It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people want to bomb the h**l out of the middle east

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Simple equation

War = Money for certain people

Given history, this seems to be a basic principle of the local universe

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone lol cause thats where the sh8t is

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Until your post I never heard anyone say we ought to "bomb the hell out of the Middle East." How many people have said that? Half a dozen? Trump? Sounds about right, but is just a guess. You make this broad claim with zero evidence. You just wanted to post the graph, huh?

I see seasoned ATS vets calling for the total destruction of the ME via nuclear attack at least twice a week on these boards. Been like that since I've been here.

You honestly never seen that?

The most popular saying is:

"Turn it into a glass parking lot"

I know you've seen it.

No need to act obtuse just to forward your agenda...

Just because you changed your avatar don't think we don't recognize you.

You had such a cute puppy.

edit on 7-12-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Until your post I never heard anyone say we ought to "bomb the hell out of the Middle East." How many people have said that? Half a dozen? Trump? Sounds about right, but is just a guess. You make this broad claim with zero evidence. You just wanted to post the graph, huh?

It happens all the time. From the shouts of, "turn it into one big sheet of glass", to "bomb the hell out of them", to every other thing you can think of from the internet Generals around here. You new here?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
begins with O, ends with L and there's an I in the middle.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Are you new to the concept of war? People die, people get bombed. The objective is to hurt them more than they hurt you. You do that enough and they surrender.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have heard of specific areas of the middle east being "turned into glass" like mecca and raqqa (both of which I agree with) but never the entire middle east as a whole.
edit on 7-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I know the GBU-27 costs about $56k each and we seem to be dropping a crapload of them.

I believe that's called "stock rotation."

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

My bad...not all middle east..but than again they never specified either.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
And that's the way it goes....

People pretty much only really care when it happens to them?

Or can't put themselves in anothers' place and think about how it feels?

Or are too lazy to think of anything else to say?

Or are afraid?

Or are very angry at the world?

The human condition, maybe?

And what everyone else said. War is a powerful moneymaker for some.

I've seen that from at least 10 people in the last couple of weeks on ATS alone.

"Turn it into a parking lot."

"Kill them all."

If I had the will I'd go find them all for you. And it's even worse outside of ATS...though not by a lot here lately.

ETA: You probably stay out of a lot of those threads. Not a bad decision.
edit on 12/7/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oil

We mastered the art of bombing 3rd world countries. Remember they have brown people so it's not immoral.

Did I mention oil?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

Did you forget clinton bombing the hell out of white people during the war in yugoslavia?

Or this little bombing episode called world war two where millions of white people were bombed?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

are you saying the Turks intend on pulling a Crimea on Mosul? The Iraqis already told them to get out. Wonder if they have the will to back it up??

Honestly though, maybe it is time to unleash a tactical nuclear weapon again on our enemies. After Japan they became very willing partners and allies of NATO. Perhaps we drop one on the most heavily populated ISIS city and they will go the way of Japan

"oh # man my bad brother. # Islam, I have tasted the wrath of Allah, and he says stop fighting the imperialists. You know, Coca Cola and McDonalds does not sound o bad after all??"

I think it would work, and the weapon and target can be smaller than Hiroshima or Nagasaki. I almost just rationalized it to myself, save for the fact that WW2 was a time when thousands of men would perish in a matter of hours in a single campaign. Nthing of that scale is happening now, so maybe it IS a little too soon to consider The Bomb. That does not mean I have not considered it though, and may actually support it if the circumstances are right.
edit on 7-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Sometimes I feel that the bombing of countries in the middle east is to get the massive migrations into other countries, perhaps somebody within the bubble heads in our government thinks that moving masses of Islamic believers into countries where Islam is not predominant will create a new generation of "moderate Islamic followers".

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Have we reached the point at which this

...becomes appropriate?

God, I hope not...but it becomes more and more obvious that it may become so.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

you may actually be on to something there. After all once they come here, for the most part our reliable infrastructure and bottomless pit of entertainment usually pacifies even the most hardcore street criminals. No reason being fat and happy and entertained wont work on the less radicalized populations.

I dont mind the immigration so long as the local governments make sure to enforce OUR laws of the land and cultural values in order to avoid the kind of situations that have allowed Sharia law to dominate some neighborhoods in Europe.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I have heard of specific areas of the middle east being "turned into glass" like mecca and raqqa (both of which I agree with) but never the entire middle east as a whole.

Good lord man, that's a sickening thing to say.

How's your genocidal dream of hate going?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

It can works with immigrants that are willing to change the way they had been forced from childhood to worship and new generations usually become Americanized or westernized, but is also those that will have not other way but their way and by their believes is their job to change the world.

This is a gamble that countries should no be also forced take because do to mindless bombings in the middle east they have to deal with the repercussions and side effects, is not fair for the middle eastern people forced to migrate and neither for the people in the countries that have to accept them due to humanitarian crisis.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join