It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey closed the straits of Bosphorus - Russia gives a last chance/warning - Turkey reopens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Its all over our news today, russian warships and boats are parked in our ports. There is a huge silence but its a reason of war.

The link have an auto translate option, under the main title and picture.

link

I give you some different sources, drop the links into google translation...

link

link

link
edit on 1-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
An update to that news from this Source:

Anonymous Russian military source said a moment ago to the Russian news agency Ria Novosti that there is no problem with the passage of Russian ships from the Bosphorus and Dardanelles Straits.

The delay that occurred earlier today in the passage of ships, due, according to the source of Ria Novosti, in workload, and in bad weather.

Earlier today, reports suggested that no Russian ships sailing the Bosphorus and Dardanelles Straits, due to the deterioration of Russian-Turkish relations, in response to the shooting down last week Russian bomber aircraft by Turkish fighter. No problem, said the source at the Russian agency.

Regards

Seed

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wtf are Turkey playing at if this is true? Utter madness

Cool it's not closed was weather related
edit on 1-12-2015 by Whereismypassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
Its all over our news today, russian warships and boats are parked in our ports. There is a huge silence but its a reason of war.

The link have an auto translate option, under the main title and picture.

link

I give you some different sources, drop the links into google translation...

link

link

Likely has to do with the sanctions that have been discussed here. I am seeing reports they are allowing them through as well though. Seems like mostly cargo ships at this point.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

From sputniknews.
sputniknews.com...

On Tuesday, a military diplomatic source told Russia's RIA Novosti that Russian Navy ships are not experiencing any problems passing through the Bosporus and the Dardanelles at the moment, adding that the Yauza's meeting with the Turkish sub was not out of the ordinary, given the heavy traffic in the transit zone.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
lets keep that on hold till tomorrow, we have news everywhere about it and 1 anonymous source that this never happened.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Bottling up the Russian Black Sea Fleet? People should be aware thats what the control of Ukraine is really Geo-strategically all about about, the Russian fleet based at Sevastopol in the Crimea.

Access to the Mediterranean is key to defending and supplying their bases in Syria. Without passage through the strait from the Black Sea, the Russians have to go all away around through the straits of Gibraltar or the Suez Canal.

Surely an escalation on the part of NATO…

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If true. Google translate was reading like it was connected to a prophecy of the biblical kind.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
An update to that news from this Source:

Anonymous Russian military source said a moment ago to the Russian news agency Ria Novosti that there is no problem with the passage of Russian ships from the Bosphorus and Dardanelles Straits.

The delay that occurred earlier today in the passage of ships, due, according to the source of Ria Novosti, in workload, and in bad weather.

Earlier today, reports suggested that no Russian ships sailing the Bosphorus and Dardanelles Straits, due to the deterioration of Russian-Turkish relations, in response to the shooting down last week Russian bomber aircraft by Turkish fighter. No problem, said the source at the Russian agency.

Regards

Seed

I checked a few weather sites and wind/weather sites on the Bosphorus area and it doesn't seem to look like any bad weather. Even the pics associated with the stories appear to show the weather is fine, no high waves, no rain, etc...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thats the strange thing, russia says its the weather, but the weather is perfect. Anyway cant be bothered much, we have it in our news and I posted it

maybe while after turks did that, Putin said : Here is the nuke coming and they call it "weather conditions". Here they still making new articles about the thing, even less than an hour ago. link

the first link I posted, says Russia warned turkey for a war countdown, as a last chance to backoff. Maybe turkey reconsider their action and they reopen them.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Weather doesn't just mean if its rainy, snowing, etc...

It also means "to come thru safely". Coincidence, no doubt.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Weather doesn't just mean if its rainy, snowing, etc...

It also means "to come thru safely". Coincidence, no doubt.

I studied the thing and I know about weather and transportation boats, this weather means nothing for these boats.

I edited the topic title, according to information given in the first link. "russia gives a last chance to turks, to reopen the straits" .

Btw the fog is in minimum lvls, a fog may cause problems, if we are not be able to see the land, beyond 50m. But RT live monitors the area and there is no fog. You can see the horizon and all boats parked and waiting.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
All the sources are Greek and given the history between Greece and Turkey....

They also keep referring to RIA Novosti yet their website does not have any articles / blurbs / opinion piece / etc about the incident.

Seems like Greece might be stirring the pot..

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
All the sources are Greek and given the history between Greece and Turkey....

They also keep referring to RIA Novosti yet their website does not have any articles / blurbs / opinion piece / etc about the incident.

Seems like Greece might be stirring the pot..

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

here is some russian articles

rbth.com...

sputniknews.com...

Every hour of a delay for any cargo ship, can lead into millions of damage. For example, when I ask from a ship company to transport my goods, I as a company will give them an estimated time of depart and arrival. Under international laws, the ship must be always in schedule, ships must always travel (the spice must flow) if not, the ship company must pay for the delay! If it makes it in time and a bit faster, it gets tips... 1 hour of delay beyond schedule may cause 100 million of penalty. In this occasion, turkey is responsible about it and every captain of all these ships, gets a paper for the reason of the delay, so every company waiting for their goods, can sue them.

these ships are designed to travel in all weather conditions, that doesnt mean they will not avoid extreme weather conditions if they can. But today the weather is perfect. Even with an extreme fog, there is analog instruments, also captain knowledge, you can move your ship with safety. Also all boats have 2-3xgps, satelite stuff and there is boats today, even without windows! They drive their boats with digital screens, these type of boats for now, is only in military level.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yeah just found one on Pravda -

Turkey reportedly closes Bosphorus for Russian warships

Contrary to what the article claims Turkey does have the right to close the straights, especially to military vessels.

ETA: This could also be Russia trying to change the story by demonizing Turkey.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
lame, and here i thought something exciting or out of the ordinary was happening in the world. life is so drab.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Contrary to what the article claims Turkey does have the right to close the straights, especially to military vessels.

ETA: This could also be Russia trying to change the story by demonizing Turkey.

Or you demonizing Russia. International agreements (what are those?) provide for international access through all 'narrows', straits and canals, except in time of war.

If Turkey(NATO) closes them to Russian warships, that is an act of war on NATO's part, not Russia.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

From another thread on the same topic - ATS - What if Turkey closed the Bosphorus strait?

"How is it war? The straights and transit rights is based on the Montreux Convention and does not fall under UN/International laws. It says Black Sea nations have transit rights with civilian / commercial vessels. Military vessels can be and are restricted.

If war occurs involved nations can be blocked from transit.

In April 1982, the Convention was amended to allow Turkey to close the Straits at its discretion in peacetime as well as during wartime.

1936 CONVENTION REGARDING THE REGIME OF THE STRAITS ****PDF LINK ****

If Turkey closed the straights its tough luck for Russia."

The only way Russia can demonize Turkey is to intentionally distort Turkey's responses to Russia's actions by making false claims - like Turkey not being able to close the straight. Its part of a larger campaign being waged by Russia by Russia playing the "we are a poor victim" card.

The straights are sovereign Turkish waterways so NATO has no control. I like how you guys try to blame NATO any chance you get.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
If Turkey(NATO) closes them to Russian warships, that is an act of war on NATO's part, not Russia.

If Turkey does it without consulting NATO, that is an act on Turkey's part, not NATO's.
We need to distinguish. The sabre-rattling Erdogan would love us not to distinguish.
edit on 1-12-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join