It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: California massacre shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I know exactly what you're talking about. I know some elderly relatives who bought their home way back in the 40's. It was a nice and safe working class neighborhood. Everybody took care of their lawns, kids played well after dark, and the schools were well managed and efficient. Now? They have to have bars on the windows and people around them roam the streets all night in mobs. Guess they don't have to get up early and go to work.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
This is interesting too.

"At this point we believe they were more self-radicalised and inspired by the group than actually told to do the shooting," the newspaper quoted an official as saying. [Source]

How do you nip that?

And how do you differentiate it from someone who is inspired by whatever other kind of hate, jingoist, what have you rhetoric that is out there?

That's easy. The more the killer has in common with you, the more likely it is a "drug crazed lone wolf". If they have nothing in common with you, it is obviously the work of sane and sound extremism.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Metallicus

Why does Obama look foolish?

Because he didn't jump to conclusions like he did with the whole Benghazi video thing. He made an announcement about that right after the event, and he's still paying for that mistake. So, now, when he wanted to wait for all the data before making a claim, he's STILL wrong!

SB was obviously terrorism, IMO. But I didn't need Obama to say that to form my own opinion.

Feller, right before this attack took place, obama was on record saying that ISIS poses absolutely NO threat to Americans. Please stop letting the point of why he looks foolish go over your head. Furthermore, this wasn't a lone wolf attack like the whities you and the Daily News are comparing it to.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Duuuude...wait.

TASHFEEN Malik, the female shooter in the San Bernardino massacre, pledged allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Facebook during the mass shooting that killed 14, US media reports.

During???

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.news.com.au... eca43301ed2a62?from=public_atom

You shoulda led with that….

They been alluding to terrorism since it happened. Now its' confirmed, "as seen on TV". But I'll add to the confusion, the news caster I overheard stated "--the day before--", caught herself, then said, "on the day of--" like someone off camera corrected her…

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

That was not a racist comment and by implying it was just shows me you are not ready to debate the issue with facts.
It is off-topic anyways.
On Topic: I think this is proving what a lot of us felt in the gut when we heard the news. I have 2 relatives that work near that building in San Berdoo. I'm glad the pipe bombs failed and there weren't more casualties. Hopefully this unravels a bigger net of islamists.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: snypwsd
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yep and thats exactly what isis wants.

Yep...guess we should just ignore ISIS, excuse it...and continue to deny it's here.

No it should not be ignored but neither should the US give it self over to the typical knee jerk reactions and paranoid fear its known to do. That plays into ISIS hands.

Like more gun control? I agree. we don't need to undermine any of our freedoms. Glad you are looking out of the US from all the way over there.

And what does gun control have to do with anything? You see im form UK so thinking you can pick a silly little fight? Or just plain star baiting?

Well you cant and you wont. Gun control in the USA is I agree pointless. It won’t work there as you already have 300 million guns floating round the country. So no I don’t think there should be gun control over there.

Happy? Or disappointed you cant go off on a gun rant?

Damn boss, is this how you treat everyone that agrees with you?

I just get fed up with people seeing Im from the UK then thinking Im a gun grabber by default. It makes me shall I say defensive, sorry if it was wrongly directed at you.

It's not that people think you're a "gun grabber" because you're from the UK. It's that you think you know everything that happens on our soil and you act like you know what to do while you're all the way across the pond.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh now that's intersting too.

Meh...I read like 50 versions of that story and only the 49th and 50th said "during." That puts a slightly different twist on it. Maybe it was from the phone they found.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I am sure the administration along with the media will do whatever they can to speak as little as possible about this as it does not fit their end game agenda.

Pcg

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I thought it was white Christian domestic terrorists? I heard that over and over again by the MSM

You misheard... You missed the Conservative label they added...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

It says this in the OP:

The investigation has been focused on the motivation for the attack with officials including President Barack Obama and San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan saying it may have been motivated by extremist ideology.

Seems Obama was open to the idea it was radical extremists of some sort. So I fail to see your point.

Because he's been repeating the same old worn out line that ISIS poses no threat to Americans. His involvement in this case has nothing to do with the point of the story. He'd just said ISIS was no threat to us the morning this attack happened. That's why he looks foolish.

Guess I didn't see him make that statement. As of just late last month, on the 25th, he held a press confernece in which he said ISIS/ISIL was a threat to us all.

Getting conflicting information here. If he was following the same worn-out line, why would he say that?

