It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey-Russia: A new perspective.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
We have seen Russia engage it's neighbors to protect ethnic Russians, we saw it in the invasion of Georgia, and again in the invasion of Ukraine and annexation of Crimea.

The northern part of Syria contains a region that is full of ethnic Turkish (more on them is located in the link below this paragraph). These Turkmen have been fighting ISIS and the Syrian army. The Russian bombers were on their way to bomb these ethnic Turkish rebels, who are not ISIS, and not extremists. Is this the real reason Turkey destroyed the bombers, and was the rest simply a pretense for Turkey to defend their kin?
www.bbc.com...

Russia believes it is perfectly acceptable to use military force to protect ethic Russians living in other countries. Using that same logic, is it acceptable for Turkey to defend ethic Turks, fighting ISIS, that are under attack? Can Russia on the one hand defend their ethic kin, and then with the other hand say it's wrong for other countries to do the same?

Should Russia not recognize Turkey's right to annex northern Syria and give it to the Turkmen as a Turkey satellite State?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sure, as soon as they recognize Kurdistan!

LOL

BTW, that argument is the same one Hitler used.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Turkey-Russia: A new perspective. Well, that a perspective. I Just don't know why it rings like it emanates from a US govt source??

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The Turkmen are fighting Isis, lol good one!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
More like the Turks are buying oil from ISIS and shipping them weapons. Fighting them? no, not really.

Why would Russia care about the Turkmen? If these guys are really fighting ISIS, then they would be fighting Turkey a the same time. Russia is fighting ISIS, only, not Turkey. Although that could change sooner than later.
edit on thpamFri, 27 Nov 2015 00:10:34 -0600k1511America/Chicago2710 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Sure, as soon as they recognize Kurdistan!

LOL

BTW, that argument is the same one Hitler used.

To be clear, it's not an argument I agree with. I am merely pointing out Russia uses that argument when it suits them, and then dismisses it when it doesn't.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Turkey-Russia: A new perspective. Well, that a perspective. I Just don't know why it rings like it emanates from a US govt source??

No idea when it doesn't. Maybe you can show me where the US government has espoused the idea of northern Syria becoming a Turkish satellite state?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
The Turkmen are fighting Isis, lol good one!

Can you show me any sources saying they are not? Here are quite a few proving they are.

Their location has brought them into conflict with the Assad regime, ISIS, and even the Western-backed Kurdish rebels

www.vox.com...

Turkmen commanders have complained that they have not received enough support from Western nations and Turkey despite their willingness to battle against both the Syrian army and Isis.

www.independent.co.uk...

Turkmen call for arms to join anti-ISIS war

rudaw.net...

The military wing of the assembly is called the Syrian Turkmen Brigades and aims to protect areas with Turkmens from government forces and the Islamic State group.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It should be mentioned on this thread, or a reminder, that the Syrian government invited Russia to help them with forces fighting against them. Obviously by definition, forces fighting against a government should be classified as "terrorist group(s)".

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
It should be mentioned on this thread, or a reminder, that the Syrian government invited Russia to help them with forces fighting against them. Obviously by definition, forces fighting against a government should be classified as "terrorist group(s)".

Then the Eastern Ukraine rebels and the people in Crimea are terrorist groups, right?

Turkey still has every right to invade and annex northern Syria with the same justification Russia has used, right?
edit on 27-11-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Correct, but still technically wrong.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Correct, but still technically wrong.

As I said, I am not advocating it. I am merely pointing out Russia has no reason to be upset as THEY advocate it.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
More like the Turks are buying oil from ISIS and shipping them weapons. Fighting them? no, not really.

Yes, this view is being repeated in all discussions on this. However, is there any evidence that ISIS are selling oil to the Turkish under the watchful eye of the Turkish authorities?

This is a situation where the more something is repeated, the more it becomes fact! The fact that this allegation is being so vociferously highlighted at this moment in time, just indicates the efficiency of Russian's propaganda machine.

It's all about slurring the enemy. Remember it happened in Ukraine. They were all Nazis!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Then the Eastern Ukraine rebels and the people in Crimea are terrorist groups, right?

Turkey still has every right to invade and annex northern Syria with the same justification Russia has used, right?

It's an unrealisitic perspective, according to Russia, "Turkey is an accomplice to terrorists", Turkey also regard journalists as terrorists, seems like everyone is a terrorist these days.

If Turkey invaded Northern Syria then I'm sure there's a chance that Russia would deem them... terrorists haha

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Probably. I do not think Northern Syria should go to the Turkmen (who are actually oppressed) just like Crimea should not go to Russia.

I just find it impossible for Russia to logically say one is right and one is wrong.

I think Turkey did this to protect the Turkmen. Russia of all people should understand that I would think, since that is their excuse every time they invade ....
edit on 27-11-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I thought the world was awakening ??

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Obi88

.. huh?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
If Turkey came into Syria from the rear, would Greece help?

I hope this comment doesn't disappear too soon.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

So the forces fighting against the Ukrainian Government by your own definition are terrorist groups backed by Russia.

Got it

thanks for clearing that up

edit on 27-11-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

That was my response as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join