It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab Spring To Paris Fall: A Strategic Shift in the Works

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Of course, it isn't NATO. I mean, come on. And it wasn't NATO that removed Gaddafi as well. It was the people. Right?

That's right, well done. NATO prevented Gadaffi slaughtering his own people. That was the task assigned by the UN, should you care to look it up.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: CIAGypsy

They are far from secret.... And the article already theorized that Putin will get rid of Assad to placate the EU and ME, just not his government….

World leaders could just call each other on the phone, but travel back and forth, round the world, meeting face to face to keep anyone from eavesdropping. If you really knew what they discuss (carving up the spoils of war) and plot (overthrowing nations)…

well, maybe you do know.

Its about the money, from loans, for arms to destroy, and contracts to rebuild. IT's about enslaving the whole world to endless debt, repaying the interest on the loans… forever.

Was that a banking slam directed at me???

No. Most people know the war 'of' terror is contrived, used as the excuse to dominate the Middle East. Even you.

How short a version would be acceptable to those trying to cover up one more WMD and "XYZ president must go"?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yet russia acknowledges a war on terror. So no its not contrived.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

In Libya, NATO intervened after there was a unanimous decision reached in the UN to do so…

And NATO overstepped its Mandate, using the no fly zone as a pretext for overthrowing the whole country.

When a similar mandate was sought in Syria, it was vetoed in the UN security Council by both Russia and China on several occasions, because they didn't trust the US anymore not to do the same thing they did in Libya.

Not that it matters to the warmongers here, they rewrite history all the time. Here is one of those times the UN denied a resolution to Intervene in Syria and Susan Rices response to it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yet russia acknowledges a war on terror. So no its not contrived.

Lol, Russia is fighting the NATO backed terrs. They shot down a Russian ground attack aircraft to stop them.

That is so obvious to anyone without an agenda, the US supports International terrorism and the Russians are bombing them, round the clock.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

That's right, well done. NATO prevented Gadaffi slaughtering his own people. That was the task assigned by the UN, should you care to look it up.

funny how it went after establishing what they wanted to do eh ? Bengazie happened and then the arms moved to Syria via El cia da to over throw the Syrian Govt . Yea they sure protected the Libyans in that one . Water infrastructure bombed , hospitals , lots and lots of things and replaced with what ? anarchy and warring factions ...do yourself a favour and spend some time really looking into the whole mess .

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Perhaps you need to review the timeline on Benghazi....

www.aim.org...

This started in Egypt with the Arab Spring...It wasn't an accident.

It also isn't an accident that this administration has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Huma Abedin: The Security Breach Hillary Is Still Hiding

Obama secretly backing Muslim Brotherhood

BREAKING: Four-Star Admiral Makes HUGE Announcement About Obama & Muslim Brotherhood (VIDEO)

The Muslim Brotherhood-ISIS Connection

On 25 December, Egypt declared the MB a terrorist organization, with the Egyptian courts dissolving nearly all of its institutions, organizations and charities. By contrast on Feb. 4, Obama hosted a meeting at the White House with 14 Muslim leaders, including Azhar Azeez, President of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), and Hoda Elshishtawy of the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC).

Both groups were founded by members of the MB.

Former congressman Pete Hoekstra was incensed. The Michigan Republican insisted it was "absolutely outrageous" for Obama to invite "the Muslim Brotherhood into our government to meet with the White House.”

The thing is....just because OBAMA is behind this doesn't mean that NATO is.... However, no one can deny the influence that the US has within NATO. Thus the reason the French invoked a different article to secure its aggression without NATO, but still guaranteeing EU support.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Thus the reason the French invoked a different article to secure its aggression without NATO, but still guaranteeing EU support.

Yah, pulling the wool over their eyes.

When its about military aggression, NATO is the military arm.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Trying to blame nato is a kremlin talking point. They are pushing it in several threads even though they are wrong about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Trying to blame nato is a kremlin talking point. They are pushing it in several threads even though they are wrong about it.

I'm not blaming NATO for anything. Where'd you get that?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Don't let the war 'of' terror fool you folks, the perpetrators aren't the ones shooting back.

War ' for' terror more accurate?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

No, a no fly zone goes accompanied with military action against the Libyan air defence and the alliance which consisted of;

The US
Brittain
France
Jordan
Greece
Netherlands
Morocco
Arabian united emirates
Qatar
Denmark
Portugal
Poland
Belgium
The secretary general of the Arab league
the leaders of the African Union

Together they decided to use the air force to enforce the UN resolution and to intervene because Gadaffi left them no choice.

