It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey-Russia: A new perspective.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

"The enemy or our enemy in this case is not necessarily our friend"

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: jaws1975
The Turkmen are fighting Isis, lol good one!

Can you show me any sources saying they are not? Here are quite a few proving they are.

Their location has brought them into conflict with the Assad regime, ISIS, and even the Western-backed Kurdish rebels

www.vox.com...

Turkmen commanders have complained that they have not received enough support from Western nations and Turkey despite their willingness to battle against both the Syrian army and Isis.

www.independent.co.uk...

Turkmen call for arms to join anti-ISIS war

rudaw.net...

The military wing of the assembly is called the Syrian Turkmen Brigades and aims to protect areas with Turkmens from government forces and the Islamic State group.

www.usnews.com...

None of your sources show any evidence of the Turkmen taking on Isis. Them saying that they want to just so they can get US weapons and training doesn't count.

Why in the world would Sunni Turkmen want to fight Sunni Isis, when they have a common enemy in Shia's Assad? Come on man that makes no sense!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

From Vox -

ince then, they've gotten deeply involved in the civil war, receiving significant amounts of military aid from Ankara. Their location has brought them into conflict with the Assad regime, ISIS, and even the Western-backed Kurdish rebels (whom Turkey sees as a threat given its longstanding struggle with its own Kurdish population). Today, the Syrian Turkmen Brigades — the dominant Turkmen military faction — boast as many as 10,000 fighters, per the BBC, though the real number could be much lower.

From Rudaw -

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Iraq’s ethnic Turkmen are calling for arms to fight the Islamic State (ISIS) and protect their own lands, said the leader of the Iraqi Turkmen Front (ITF).

Arshad Salihi called for arms for the Turkmen and a chance to fight in the war against ISIS, particularly in the Turkmen areas that fell to the militants when the swept across northern Iraq in June and captured a third of the country.

“Our first priority is to confront the ISIS militants, who have a number of Turkmen areas in their hands,” said Salihi, who leads the ITF coalition.

From USNEWS -

n late 2012, they united under the Syrian Turkmen Assembly, a coalition of Turkmen parties which represents Syrian Turkmens in the Western-backed Syrian National Coalition opposition group. The military wing of the assembly is called the Syrian Turkmen Brigades and aims to protect areas with Turkmens from government forces and the Islamic State group.

Yes his sources show the evidence you asked for. They are confronting ISIS.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have already aired my opinion that the absence of a strong American presence will lead to an entente between Russia, Turkey, France, and Iran. Putin has already hinted that he may be prepared to let Assad go if the "Syrian people" choose. This will permit victorious powers to redraw the map of the region, ceding territory to Turkey and Iraq, permitting the expansion of Russian interests and favorable trade deals between France and Iran. This redrawing of the map would "correct errors" made by the Allies when they created the new nation states after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire,

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

These Turkmen have been fighting ISIS and the Syrian army.

When are you going to learn that Turkey supports EVERY terrorist in Syria?? They control ISIS!!! Turkey pays ISIS the most because Turkey buys the oil they steal so every Terrorist jumped on the ISIS bandwagon a log time ago.

Many Reporters and journalist are being jailed in Turkey at the moment for exposing how Turkey is funding and shipping weapons to them. The Threads are here if you take a second and look for them.

Turkey also attacks the Kurds who are the only sane ones in the bunch, who is also supported by the U.S., since U.S. troops are fighting along side the Kurds the U.S. told them to stop attacking the Kurds, so Turkey just focuses on funding their little ISIS ninjas and Russia will slaughter them one way or the other.

I support Putin even if he wants to nuke Turkey cause they are the home of all the evil in the Arab world, the head of the Muslim Brotherhood. The same one that Hilter had them start and German Intell still controls them today!!!

Its no shocker that Merkel is welcoming her Islamic buddies in with open arms. Germany knows it will never rid the world of the Jews and the supper powers by herself, she needs the Arabs to unite and attack Israel while the supper powers destroy each other. Merkel is probably Hitlers daughter.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Interesting thread.

The whole thing makes my head spin. A pox on all of them.

Not one single political leader in this mess worth any trust.

Putin, Obama, Assad, the jerk running Turkey, Iran, Iraq, The Saudis....All of them liars with hidden agendas.

The only possible exception that I can see are the Kurds who get support from no one.

