It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Navy SEAL's Secret for Pushing Yourself Way Beyond Your (Supposed) Limits

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What if we just push it? Push it real good.

a reply to: DuckforcoveR

How can something instantly get stuck in a damn head?! Sheesh, thanks man.

He has an evil streak a mile wide sometimes.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Imagine what my wife has to go through with me...

The poor woman. How does she cope?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

you still got 60% more to go baby.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
The poor woman. How does she cope?

Therapy. Wine. Therapy. More wine. Screaming. Even more wine.

I just keep running around the house (naked of course) singing:

Ooh, baby, baby
Baby, baby
Ooh, baby, baby
Baby, baby

Push it good
Push it real good
Ah, push it
Ah, push it

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: ringdingdong
Hocus pocus? Um...150% of the original amount would 15 miles. Ok...you can do 10 miles. You defined that as your limit(100%). And the 40% that can be relatively easily done is 4 miles. So you don't take the percentage of the remainder in comparison to the 40% (6 to 4), you take the total and multiply it by .6. Um, but then you're a troll, or are behaving as one so I assume that is lost on you. Good day to you.

Im not sure anyone gets it. If 10 miles is his limit, hes a slacker and can really do 25 miles. 40%.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just picturing that in my mind makes me need therapy, wine, and maybe a lobotomy to make sure the image isn't burned into my head. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yo, yo, yo, yo, baby-pop
Yeah, you come here, gimme a kiss
Better make it fast or else I'm gonna get pissed

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You are on fire man

After reading the op you though you could do 1 and 1/2 times more your usual dosage of "white dust"?

Maybe wife should call an ambulance if she is not too into the wine by now, that is another thing no one can do above the 40%, no matter how Much a navy seal scream at you...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Now I really need therapy. I'll have nightmares for weeks.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

The likes of me? You're the idiot who defaults to troll when someone offers an equally valid view. What a tool!

Not about being right it's about not being dense and only seeing things one way. You just don't have what it takes soldier. Another washout.

edit on 1-12-2015 by ringdingdong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ringdingdong
Um...so you're going to take the route of bashful internet troll. Realize, that this method has one way of calculation. And yes, the likes of you. I can't imagine that being overly offensive, if at all and I'm not sure what would say I can not be a soldier when you are the one losing his/her head and I remain calm. Now why do we not take the route we had agreed upon. Calling me an idiot though, good one. Anyways, to not have to deal with you, or others of your sort I shall be leaving. Have a good day, evening. Whatever time it is in your part of the world.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst
Well no, let's say his total limit is 10 miles, which I actually called it and clarified by stating it is his 100%. That would mean 4 miles is his 40% and that the remainder 6 miles is the 60% to push for, correct?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If navy seals got bogged down arguing whether 60% was 150% of 40% we would never win a freakin' war...

My God people... really?

I can share one thing I learned about pushing yourself. Every day I ran, and I mean miles. Lots of miles. But I got stuck at a plateau I couldn't break through. An instructor asked me what I was doing wrong. I told him I didn't know. Every day I start out telling myself I am going to go as far as I can. He told me that was my problem. When the pain got hard to deal with, that was as far as I could go. He told me to set a specific distance and not to give up until I reached it. I hit it the next day. It hurt like hell, but I hit it. The first time you amaze yourself and go beyond what you thought were your limits, you unlock potential in yourself you never knew existed. From there its not what you can physically manifest. Its what you allow yourself to believe is possible.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
Because creating new terrorist groups, whether by design or not, is winning a war.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

In the Marines they taught me something similar. I was told that my mind would give up long before my body would. Boy were they right about that!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Oh I get where the 150% comes from...

if at 40% real your body and mind are screaming at you that is 100%

Then at 80% real your body and Mind are in hysterical agitation because you just pushed them 200%

At 100% real your body and Mind Have just hit 250% of what they believed they could do. Then you fall flat out because you now have given everything possible.

Basically in essence your Pushing yourself 150% over what your body and Mind swore was your limit.

Real 40% + 40% + 20% = 100%
Imagined 100% + 100% + 50% = 250%
Percentage over Limit 250% -100% = 150%

not bad.

CoBaZ

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Why is this so hard, if you think 1 is 40%, 100% is 2.5 it's a damn simple rule of 3

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Think me and you we be saying the same thing, I was Just a whole lot more Verbose about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

the name is the 40% rule

Can I play too...how is this 40% arrived at...is it the X NaVi constant. Something like the speed of light Eulers number e, ro maybe the Golden Ratio?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

So all this time when I was full after eating an extra large pizza I actually had space for one and a half more pizza in there thank you! I will try this soon...

Imagine applying that 40% rule to a smelly loud fart!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join