as well....

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I see plenty of hate speech but the targets are not part of the
protected group.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
One of the problems I have noticed is certain posters who are easily offended by opposing opinions misrepresent what a poster has said. The libs are extremely bad about this and it is disingenuous and dishonest to say the least.

Not at all, I have quite a thick skin, I've never PM'ed a mod for people attacking me (on any forum) and I never will. My personal beliefs are that once you say something it's out there forever, if you're not willing to stand up for what you thought at the moment you wrote it (or perhaps say you were wrong in the future), you shouldn't write it at all.

I mentioned the bigotry here because I'm a website owner too so I know what happens when you let people go on calling for extremely radical solutions to minor problems. It attracts certain types of posters, and occasionally those posters act out due to their extremism. Then that gets back to the website and looks back unfavorably. With anti muslim sentiment at the highest point it's ever been in my life coupled with very extreme posts, usually about killing Muslims, and the wave of anti Muslim crimes happening lately such as the shooting of the Uber driver and the FBI saying anti Muslim crimes are leading the pack in hate crimes it seems to me that it isn't something ATS should be encouraging.

These are certainly topics worth discussing of course, but there's a big difference between discussing the effects of any particular immigration policy, and tolerating people who want to glass the middle east as a final solution.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

What's stopping you and others that see all of these 'threats of violence on muslims' and 'hate speech' from reporting it to the mods in the form of an alert?

Maybe people aren't 'seeing' it because it isn't happening, and you and the OP aren't seeing things correctly? Just a guess.

edit on 8-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Bone75

BTW I don't recall that thread could you please link it for me...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Just sayin'.

We may not have free speech here, but we can sill discuss and debate it.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

www.fbi.gov...

FBI saying anti Muslim crimes are leading the pack in hate crimes

You are wrong

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

What he said...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Thanks, Bone.

Admittedly in that moment I was discussing the right wing, but I do alternate between the two (left & right) and call them both wingnuts.

I didn't get to read your post on the day, I returned later on.

Usually if there is extra effort put into the post, as I had done, they usually just SNIP the relevant indiscretion.

I don't know why they didn't.

Maybe wing nut isn't frowned upon the same way.

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Just sayin'.

We may not have free speech here, but we can sill discuss and debate it.

Absolutely.
That's what I said.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

What's stopping you and others that see all of these 'threats of violence on muslims' and 'hate speech' from reporting it to the mods in the form of an alert?

Maybe people aren't 'seeing' it because it isn't happening, and you and the OP aren't seeing things correctly? Just a guess.

They do delete a lot of it, or close threads... eventually, such as the one a couple weeks ago that ran all day where a good 20+ members were calling for a complete eradication of all 2 billion Muslims on the planet. There's another today where a member talked about what a great thing it was for nukes to fall on Japan, and how that would straighten out the Middle East, that one isn't locked.

If it's an issue of people not reporting these things, then fine. Perhaps I'll start using alerts.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AazadanWhat I'm referring to isn't free speech.

What is it in the definition of "inalienable rights" that leads you to believe that you can proclaim what is or is not "free speech"?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join