There is simply no way that a leader and his troops who has committed such atrocities against its people, can stay in power as if nothing happened.

Assad and his regime is no different.
The main difference is that Russia and China did block a resolution, the outcome is that hundreds of thousands Syrian people have died and Millions have fled the country.
Let's not forget the people in Iraq that have died or were enslaved.
That is what Russia and China have accomplished, all the bloodshed and the rise of IS/ISIS is on their hands.
Yes, even those that died on flight 9268 that was downed with a bomb and the victims in Europe due to the attacks in recent years.

First IS/ISIS had all the freedom in Syria to grow and become very powerful because Putin prevented an intervention in Syria, now Putin wants to fight the extremists, yet his bombs fell outside the caliphate on Syrian people.

As i said, Assad and his regime is no different, for them this is a fight to death because there is no way he is going to remain in power after all the deadly violence by his regime.
If Putin wants Assad to remain in power he'll better move a lot more military equipment and troops to Syria, because the Syrian people the Gulf states and Turkey will seize every opportunity to attack Assad and his regime.

Mind you, alawites are a minority, this is also the main reason why it was so easy for IS/ISIS to invade Iraq and win so much territory.
Many sunni muslims choose IS/ISIS above shiites who are considered non muslims.

It is due to the intervantion that Libya did not end in the blood bad which Syria has become, the one mistake that was made is that the coalition left Libya without help to rebuild a governing structure.
But that would only have lead to 'western puppet' stories.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

No one will win WW3

We are not in 1939, Russia, USA,Israel,UK,France and China are not pointing conventional weapons at each other.

If WW3 breaks we ALL LOSE.

You can safely take UK/France/Israel/India and Pakistan out of this equation. They're irrelevant.

Let me try to put this in some perspective for you ... I'm a seriously looney leader of a big nation, say Russia ... I speak russian, and I decide to go bonkers with Turkey. I want to have a roasted turkey for Christmas.

* I send a few boom boom, right over Turkey ... the nation is in disarray, millions of people dead ... a few cities layed to waste. The entire war has stopped ... the clocks have stopped.

* The entire world is in shock, the population of Europe is peeing in their pants.

* UK says .. NUKE'EM ... France says, NUKE'EM.

* Me, I say ... go ahead, I've got 8990 more bombs to go ... who wants to receive my first one? So, I say ... let's go bonkers, the first one to fire a shot ... no more Europe. Every man, woman and child dead ... sure, I expect the US and China to annihilate me, but I'll make a big dent in them too.

* The population of Europe goes to the streets, the tell their governments "no more war". After all, they don't wanna die.

* UK Leaders, with the Queen in front make a repeated Churchill statement "we will prevail ..." and then the Queen takes a trip to the US, with the entire UK cabinet, the German cabinet, and the French cabinet.

* People of Europe revolt ... nobody wants to die, for a grilled Turkey.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn
I'm a seriously looney leader of a big nation, say Russia ...

Putin is a lot of things....but a looney isn't one of them.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

There is simply no way that a leader and his troops who has committed such atrocities against its people, can stay in power as if nothing happened.

Assad and his regime is no different.

US Human rights violations

Basically, people living in glass towers ... shouldn't be throwing rocks.

But, besides that ...

The reason things are bollocks, in the ME, is because US intelligence has been out of order. Everything, the US has stated, has been wrong ... including the Gaddafi thing, as well as Assad thing.

In the beginning of the War, the US and it's allies stated they needed to provide support for Anti-Assad, because if they didn't the "rebels" would be crushed within a month.

Now, why should a regime ... which is already winning, use chemical warfare on it's own. It's no-brainer, because they only lose on this act.

People, like the US ... and you in this case, are so arrogant that it borders on utter stupidity. Not because the US is stupid, but because it thinks it's so superior it hasn't even occurred to them, that their enemies may be outwitting them. And far more people have died from this stupidity, than what Assad has been able to kill. And the refugees are created, from the fact that US along with its allies, have decided to prolong the conflict.

Syria and Libya, should have been an obvious key item ... that what occurred was a "false flag", played by Al Qaida, and ISIS, for the purpose of gaining ground.

