It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Holy Quran Prank Is So Devious It's Brilliant.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Very well done chaps very well done.

They really need to update these holy books because they do not appear Holy to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
At least one religion moved away from its source material and is not longer stoning people to death

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
At least one religion moved away from its source material and is not longer stoning people to death

Well .... no!

The people made it illegal.

If it were still up to the church, I don't know! Just look what they still do today and try and get away with.

P

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Despite some calling for it to happen still.

www.advocate.com...

www.patheos.com...
edit on 6-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I said 1 religion and you assumed it was Christianity? I guess atheist still like to gang and lynch anything is not like them

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Wahhhh keep on playing the persecution card why don't you.
Not an atheist so...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If they'd just said this is the bible, all those people would have agreed with that stuff hey..

That's your point, I take it?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

As the non religious person I am, i can perfectly claim persecution by any group, thank you sir

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

No the point is both books have crap in them.
The point is showing folk it isn't just the Koran that is supposed to be full of hate and stupid stuff in.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Im not religious but even i can see this is BS, they might as well do the same prank with cat in a hat and the people will have the same reaction.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Why is it BS? are you saying the passages are not in the book?.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yeah, and the kicker is that no one knows that these verses are in the Bible

...because on one preaches them .

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Very cool video

I'd love to see this exact thing occur more often, especially around the bible belt.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I still think there is huge difference. I found it very telling that all of the supposed Christians were shocked that passages were in the Bible, because they are not taught those things, and if they are, it taught as history and an example of how things were in Biblical times.

They are not tenants that are taught in modern Christianity, and in fact are used as examples of what Christians are not supposed to do.

So while it may be shocking for Christians to not know those passages in the Bible, it is no shock to your religious Muslins that those passages are in the Quran, and a large number believe they are supposed to follow the passages to the letter.

The real and honest test would have been to read the evil passages from each book to the followers of each religion, and then ask them if they believe if God expects them to still follow those same laws today.

I am not surprised that the Christians found the passages abhorent and out of place in today's society, I just wish there where more Muslims that felt the same way about the Quran.

I am not going to risk having another of my post deleted for thread drift, though it may not look like it from the amount of my participation here on ATS, I do have a life, and I am really stealing from the time that I have dedicated to other things when I come here. It is my guilty pleasure, but I have preface my thoughts on this matter with the declaration that I am not supporting any religion here or at any other time.

I believe that religion is used as a tool and weapon for control and justification for anything that anyone with a single brain cell would recognize as just plain wrong. The little commonsense that some of us still have, tells us when something isn't right, and when your gut tells something wrong, they need a power tool or weapon to make you override what you know in your heart of hearts is wrong, they use religion as that override.

So I think this is very telling, I just think most people will miss what it really says in their attempt to pretend that Islam and Christianity are opposite sides of the same coin, but it is a blatant lie, and when you have to stoop to antics like this to try to prove otherwise, shows how desperate people are to remove the blame and take the spotlight away from the dirt on their sheets by pointing out the dirt on someone else's pillow case.

I have no problems with people worshiping the God of their choosing. It is a personal choice and I respect what or whomever they thing that being or entity is. My problems comes when their beliefs of what they think this God of theirs commands them to do goes against everything that their God I'd supposed to stand for.

An omnipotent God, the grand creator, those all of Earth and everything on it. An omnipotent God that is of live and peace does not command a beleivet in him to kill his children a d destroy this planet in unending wars.

The God people most people proclaim as the omnipotent sound more like Loki to me then anything else. Even the devil wouldn't send a blind, immature and incompent child to do a God's job. On a trickster would take pleasure out of watching us make asses out of ourselves.

Running late and on a mobile which hates ATS so I apologize for any errors.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hey , of course they would , Christianity and Islam are near exact duplicates until the death of Abraham. And to the end of both , they still share some things in common.
It is the Old Middle East you know. And I wonder how many knew the Qur'an and the Bible ? I mean truly know either or both... I would hazard to guess very few.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The age of the internet and YouTube has bred a generation (or 2) that accepts what their church, mosque, synagogue tells them and Facebook posting and the X-factor inhibits their ability to discern things, research things, READ things for themselves.

"being fooled does not make you a fool, you only become a fool when you continuously fall for the same Sh!t"

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

If ever there was proof to deny ignorance that nailed it

Religion ................................. no thanks I'll take my chances..........................First round in hell on me...............If I'm wrong............................

Cody

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

They really need to update these holy books because they do not appear Holy to me.

One of those religions has, it's called the New Testament.

In this vid, they took passages out of the Old Testament. Many of the books are shared by all Abrahamic religions.

Christianity has the New Testament which Trumps the old testament teachings. The Quran doesn't have that.

That's why you hear of Muslims beheading their children in "honour killings" and not Christians.

Trying to shock ignorant people by quoting Old Testament scripture is really pointless as the only ones who would be shocked are people that haven't read a bible or don't understand how Jesus changed the old ways(thus Christianity was born).

Ghost
edit on 6-12-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yeah, and the kicker is that no one knows that these verses are in the Bible

...because on one preaches them .

But if you claim to follow a religion then shouldn't you be smart enough to read the book your religion is based on?
edit on 6640000002231America/ChicagoSun, 06 Dec 2015 08:56:22 -06002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

This video is ignorant. The main differences between the books is one of them contains a Savior of mankind and the other doesn't! They are reading out passages from Moses' law in the old testament, Jesus has fulfilled the law for us because he did not commit sin during his life, he came as the ultimate sacrifice(the lamb of God) meaning he took our place. This is written in the New testament starting at the Gospel of Matthew. The Koran has similar laws to the old testament of the bible. It was written around 2000 years after the old testament in around 500-600 AD by the man Muhammad who called himself a prophet.
Plus the Pope does not represent the true christian church, he is catholic for a start.
edit on 6-12-2015 by PickledOnion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join