It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Push in the Australian Senate to Reexamine the Purchase of the F-35

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Zaphod58

Question . Indonesia launches SU-35s against us . Australian radar picks them up with plenty of time . Who wins , given that the F35s have all their bugs ironed out . Thats the bottom line .

Well if you put it that way Hutchy I'm sure Aust will put up a timely response but ultimately the Su's will win as they won't respond and more than likely get the opportunity to shoot first cause here in sooky lala land we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt too often. So they could do a bit of circle work over the top end if they feel so inclined and totally ignore the balless high pitched threats by those pilots presently left to guard our northern shores.

Top end of Australia is a great testing ground for intruders. "I say again, stop! in the name of the RAAF, oops too late"

Kind regards as always,

Bally

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So the answer was . Given that they knew the other was out there somewhere .
edit on 30-11-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

One would hope that if it got close to a shooting scenario that we would not be caught pants down .

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Cheers for the reply,

I wasn't alluding to the scenario where we wouldn't detect the approaching Su's, more towards our tendency to warn first, apologise, warn again, apologise, warn repeatedly while apologising until 'crikey' hits the fan mate.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Actual pilot impressions.

www.defense-aerospace.com...

TLDR; The Pilot is very impressed with the F-35.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

So the answer was . Given that they knew the other was out there somewhere .

The real answer is that the F-35 would call in the fighters, stay in stealth mode, and keep on doing what they are doing, penetrating enemy air defenses to bomb the into oblivion while the enemy says WTF that was defended how did they hit us!?

The F-35 can defend itself. It's just better at other things.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Sheil be right .

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Azureblue

Common sense says Australia should invest half the amount these things will cost to build good relationships with its neighbours and ensure its safety through peaceful means.

Yes, I mean the PI is just nice to China, and China treats them fairly, right?

Whats PI?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

3.14159265359 and so on
-----oops-----sorry.

Bally
edit on 30-11-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Common sense says Australia should invest half the amount these things will cost to build good relationships with its neighbours and ensure its safety through peaceful means.

Yes, I mean the PI is just nice to China, and China treats them fairly, right?

Whats PI?

Sorry
Philippines.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Oh good, anther inquiry into the F-35 in Australia. What is this now? The 3rd?

The F-35 has been discussed in extreme detail in Australian Parliamentary Hearings. Multiple times. Transcripts are online.

DoD and RAAF have reiterated multiple times that the F-35 is the right aircraft.

Why not actually listen to them?

Greens defence spokesman Peter Whish-Wilson on Friday has urged the Senate's standing committee on foreign affairs and trade to inquire into the suitability of the stealth jet for Australia's strategic interests.

Peter Whish-Wilson really needs to stop wasting time and trying to get attention. This is what he is really doing.
edit on 30/11/15 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

Pilots who have flown it seem to like it.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

The real answer is that the F-35 would call in the fighters

By fighters do you mean F18s . Apart from them we only have wedge tailed eagles . The bird that is , not the other thing .

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

The real answer is that the F-35 would call in the fighters

By fighters do you mean F18s . Apart from them we only have wedge tailed eagles . The bird that is , not the other thing .

I don't know what you have honestly. I just know the SU-35 can not replace the F-35. It can not do what the F-35 does. If you have other holes they should be plugged. But being a US ally, you have friends who will help you plug in those gaps.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

In the case of a real shooting war i would imagine most of our allies would have their hands full with their own problems . Iguess we could always slash and burn all the way to Hobart .

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

In the case of a real shooting war i would imagine most of our allies would have their hands full with their own problems . Iguess we could always slash and burn all the way to Hobart .

Who in the world could keep the US with their hands full while launching a real attack against the AUS?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

And do you understand the difference between a single engine platform then and a single engine platform now?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Zaphod58

Question . Indonesia launches SU-35s against us . Australian radar picks them up with plenty of time . Who wins , given that the F35s have all their bugs ironed out . Thats the bottom line .
In this case,we'd be buggered. Unless the rumour is true that a certain computer upgrade is added to increase its movements blah blah blah. Maybe their waiting to see or hear about a full of dog fight with a couple Su-35's and turkeys f-16's. If turkeys 16's get sorted with eaze then they might buy some...
and be friends with russia
woudnt that be a nice

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Can we get real here?

Relative to the RAAF, the Indonesian Air Force is a joke. They aren't much of a threat.

Can we stop with the paranoia?

RAAF has currently 72 Hornets, 24 Super Hornets, 6 Wedgetails, 5 A330 MRTTs. Armed with the latest weapons (i.e. JASSM-ER). Our pilots are probably better too. We also have a OTH-B radar - JORN.

In the near future we will get 12 Growlers, 2 additional A330 MRTTs, and begin F-35A deliveries. The F-35As will likely be warmed with AMRAAM, ASRAAM, and a version of JSM built to our own requirements. We will also have SEA1000, SEA5000, SEA4000 coming up. We also have two Canberra Class LHD's to help provide stability to the region.

We don't need the US to plug holes.

If Indonesia obtained Su-35's and used them offensively they would be shot down. Then we could bomb their airfields using a variety of assets, including the strike ability of the F-35.
edit on 30/11/15 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz
We don't need the US to plug holes.

I would bet you don't.

Whether you do or not, I would want to see the US involved in any conflict the AUS is in. You Aussies can't have all the fun.
edit on 30-11-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join