The war on the middle east, has produced an "unknown number of dead", that we already know exceeds million. It's a bottomless pit, that still has people "justifying" murder against humanity. It's a crime against humanity, because it's an act that was done from incorrect intelligence, and produced suffering that is out of this world. Now, instead of saying "oobs" and acknowledging the error of your ways ... you come along, and despite the overwhelming intelligence to the contrary, you still claim the same errors as before. ISIS, is the direct creation of wrong tactics as you show here ... but instead of trying a different method, you want to continue on the same path ... as a madman. The very definition of insanity, is to continuously do the same thing again and again, and expecting different results, every time.

We already know the results.

Iraq, is horror.

Libya, is horror.

The act of wanting to do the same thing in Syria, knowing the outcome in Libya and Iraq, make it a crime against humanity. You aren't acting out of ignorance, but out of malice. If it's not malice, but incompetence ... then, step down.

You should have understood, from day one ... that an act as those "claimed" on Assad and Gaddafi were more than likely a false flag, as the only people to gain from the act ... were the radicals. ISIS.

But instead of "considering" this fact ... people like McCain, go on a tour in the Middle East ... to have their picture taken, with known terrorists. Which signifies, intended malice. The US, along with it's allies ... is so arrogant, it sees no fault in it's own actions ... despite the overwhelming evidence against them. And like a crook, from a B movie ... the US along with Britain, claim the victim to be responsible for their own status.

edit on 28/11/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I'm a seriously looney leader of a big nation, say Russia ...

Putin is a lot of things....but a looney isn't one of them.

Agreed ...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

They are far from secret.... And the article already theorized that Putin will get rid of Assad to placate the EU and ME, just not his government….

World leaders could just call each other on the phone, but travel back and forth, round the world, meeting face to face to keep anyone from eavesdropping. If you really knew what they discuss (carving up the spoils of war) and plot (overthrowing nations)…

well, maybe you do know.

Its about the money, from loans, for arms to destroy, and contracts to rebuild. IT's about enslaving the whole world to endless debt, repaying the interest on the loans… forever.

Was that a banking slam directed at me???

No. Most people know the war 'of' terror is contrived, used as the excuse to dominate the Middle East. Even you.

How short a version would be acceptable to those trying to cover up one more WMD and "XYZ president must go"?

Then you clearly don't understand the Game of Thrones....

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Arab Spring To Paris Fall: A Strategic Shift in the Works

Probably one of the most telling paragraphs that I have yet to see reported domestically....

It is most important to note that when President Hollande declared a state of war with ISIS, he deliberately chose to invoke Article 42.7 of the Lisbon Treaty, not Article V of the NATO treaty. Article 42.7 is the “solidarity clause” that states if a member of the European Union is the victim of “armed aggression on its territory,” other EU member states have an “obligation of aid and assistance by all the means in their power.” In essence, France chose to work within a European framework, without formally drawing in NATO and the U.S. direction that would entail.

This was a great article and did a fabulous job detailing Putin's chess game... The US has been repeatedly undermined on a global scale by its own President's lack of leadership. Of course, I think this is no mistake. He has always felt we needed to be marginalized.

We have 15 months until he can be removed from office (barring the ever-ready conspiracies blowing in the wind....). Makes you wonder what the world picture will look like by the time that happens.

Wow, that is pivitol. That choice of quote and this that follows certainly indicates to me that Hollande had no role in the events of the 13 Nov.......... or have I been sucked in again.

This was posted on the Paul Craig Roberts site by a guest columnist.

From Michael Hudson: What French President Hollande Would Have Liked To Have Said “I apologize to President Obama for not realizing that ISIS’s attacks on France were expressions by the ‘legitimate moderate opposition’.” I appreciate President Obama making it clear that ISIS is America’s Foreign Legion just conducting moderate opposition in their own moderate manner.”

Link

:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Basically, people living in glass towers ... shouldn't be throwing rocks.

I totally agree, but human rights abuses of the US (which I am no natural defender of) pale into insignificance when set against places like China and Russia where there is little outside and internal transparency or scrutiny. We all know that Guantanamo is an affront, but what is unreported and un-investigated in the autocracies who tightly control discussion and the media, we will never know.

However, let's keep this to topic.

The Arab Spring represented a wave of discontent against the corruption and brutality that permeates the Muslim world. When it hit Syria the repression was immediate and severe. Arguably, had Assad been removed four years ago the disgraceful brutality we have seen since perpetrated by his forces and the rise of reciprocal brutality in the form of ISIS et al, could have been avoided.
edit on 29/11/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

nobody wants to die, for a grilled Turkey.

Or have a bear roaming around their yard acting aggressively and wanting to kill anyone it sees. Like a Turkey, a bear can be killed when it presents a danger.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join