It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian crackdown on Muslims fuels exodus to Islamic State

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: itsallmaya

I responded to your off topic post. Sorry you were given the info substantiating the FSB action. Since we are dealing with internal russian security and muslims it is relevant. Maybe next time have your facts together before challenging something.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Yeah isn't that genius?

These people with their religious beleifs of killing other otherwise very humble, sane, compassionate, loving human beings is sick and perverted.

Those dudes just want any excuse to do just that. And the Russians are providing one.

To go and fight in a war against the Russians in retaliation for them being harassed is extreme. And that just shows they were extreme in the first place.

Therefore they will end up where they belong hopefully before they get a chance to kill any good people.

Wouldn't it be ironic if one of these dudes blew their self up in a suicide bombing attack in an attempt to kill as many people as they could but the only ones that died was his wife and kids who just happened to be there in that government building trying to seek food assistance.

All because the crazed brainwashed religious fanatic decided to leave his family to go and kill some innicont people.......guess he did hmm?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

So is Russia also to blame for supporting ISIS by intentionally trying to drive Muslims out of Russia?
Are Russian actions ok given the nature of radical extremists?
To head this off - The US and other countries have their own issues in this area, including surveillance. Russia has taken a holier than thou approach while accusing countries of supporting ISIS by their own policies and their effects.

Is Russia just as guilty?

Russia does not support ISIS...they do not like Islam...and they do not like the Muslim culture...they like their traditional Russian culture. I believe they are trying to drive out Muslims not by force, but by making them fear for their lives and forcing the Muslims to "choose" to leave the country. Those are my two cents.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So Russian authorities check on people under suspicion that they have sympathies to terroristic organizations?

And in "response", the people go join Daesh? Leaving behind children and wife?

Seems like the police may have had a pretty good reason for their concern.

If I were to be harassed by DHS, I'd talk to a lawyer and my Congressman. Joining the KKK isn't on my list.
edit on 27-11-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Shiloh7

but they arent doing it in Russia. They are letting them leave the country for ISIS.

When people leave, they don't show their "Official Daesh Visa" documentation.

They say they are going to the baths in Turkey. Well, that won't be happening too much now.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It's quite possible for Putin to be a dictatorial scumbag, and still in the right about the metastasizing danger from religious terrorists.

There's another guy who fits the profile: Saddam Hussein.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Sure but my point is russian security are watching these people and know who and what they are affiliating with. You think that when these people go to leave russian security somehow loses them?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Dagestan is known in Russia for producing a lot of Islamic separatists. Russia is a huge country, made up of several oblasts, which are home to a variety of ethnic groups. When most people think of Russia, they think of the European part to the west of the Ural mountains, like Moscow and St Petersburg. In Moscow there are some tensions between Slavic people and people from the Caucasus region, and the history of violence in the Caucasian region doesn't help, and neither does the terrorists attack in Moscow courtesy of Muslim extremists. During military service, quite often the Dagestani men and the white Slavic men will be divided, and in many parts of Russia outside the Caucasus area, Dagestani people have a particularly bad reputation.

I'm not surprised at people hailing from Dagestan or the Caucasus region in general are showing sympathies towards the Islamic State. It's the trendy new movement pretty much, and it's very well funded. A lot of these people would rather have their part of the world separated from Russian control, but of course, Russia won't give them up that easily. The north Caucasus is considered to be quite a dangerous place - even I've never been there, and I spent a big slice of time hanging out in Yekatarinburg AKA the "mafia city".

I guess there's this mentality amongst some of these people that they can't really fight and expect to have any significant victories over their Slavic "oppressors" whilst they're in official Russian territory, so they p*ss off to Syria where they'll have a better chance of wiping out some of those nasty Russians.

I'm a bit on the fence in regards to Putin's reaction here. On one hand, I think it is good to show strength, but on the other, there is a risk that it will only end up furthering tensions. Putin has different methods to Western governments, he's a lot more sort of proactive.

Another thing, a "crackdown" on radical Muslims doesn't mean that all Muslims will be persecuted. I admit, it's been nearly 4 years since I was last in Russia, and about 7 years since I last visited Kazan in Tatarstan, but last I heard, Muslims and Orthodox people were getting along pretty well there. Kazan has a large Muslim population, but it's not really known for its extremists like Dagestan. Once again, Russia is really, really big. Not all its Muslim populations have such separatists movements and so on, so unless things have really seriously changed and somehow managed to escape my notice, any crackdown of Muslims will really only be focused in certain areas, with a history of trouble and conflict.

Honestly I'm more worried about Moscow. It's already been targeted for terrorist attacks in the past, and I really hope it won't be targeted again (although it probably will).

edit on 28/11/1515 by DeepThoughtCriminal because: typos

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join