President Obama spoke at the White House alongside French President Francois Hollande, declaring that ISIS poses a threat to all of us and must be destroyed.

"Make no mistake. We will win and groups like ISIL will lose," he said, vowing that the American people "will not be terrorized."

"ISIL and its murderous ideology pose a serious threat to all of us. It cannot be tolerated. It must be destroyed."

FoxNews

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Kukri
I get the impression they had something bigger planned but for whatever reason Farook lost it at the party and went off half-cocked not getting a chance to complete the original operation(s). At least this would explain the failed detonation of the pipe bombs at the event and the ones found in the apartment (untested for reliability).

I have had interest in this theory for a couple days now. The SUV was rented 3 days previously, though... That tells me that he had planned THIS attack. Perhaps these terrorists were part of a cell and so they had all the eqpt, but he got mad at someone at work last week and decided to go rogue and teach them a lesson.

According to sources, there was a work related party that had just transitioned to the Christmas party when farook left pissed off.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
So, is anyone fed up with this sh*t yet? Do we just wait for the next part of the world to suffer from these deranged psychopaths? How do you win a fight against an enemy you can't see?

You take a wizz all over islamophobic and racist claims from politically correct lefties and you start profiling and watching every move the muslims make.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Feller, right before this attack took place, obama was on record saying that ISIS poses absolutely NO threat to Americans.

I can't find his statement. Do you have a link to it?

(And I'm not a "feller".)

edit on 12/4/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It says this in the OP:

The investigation has been focused on the motivation for the attack with officials including President Barack Obama and San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan saying it may have been motivated by extremist ideology.

Seems Obama was open to the idea it was radical extremists of some sort. So I fail to see your point.

Obama looks foolish because he constantly downplays the ISIS zombies

He should have exterminated ISIS at their first appearance

Obama just empowers ISIS with his flimsy phony way against them and not taking the serious.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

According to sources, there was a work related party that had just transitioned to the Christmas party when farook left pissed off.

WHAT sources?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Oops! DP
edit on 12/4/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: harvestdog
a reply to: snypwsd

In canada we have strict laws when it comes to guns and it works. We do not have mass shootings EVERYDAY because of that fact. We have millions of guns but only a handful of people die every year because of them. Unlike the states where you have at least 80 people a day being murdured by guns.

No. You do not have mass shootings every day because you don't have the gang problems the USA has.
Canada has a black population of 2.5% and a hispanic population of 1.2%.
The USA black population is 13.2% and the hispanic population is 17%.
Most of our mass murders are commited by gangbangers of primarily these two races.

harvestdog...I point this out every chance I get when people insist on comparing the US with Canada (30 million) or Britain (60 million). America has a huge gang problem, inner city problem, and illegal immigrant problem.

Mass killings stats are thrown out there like America has people shooting each other in the streets all day every day. Yes, they do, but it is gang on gang and thug on thug mostly and drug-related. Let 'em kill each other off, imo. We would be much better off without these dregs of humanity.

That's the way I've always looked at it too... Probably why certain populations can't rise above 13.5%.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Oh now that's intersting too.

Meh...I read like 50 versions of that story and only the 49th and 50th said "during." That puts a slightly different twist on it. Maybe it was from the phone they found.

Thats why they do that, so confusion about whosis whatsis covers the real hoax by the government. Why do i suspect that? Because that is the source of said tweet, right?

Edit: You that on top of it to read "fifty versions"? I'm a let the smoke clear and dust settle type. A month from now it will be yah, they lied to us about that, too.

Just like twe attacked Iraq after 911 but the terrs were Sauds, just like the terrs in France were Belgium and French, but they bombed Syria, just like this will be used to garner support to invade Syria.
edit on 4-12-2015 by intrptr because: spelling additional

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
So, is anyone fed up with this sh*t yet? Do we just wait for the next part of the world to suffer from these deranged psychopaths? How do you win a fight against an enemy you can't see?

You take a wizz all over islamophobic and racist claims from politically correct lefties and you start profiling and watching every move the muslims make.

That's the same mindset that put Japanese Americans in camps.

I'm afraid too many people are advocating for tyranny.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

"ISIL will not pose an existential threat to us. They are a dangerous organization like al Qaeda was, but we have hardened our defenses," Obama told CBS. "The American people should feel confident that, you know, we are going to be able to defend ourselves and make sure that, you know, we have a good holiday and go about our lives."

www.cnn.com...

Here's Obama's quote.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join