It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a chat conversation with a self described "moderate Muslim" and here it is

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So, i was in a chat room talking to a moderator and we always hear on ATS well go out and talk to people get involved see what the opionions are so I asked a nice man named Omar to engage in a dialogue in which he did, i also asked if i could post this conversation and he agreed. Im not saying that this is indicating a mass belief but i am saying i talked to a random Islamic man and this is the conversation that transpired. I'm not sure what to think, some of this conversation is very difficult for me to relate to or understand. It feels very threatening at times, i do not want a massive war, but i have to say if these are the generally held beliefs then our cultures are incompatible. that's just the plain and simple, I am sure ill catch flack for this but i really want to know what people think can our cultures co-exist? I want peace, i do not wish death on innocent people! Here i am left wondering...

"TechniXcality: omar i would really like to know your opinion of that quote
Omar: its 8:12 ?
TechniXcality: yes
Omar: Surat Al-Anfal ?
TechniXcality: its in the koran
Omar: Aya 12
Omar: or what
TechniXcality: let me look
Omar: paste me all the Part of it the Aya i mean
TechniXcality: Sahih International: [Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip.
Omar: yea now i see
TechniXcality: is this not a dangerous idealology?
Omar: some of parts in Quran
TechniXcality: not to say other religions do not have similar text
Omar: came the time of Muhamad
Omar: in this part
Omar: the God asks the Angels to support the muslims in this war
Omar: and he will put the fear and scared on the unbelievers heart
TechniXcality: so you are saying its in the context of war
Omar: this war name
Omar: Badr
Omar: yea
Omar: context of war
TechniXcality: but does the koran not call for holy war or jihad against unbelievers or the kafar?
Omar: but not our wars now
Omar: its a war happened the time of Prophet Muhammad
Omar: yea he does but with limits
TechniXcality: well who is the kafar
Omar: and not the jihad happened these days
Omar: kafr is the one who doesnt believe with Allah
TechniXcality: omar should i be killed for disbelief
Omar: no its not like that
Omar: well Quran says to open these countries and spreed islam on it
Omar: and only kill the ppl who come against islam
TechniXcality: what about apposty should someone be killed or stoned for turning from Allah
Omar: jihad goes for the ppl who are against muslims and fights them
Omar: not the peace ppl
Omar: u mean if someone was muslim then he turns to another religion ?
Omar: that one should be killed in our religion
TechniXcality: he should bee killed
Omar: and it has reasons
TechniXcality: why
Omar: Quran didnt say about them but the Sheikhs said
Omar: well they say he was in the right religion tho and when he converts
Omar: he spreed lies and lots of stuff about islam that its not right
Omar: and ppl will believe him cuz he was muslim before like he says
Omar: but anyway these ppl are few
Omar: islam spreeding so fast in all the word
TechniXcality: omar should islam dominate the world
Omar: what u mean with dominate ?
Omar: are u christian btw if i can ask
TechniXcality: i am athiest
Omar: aha
TechniXcality: and dominate i mean do you believe that you as a muslim should spread islam and kill those who disbelieve or tax them
Omar: Quran said that one day all the word will be muslims
Omar: so its gonna happen
Omar: with us or without
Omar: and u already can see it now with the islam going so quick its something u cant never deny it TechniXcality: so yes you believe islam should dominate
Omar: yea it should cuz its the right religion for me
TechniXcality: omar do you support jihadist actions carried out against the west
Omar: from which side
Omar: i told u there is no part of ppl now doing Jihad if they say so i dont think it is
TechniXcality: do you support isis and their making of a caliphate
Omar: no
TechniXcality: why not
Omar: cuz i dont know them
Omar: and media shows the actions of them as bad way
TechniXcality: are they not following the Koran?
Omar: they are suspicious
Omar: im not saying i believe all what comes from media
TechniXcality: omar are you familar with the british soldier lee rigby?
Omar: no
Omar: i dont watch news
TechniXcality: he got decapitated in the streets of the U.K for being a soldier and fighting a war against those in the middle east.. my question is, the men who decapitated him in the name of Islam were they correct to do so?
Omar> who cut his head
TechniXcality: islamic men
Omar: well
Omar: we have many things in Quran
Omar: that it ask us to cut ppls head
TechniXcality: im just asking was it the right thing to do, do you support it
Omar: like i said top TechniXcality
Omar: i dont know the reason of it
Omar: but if the reason comes with the things that was said in Quran then it should be
TechniXcality:

