It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless veteran beaten to death by teens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

You've done this in other threads, and your attempts at satire are poor; didn't you know that arguing, all conservatives are racists, is the same as arguing all muslims are terrorists. It's a whitewash and an illogical one, you are wrong.

And also a bigot.
edit on 27-11-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I just watched the video, they might have know him, seems odd,

You think this was random?

(post by TsukiLunar removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

First I am an atheist, and trolling me ain't going to work.
Next my views on Islam have nothing to do with this thread or topic, and I never claim all Muslims are terrorist infact I give precise numbers on extremism and make the case for what action I believe we should take. You however troll and participate in bigotry and it's getting under my skin.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
the rest of the story

www.philly.com...

(post by TsukiLunar removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

If they do not know his name, then how the hell can they know that he is a veteran?

Now, that is a question which needs to be answered, but regardless of the answer to that question, the people who murdered this man ought to be hunted down, clapped in irons and thrown in jail until they become nothing but dust. No one who thinks that blitz attacking a homeless man and gang stomping the poor fellow to death is a good night out, should be walking around amongst other human beings.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If I recall correctly, this beating started when one of the boys, who I believe was only ten went to his family and said this man did something to him, but actually did not??

Yes Domo covered this in April.It sure is a shame that the man passes as a result. Murder charges will be added soon I suppose. Idiots.

As summarized by Domo.

So this ten year old was late getting home. He said that he had stopped by a gas station to pump gas for people in order to earn a little extra cash. While there he claimed that a homeless man assaulted him. While the homeless man and the boy apparently got into a verbal confrontation, the homeless man did not assault the boy.

The boy came home and told his mother, who promptly formed a little posse, loaded up a minivan and went to exact vengeance.

from the story.

Joachim was carrying the Mace and sprayed it, but she missed, instead hitting a young man in the group, one of Gillard's sons, in the face, Brooks said.

Another woman, one who police are seeking help in identifying, swung a hammer, hitting the victim repeatedly. Other, younger attackers, stomped and kicked the man's head as he lay prone on the ground.

Finally, Gillard walked up to the man and beat him with the piece of the rocking chair, hitting him so hard in his head and face that the wood splintered in her hands, Brooks said.

Then, as quickly as they arrived, the group got back in the van and prepared to leave.

But before they did, Gillard hesitated. She pulled her son, the one at the center of the incident, toward the man, lying broken and bleeding on the pavement.

She wanted to him to see that they had stood up for him, Brooks said.

So yea man I wonder if the child even cares that he started it all and got a man killed for lying. I Suspect the original verbal confrontation was a result of the child trying to make money doing some of the pumping gas and window washing at the petrol station that the veteran himself may have been doing to make his own extra cash.

The boy who cried wolf, and brought a pack of wolves for revenge.
edit on 27-11-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Some crimes merit the loss of every right afforded to a human being.

This is one of those crimes.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Forgive me just one day after Thanksgiving.

I have no desire to understand what possessed these kids to kill that homeless guy. Life is so short. We all struggle just to understand enough to get by. There is little room in my heart or head to bother getting to know their 'story'.

Their actions have spoken for them. Sometimes in life their is no walking-back or seeking understanding for what we do. We jeopardize the whole, we wear out our welcome, or we fatally wound the trust of our society.

Better people than I may know WWJD and act upon it. I salute them. In this instance I am unable to embrace their example.

That homeless veteran represents the weak, the downtrodden, the one in society who needs help. Instead he was offered death from those with much more than him. That cannot stand or we as a society cannot not stand.

Please forget the judicial system making this one right. Dispense with the defense of the perpetrators as victims. Save the excuses. You come across as nothing more as an enabler to this abomination.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In response to several people who have asked how they know he is a veteran without knowing his name:

The article and video I saw had a one sentence story about this tragedy. I am certain someone knows his name and his history, or at least the military part of it. It was just so sad to me that his death got one sentence that didnt even call him by name. He was just "homeless veteran".

This makes me sick.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
If I recall correctly, this beating started when one of the boys, who I believe was only ten went to his family and said this man did something to him, but actually did not??

Yes Domo covered this in April.It sure is a shame that the man passes as a result. Murder charges will be added soon I suppose. Idiots.

As summarized by Domo.

So this ten year old was late getting home. He said that he had stopped by a gas station to pump gas for people in order to earn a little extra cash. While there he claimed that a homeless man assaulted him. While the homeless man and the boy apparently got into a verbal confrontation, the homeless man did not assault the boy.

The boy came home and told his mother, who promptly formed a little posse, loaded up a minivan and went to exact vengeance.

from the story.

Joachim was carrying the Mace and sprayed it, but she missed, instead hitting a young man in the group, one of Gillard's sons, in the face, Brooks said.

Another woman, one who police are seeking help in identifying, swung a hammer, hitting the victim repeatedly. Other, younger attackers, stomped and kicked the man's head as he lay prone on the ground.

Finally, Gillard walked up to the man and beat him with the piece of the rocking chair, hitting him so hard in his head and face that the wood splintered in her hands, Brooks said.

Then, as quickly as they arrived, the group got back in the van and prepared to leave.

But before they did, Gillard hesitated. She pulled her son, the one at the center of the incident, toward the man, lying broken and bleeding on the pavement.

She wanted to him to see that they had stood up for him, Brooks said.

So yea man I wonder if the child even cares that he started it all and got a man killed for lying. I Suspect the original verbal confrontation was a result of the child trying to make money doing some of the pumping gas and window washing at the petrol station that the veteran himself may have been doing to make his own extra cash.

The boy who cried wolf, and brought a pack of wolves for revenge.

Thank you for the added information.

I also wonder if the kid feels bad about it. Or did he just learn that he can get people killed if he says something bad about them? Considering the culture in which he is living, I suspect he probably learned the latter.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I wonder why he fought for his country knowing he was only a tool? Oh well, least he is in paradise or where ever he is right now.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If they don't know his name how do they know he's a vet?
Not that it really matters, it's just so senseless and what strikes me is how women/girls would be the ones swinging a hammer at the poor man's head.
I vaguely remember this vid from a while back - there are so many videos of senseless attacks like these it's easy to lose track.
There is a plague of evil in this country.
Not economic disparity or any other reason politicians will give.
It's evil pure and simple.
Without God and a sense of morality this is what we get.
We begin to think of ourselves as Gods and do whatever we want.
This is the source of our downfall.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sad all around. I hope that man finds the peace that he didn't have in life.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I remember when TJ Sotomayor covered this.(the initial attack) He pretty much summed up my feelings.
edit on 27-11-2015 by Lysergic because: clarification.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The police probably recovered his military ID/VA card from his wallet.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Years and years ago I stated that if the situation w the police doesn't start cleaning itself up that people would start targeting them

I'm telling you know if this doesn't get handled , you're going to see people start striking back at the thugs and and gang banger areas and mentalities

This country is ripe for a race war

DEATH WISH it Will Happen.
Too many Idiots Running Free without a care in the world.
Thugs,Criminals and Uneducated Asswipes.

(post by IslandOfMisfitToys removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So sad. Believe it or not, but there is a darkness that has been creeping over our country in the last 50 or 60 years that has turned evil and sick. A mentality of depravity and violence is epidemic in parts of our culture and it is eating away at the good.

The good and just have become so cowed by political correctness, which in my opinion is just another form of bullying, that they have lost the determination to stand up and take a hard rational look at what is happening, much less what really needs to be done about it.

This is not about poverty, economic disadvantage, or inequality. This is about the core of the nature of evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join