+1
I agree. Kurds should get their own country imo.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

None of your sources show any evidence of the Turkmen taking on Isis. Them saying that they want to just so they can get US weapons and training doesn't count.

Why in the world would Sunni Turkmen want to fight Sunni Isis, when they have a common enemy in Shia's Assad? Come on man that makes no sense!

Because for ISIS anyone who does not accept their rule is their enemy, Sunni or not. I posted not one source, but many. Feel free to remain ignorant, I sourced my claims, did you?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

When are you going to learn that Turkey supports EVERY terrorist in Syria??

Awesome, I love opinions with no sources that have nothing to do with the post.

Turkmen =/= Turkey.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Its the Kremlins latest talking point.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Its the Kremlins latest talking point.

Faithfully regurgitated.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: jaws1975

From Vox -

ince then, they've gotten deeply involved in the civil war, receiving significant amounts of military aid from Ankara. Their location has brought them into conflict with the Assad regime, ISIS, and even the Western-backed Kurdish rebels (whom Turkey sees as a threat given its longstanding struggle with its own Kurdish population). Today, the Syrian Turkmen Brigades — the dominant Turkmen military faction — boast as many as 10,000 fighters, per the BBC, though the real number could be much lower.

From Rudaw -

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Iraq’s ethnic Turkmen are calling for arms to fight the Islamic State (ISIS) and protect their own lands, said the leader of the Iraqi Turkmen Front (ITF).

Arshad Salihi called for arms for the Turkmen and a chance to fight in the war against ISIS, particularly in the Turkmen areas that fell to the militants when the swept across northern Iraq in June and captured a third of the country.

“Our first priority is to confront the ISIS militants, who have a number of Turkmen areas in their hands,” said Salihi, who leads the ITF coalition.

From USNEWS -

n late 2012, they united under the Syrian Turkmen Assembly, a coalition of Turkmen parties which represents Syrian Turkmens in the Western-backed Syrian National Coalition opposition group. The military wing of the assembly is called the Syrian Turkmen Brigades and aims to protect areas with Turkmens from government forces and the Islamic State group.

Yes his sources show the evidence you asked for. They are confronting ISIS.

Well it looks your right, this "evidence" would be a slam dunk in a court of law!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Because for ISIS anyone who does not accept their rule is their enemy

You mean like Israel? Isis is really hitting Israel where it hurts, oh wait...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Because for ISIS anyone who does not accept their rule is their enemy

You mean like Israel? Isis is really hitting Israel where it hurts, oh wait...

They also are not hitting South Africa, I guess that means they are allies right? Or maybe it means ISIS has no territory near Israel and is not in a position to invade them.

As far as terror attacks, they did that.
www.dailymail.co.uk... illed-50-Egyptian-soldiers-brutal-dawn-raids.html

www.jpost.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The only possible exception that I can see are the Kurds who get support from no one.

American SF just ran a rescue mission with Kurdish forces against ISIS, releasing dozens of people marked for execution.

It struck me as unusual that a public mission was conducted with a non-state group.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

I am happy to hear that!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Many Reporters and journalist are being jailed in Turkey at the moment for exposing how Turkey is funding and shipping weapons to them. The Threads are here if you take a second and look for them.

Only two journalists have been jailed for providing evidence that Turkey is providing arms to rebels, not terrorists. Other journalists are being jailed for other reasons. Erdogan is basically an Islamic fascist, we all know this.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

American SF just ran a rescue mission with Kurdish forces against ISIS, releasing dozens of people marked for execution.

It struck me as unusual that a public mission was conducted with a non-state group.

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

Well, we're fighting a number of 'non-state groups' . Whatever the motivation was, a goof thing, Yes?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Nope.. They both, isis and assad, are bad.

Yes they are, but helping to defeat ISIS is in a strange way helping Assad to get rid of an enemy.

I don't think we are doing it to help him, but in a strange way it does support his fight against them. That was just the point I was making.

I would have no problem with both being gone, but until we get rid of ISIS we should focus on them then deal with Syria afterwards.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

"The enemy or our enemy in this case is not necessarily our friend"

Your right but even enemies can work together in one way or another. I am not saying we are friends with Syria, but we do have a common enemy at the moment.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Sure.. remove isis and it allows the rebels to focus 100% on removing the mass murder assad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join