It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast Feeding Mom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I came across this and the title was

Breastfeeding Mum Confronts Judgemental Onlooker, Fights For Every Mother’s Right To Feed Her Child In Public
Now being a healthy guy I really do not mind if a women wants to show her breasts in public no matter the reason, but this kind of struck me as over the top and also maybe deliberate action to goat people into a negative reaction. I have seen a lot of women breast feed and just about every case they have a special shirt or use a small towel, but this women seems to be about all in your face begging anyone to show disagreement.

I kind of wonder what the women on ATS see this as...

Here are her words and picture.

“In the picture, it appears I’m staring off into the distance. In reality, I’m staring into the eyes of a woman staring at me. She is looking at me with disgust and shaking her head with judgement in an attempt to shame me and indirectly tell me without words that I am wrong and need to cover myself.

Got Milk?

(post by NewzNose removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Some babies will not eat with a towel over their head. Mine wouldn't. Would you?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Covering up is easy, and in public the right thing to do. However, go to any news stand and you'll see not one but pairs of boobs on display for all to see.

She's getting a kick out of it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I am a male, it doesn't bother or do i find it sexual. It's a natural thing to do and it should be kept a natural thing to do.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Eh, seems like an attention seeker, online and in person. You can breastfeed in public, but that doesn't mean you can just pop your boob out in a restaurant while everyone is eating dinner. It would have taken the smallest of efforts to put part of the blanket she's got that baby wrapped up in to cover herself.

I get it, it's a natural process that is nothing to be ashamed of, but that doesn't mean everyone around you wants to watch it. Taking a crap is perfectly natural too but I doubt i'd get a lot of people cheering me on for dropping my pants and taking a steamer in the middle of the restaurant floor.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

my 3rd grade teacher would have told the baby if he didn't bring enough for everyone, to put it away .

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I kind of wonder what the women on ATS see this as...

I see this as a woman feeding her child.

If I were in her position, and someone was staring at me, shaking their head, I'd probably do more than this woman is doing, with a hand gesture or two.

I've seen many women feed their child and have never considered that they were trying to goad me into showing a negative reaction. I just smile. It's precious.

link   
I could care less if someone breast feeds in the open.

I could care less if someone around them is offended.

Why can't the woman just feed her baby and accept that there will be people offended?

She even had someone photograph her staring at the offended person.

We are not and we never will be all the same.

Thank God!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
As a former restaurateur I have had this happen in my places and it was not an issue.

What I did take issue with was the disgusting slob who decided it would be a good idea to change her child on one of the dinner tables.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The sooner western 1rst world countries get over seeing breasts as sexual objects, the better. Grow up already.

Breasts are specifically designed to feed babies, nothing else.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
Breasts are specifically designed to feed babies, nothing else.

Liar!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Pray tell... what other use do they exist for?

Or are you joking when you call me a liar?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think it is totally bizarre that she pulled her b00b up through the neck of her shirt. It looks really uncomfortable to me but perhaps she enjoys the discomfort as well as the attention.

Sal

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

but this kind of struck me as over the top and also maybe deliberate action to goat people into a negative reaction

When I was a waiter in college I had this hotty come in and pop her breast maker out, just like the lady in the picture. She got no negative reaction from me nor the rest of the male crew and I don't recall others as well. However, I might have been distracted.

But yeah, I agree she is probably looking for a confrontational since she is specifically looking back at women. I recall when my hotty gave birth the La Leche League International breast feeding organization was like a cult and they came across as very confrontational from our experience with them at our hospital.

edit on 431231America/ChicagoTue, 01 Dec 2015 17:43:25 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Pray tell... what other use do they exist for?

Motor boating for one.

Or are you joking when you call me a liar?

I figured the plethora of exclamation points would have given away that I was.

edit on 1-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm so glad to live in a place where exposed breasts are not a crime.

Feed your babies, I'll not be disgusted by it.

But, please, change diapers in washrooms.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I'm so glad to live in a place where exposed breasts are not a crime.

I think that is what confuses many people. As far as I know there are very few laws against exposing ones breasts in public, if any at all. For example, it is totally legal in New York City.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So people are offended because a woman is feeding her baby in a place where everyone is eating....... Um yeah that makes sense

Is this like some PC rubbish to find a reason to be outraged.....? I like how millenials get a bad rap for being wet blankets yet here we have this rubbish.... Lead by example comes to mind......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join