On the afternoon of 22 May 2013, a British Army soldier, Fusilier Lee Rigby of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, was attacked and killed by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale near the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich, southeast London.[3][4][5][6][7][8] Rigby was off duty and walking along Wellington Street when he was attacked.[9] Adebolajo and Adebowale ran him down with a car, then used knives and a cleaver to stab and hack him to death.[10]

en.wikipedia.org...
Omar: im not sure but i think only 2 part of ppls u can cut their head
TechniXcality: read that omar
TechniXcality: and tell me if you agree
Omar: yea i know the story
Omar: in wars TechniXcality
Omar: u are allowed to do what u want with ur prisoners
Omar: thats what islam says
Omar: Prophet muhammad did many things
Omar: 1- sometime he free them
Omar: 2- sometime he trade them
TechniXcality: yes but i am asking was his murder the right thing to do i just want you to say yes or no Omar: 3- sometime he ask them to teach ppl stuff then he free them
Omar: 4- and sometime he killed them
Omar: he was a prisoner ?
Omar: if yes then yes
TechniXcality: a prisoner
TechniXcality: what does that mean
Omar: someone u got him due to wa
Omar: a soldiar if tho
TechniXcality: omar do you consider yourself a moderate muslim?
Omar: i hope so
Omar: trying my best
TechniXcality: so do you support infiltrating other societys and growing islam and then killing people who resist Allah?
TechniXcality: yes or no
Omar: not killing people who resist allah
TechniXcality: but you said the Koran say's to
Omar: i told u that u should kill ppl who come against and try to destroy ur islam
Omar: all the countrys
Omar: can pay the Taxs
Omar: its to"
edit on 12/4/2015 by eriktheawful because: Mod Note: Fixing post

edit on Fri Dec 4 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote, added source IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS EX TAGS ADDED AS WELL

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
2 things stand out for me:

1- You need to highlight who said what.
2- The boy your talking to sounds like an idiot.

You, and anyone for that matter cannot paint a picture of an entire religion based on what 1 person has said, more so if that person sounds like an idiot.
edit on 4/12/15 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Pretty jaded. Not one question about what he thinks of what the west is doing to whole countries there in the name of Democracy and "Humanity".

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I had a chat with Omar too
after being invited for dinner here in AU (me and my colleague (from North Dakota) )
We ended up beatboxing by the river .. It was one of the best nights of my life and if I don't have zillions of those type of stories I have none

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Yes, bold or coloring the lines you wrote vs him would be very useful. But, it wasn't totally unclear who was talking.

Of course this 'omar' person isn't the voice for all Muslims, but it's pretty damn difficult to deny just how evil their, and other, religions are.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Yes, bold or coloring the lines you wrote vs him would be very useful. But, it wasn't totally unclear who was talking.

Of course this 'omar' person isn't the voice for all Muslims, but it's pretty damn difficult to deny just how evil their, and other, religions are.

I thought some areas were totally unclear.

I was not having a go at the OP, those were just observations.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

why wont it freaking show our names!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The real problem is people of the religious persuasion placing there faith in a book written by Man with all his fears and fallibility at play.

These texts were designed by the priest class(TBTB of the time) so as to subvert and appose the natural freethinking and inquisitive nature that humanity possess by default by way of control constructs. Also to keep in place the status que of the ruling class system.

The same can be said for the Bible or any other religious text for that matter that propose to contain the direct word of God.
edit on 4-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

U know the quote
Diversity is the only thing we have in common

next quote
a 'black' man and a 'white' man have fundamentally more in common then a 'white' man and a 'white' woman

next
why are u asking ats

If I wanted to be a b**** I would ask if native people had a choice to ask if they can coexist with our culture

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

What are you talking about, the guy was saying he wants to infiltrate the west and make us pay a tax and slay those who resist. there is no amount of apology you can make for that no way you can twist that somehow to sound right, get on with that crap.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

So that is what you wanted us to see a twisted Islamic man .. thanks for clarifying ..

edit on 4-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Yeah evil religions, so what do you think ghost, kill them all?

You are no different from these Muslims in my eyes, you are consumed

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Wanted you to see? I forced him to respond in such a way? What are you talking about, the ongoing rhetoric is go talk to someone go ask yourself. So I did, and I asked the questions that I felt are pertinent what exactly do you have a problem with? Why are you going after me as somehow intolerant what is this?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

While i agree that the thinking and mentality displayed by the man is both misguided and down right wrong by today's standard i imagine any Christian fellow from around the time of any of our numerous crusades would probably come away with something similar.

Im not making excuses for the way the Man thinks or what he says, just pointing out that not that long ago or own people thought or were conditioned to think along similar lines.

Organised religion is the main contributing factor i imagine. We even have our own version doing the rounds in this day of age that being our mass media networks and news outlets that are controlled by TBTB and there banker oogart partners in crime.

edit on 4-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
How do you know he is moderate, how do you even know he is Muslim?

I can be Omar the moderate Muslim if you want to chat.

Let me know and I will meet you in a random chat room.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I had too had a recent chat with a Muslim (a high school friend, once Methodist Christian, now a Muslim conver).. I won't post my conversation, but I found quite the opposite. I enjoy my discussions with her so much that we are closer now than we ever were before. I appreciate having her as a real source that I can, unabashadly, ask whatever I want. She's not shy and not offended either.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe
" I'm omar woods"....."no I'm omar woods"...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yeah evil religions, so what do you think ghost, kill them all?

You are no different from these Muslims in my eyes, you are consumed

I'd prefer to educate them all. Unlike in many religious texts, nothing from a secular viewpoint suggests to kill all those who do not lack a belief in god.
edit on 4/12/15 by Ghost147 because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Too small to read. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Look I agree there isn't proof he is a moderate Muslim, or not or even a Muslim at all, I guess there isn't proof he is even a person. My point is this is a random chat with a random person, are these beliefs generally held? Are they not? It's a fair question, and in light of that conversation I really want to know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join