It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking to connect with people who are wondering about the same things I wonder about

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicWanderer

In layman's terms, then, "reality" and "truth" are specific to the individual? If that's the case, how is it that our realities overlap to give the illusion of an objective reality which is not created by our consciousness? If that's not the case, forget the overlapping question I just asked.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicWanderer
a reply to: MegaSpace

lol I am in my twenties...is it that obvious? lol

I can tell from what you write on your intro your conscious is not yet fully developed to its full potential, normal for your age! I can also tell your an old soul...My expertise is conscious evolution & human conflict!

Edit: Let me explain clearer what i mean by not fully developed. You're an old soul, i can see it & since you haven't fully developed yet, you will attain the knowledge that awaits you once you do begin developing. You haven't seen anything yet! Meaning you have huge potential! if your meant to. Your time will come.

I don't come to intros & write this, you some how pulled me, i sense you have important knowledge to share for us in future.
edit on 4-12-2015 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hi there. Welcome to the site.

You should be able to learn a lot here. Being you are in psychology, you should be able to get some practice here.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

its all fun and games until youre 23

HAH!.... It gets better at 24 though, right?..... Right?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

Well yes and no. Reality and truth are both subjective to the individual. Each individual has his own objective truth which then creates his subjective reality. Next, each group of like minded individuals begin to cocreate the reality they all experience with only slight variations between each person. For example, you may see a dragon shape in the cloud where I see a snake and our interpretation of our perspectives creates our subjective experience. Now, you must keep in mind that reality is a quantum subject that exists on and in multiple planes and dimensions simultaneously. Thus, there is the individual reality and the collective reality at various stages of groupings such us individual, family, community, city, state, country, continent et c

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MegaSpace

Well that gives me something to look forward to then! I've been getting increasingly bored as of late with life in general. Stuck in a generation too old to be tech savvy and make a living there and too young and naive to be able to get through this game on my own

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Lol well great! Looking forward to it!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 0hlord

Lmao I'm still holding out hope that it gets better at 26....

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Next, each group of like minded individuals begin to cocreate the reality they all experience with only slight variations between each person.

Here's what stumps me about the idea of co-creating realities. Let's assume an asteroid comes bolting out of nowhere and lights up the sky - or that there's a supernova. Just about anyone looking in the sky will notice these things. Is this an argument that we are all like-minded or that there is a reality outside that which we create?

Perhaps there's an objective reality which we can alter slightly through our perception.

For example, I remember having a rocking horse. When I was little, I needed to be lifted onto it. When I got older, it was hardly to my knees. The objective reality (size of the rocking horse) didn't chance, but my perception did - the reality previously being that it was high up, the current reality that it is a small toy.

Does that make any sense?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Looking to connect with people who are wondering about the same things I wonder about
Empathy? Isn't that the gift that ties us all together? Isn't that what makes us Human Beings? The word Empath brings back memories. Memories I had forgotten about...

And yes, I can relate to shutting it down due to overload, and a chastisement from my mother. I guess my mother felt the world didn't need any empathy, from a little boy who was "too smart for his own good".

Can I empathizes with you? More than I could, or should know. Empathy is between beings, not humans. Humans have limited abilities, where the being can transcend space, time, and even reality itself.

So, your fishing for like minded souls? And what will you do when you catch one? Catch and release, or dissect it and study it. Or maybe just release unto the world a forgotten memory. I doubt your here to be egocentric. Heaven knows I have seen way too much of that around here, but I suppose it has its uses.

Though empathy is a very powerful gift, it must start with "I Care". I care to empathize with you, or you, or you. I have empathized the world over, inside, and out, because, I care.

But now I must reignite that old gift in another direction, one that is closer to home.

So Ill leave you with my customary video gift, that says it all. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Okay so with the example of the asteroid...we would all see the asteroid (objective reality) but how we explain where it came from, what it's impact will be, what we should do about it etc will vary based on perspective and/or belief systems thus creating multiple subjective realities where each of these plays out. For instance, in one reality, we do nothing and the asteroid destroys the world and eventually that reality. Another where we have broken up the asteroid before it impacted the planet allows for that reality to continue existing. Where the first reality ceased to exist, the other realities will fall in its place. The falling of realities creates further variations or ripples in each reality which we can see if one is capable of visiting multiple realities such as I do. For example, when one reality ceases and the others fall, we see slips in the very fluid fabric of time where things bleed through. This would be many of the recent unexplained phenomena which we have seen mounting since September such as the ufo sightings in various countries, the increase in climactic activity around the world etc. So, we are simultaneously somewhat like-minded as well as shifting reality through altering our perceptions. The stacked realities theory of quantum physics is one the is quite well known and I believe that's what gave rise to the term 'multiverse'

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Empathy was what united us all, however many have forgotten they have this gift and how to use it. There is also a difference between being an empath and displaying or using empathy. Empathy is the affect or emotion while an empath is one who has little to no control in using said affect, thus creating the need to block, or forget entirely due to many parents not knowing how to teach their children to handle being an empath. The latter is much more common than most would believe these days. It has been shoved down into the deepest recesses of the mind as a sort of survival mechanism. I am not here to be egocentric but nor will I deny my gifts. I agree that empathy begins with caring, in fact it is the very definition of caring in my opinion. I wish more people would learn to reignite their empathic abilities. We might just save ourselves from total annihilation if we do.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

In other words, parallel universes.

I look forward to seeing you around ATS. Enjoy your time here.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

yes, parallel universes would be synonymous with stacked realities. there are some sort of slight differences of course within each universe/reality along with commonalities. each reality has qualities that set it apart from the others. the differences can be vast and/or inconsequential. A vast difference would be a reality where fossil fuels were never developed as a source of energy...I call this the tesla reality(s). You can see how a difference such as this would have incredible consequences to the way life is lived whereas a difference such as the leaves being yellow instead of green might not have as comparable consequences as never having utilized fossil fuels. This, among other things is one of the many reasons I LOVE quantum sciences.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I love the bob hope video, btw. he was an incredible man

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Welcome. I look forward to your post's.
Your off to a good start all ready.Good job.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 44MAGRED

thanks!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I knew that, that's why I asked.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Humans have limited abilities, where the being can transcend space, time, and even reality itself.

Awesome, I'm a being as well. I do the above every night, in dreams. Matter of fact: we all do.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Humans have limited abilities, where the being can transcend space, time, and even reality itself.

Awesome, I'm a being as well. I do the above every night, in dreams. Matter of fact: we all do.
I suspect, not all. Some, for one reason or another are actually, for lack of better terminology, soulless clones. But that's just my opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join