It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Mayor Says He’s More Fearful Of Armed White Men Than Syrian Refugees.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: jonnywhite

No it isn't tied to "white/black" wealth difference. Most black people tend to be Democrats who want to ban guns.

That is changing, however, and its about time.

Hmm according to this link you probably are right--at least somewhat:
www.washingtonpost.com - When did black Americans start voting so heavily Democratic?...

Thank you for reminding me ethnic groups don't have the same party affiliations. The poll (*) I linked in my previous post also stated gun access (in the household) to be 49% for republicans, 22% democrat and 37% independent. Given 80% of blacks are democrat leaning and 42% of whites are democrat leaning, this probably does explain some of it.

I still think the wealth gap applies, but not as much as I did before.

The other thing is even if white males share a disproportionate share of mass shootings, some of this should be expected. 79% of mass shootings are by WHITE males. But since 77.4% of the US population is white and 97% of all mass shootings are males then we should expect most mass shootings to be white males on numbers alone.

(*) - www.pewresearch.org - The demographics and politics of gun-owning households...
edit on 11/26/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I was responding directly to the poster who broke it down along racial lines and wealth disparity. Even if the blacks and Hispanics in his world could not afford one in a gun shop because they are too poor or can't pass the checks (part of affording one like passing the credit check is part of affording a car), then guns are readily available illegally.

Why else are they so easy for criminals to come by? The very people gun control measures are supposed to thwart (criminals) never have any problem getting guns and it isn't because the laws are lax. It's because guns are easy to get through other channels than the expensive legal ones that the poster in question erroneously supposes only whites have access to.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Sharia Law in Texas, the Mayor is just covering his white anglosaxonprotestant behind. Funny my 15 year old said today he thinks white people go public when they are killers and blacks do it in the ghettos where noone is a witness unless they want to get shot too.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: projectvxn

I was responding directly to the poster who broke it down along racial lines and wealth disparity. Even if the blacks and Hispanics in his world could not afford one in a gun shop because they are too poor or can't pass the checks (part of affording one like passing the credit check is part of affording a car), then guns are readily available illegally.

Why else are they so easy for criminals to come by? The very people gun control measures are supposed to thwart (criminals) never have any problem getting guns and it isn't because the laws are lax. It's because guns are easy to get through other channels than the expensive legal ones that the poster in question erroneously supposes only whites have access to.

I did not erroneously suppose whites have more access. I actualled googled ok. Here's another link backing up my claim:
www.pewresearch.org - The demographics and politics of gun-owning households...

A gun in the household:
White: 41%
Hispanic: 20%
Black 19%

Another reason whites might have more access is politics. Minorities might more commonly be democrats. I showed a link in previous post showing black ethnicity are 80% democrat leaning and democrats are much less likely to own guns than republicans. Here's another link:
www.gallup.com - Democrats Racially Diverse; Republicans Mostly White...

Results:
* 2/3 of blacks identify as democrats--with the rest mostly being independent
* 1/2 of hispanis identify as independent and most of the rest are democrat
* whites are evenly spread but slightly lean republican
* 89% of republicans were non-hispanic white (wow!)
* 70% of independents are non-hispanic white
* 60% of democrats are non-hispanic white
* NOTE: Non-hispanic whites are 63% of the US population

The implication is a disproportionate share of whites are mass shooters. But it's not a large difference given most of the US population (77.5%) is white. And since the above poll shows they're more likely to have a gun in the household, it does seem to bolster the argument more access to guns might lead to greater incidence of mass shootings.

I'm only trying to understand why whites might be the most common mass shooters. The other thing I brought up is white privilege:
en.wikipedia.org - White privilege...

When whites don't get what they're entitled to--or feel is deserved--they go on mass shootings or something. Mostly males.

EDIT: An older poll shows less extreme gap. 55% republican households report a gun, whereas 40% democrats report a gun:
www.gallup.com - Gun Ownership Higher Among Republicans Than Democrats...

The pew research poll showed 49% (republican) to 22% (democrat).
edit on 11/26/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The mayor is clearly an idiot.

I am not afraid of people, but of Governments. I can handle myself against a person, but not against a well armed, Authoritarian Government.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Interesting stats ,another key maybe that in alot of urban areas some folks not involve in criminal behavior may shun guns because there is a lot of violence carried out by gangs with gun and is thus unwilling to expose their sons to fire arms, I knew from experience that not even a fake gun was tolerated in our household, Mom's rule, but I suspect rural Blacks to have more guns based off their environment.
edit on 27-11-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The mayor is clearly an idiot.

I am not afraid of people, but of Governments. I can handle myself against a person, but not against a well armed, Authoritarian Government.

That's why voting and the right to it is perhaps more important than the right to be armed to the teeth, but that's just my opinion, when we allow gov't to whittle down our basic rights mounting an armed resistance it's all too little too late.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

White men are evil and should be reviled. Thats the premise of all good pc liberals.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

White men are evil and should be reviled. Thats the premise of all good pc liberals.

Errrr no it's not! Pirhanna, that's like saying the premise of all good cons is minorities religious or otherwise are evil and should be reviled.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I can only speak for myself, of course. I have a concealed carry permit, I've been on the receiving end of an attempted muggings, three of 'em to be precise. The last one, I got cut. Not badly, but not something I ever care to have happen again.

The world can be a dangerous place. I, personally, choose to carry, though not always, to have an argument to hand, if the time should ever come again.

"Spineless"? Meh. That's a bit different from fearing an entire group, I should think.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Both are, in their own ways, equally important.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
a reply to: introvert

There's definitely much more hate coming from the left these days, which is mobilizing and stirring up a lot of rhetoric from the right. I fear for everyone whenever the real white supremicists start showing up. They've been strangely quiet for the most part. The left doesn't realize that the more they chastise white people the more they are adding to extremists numbers. Regular people who were never racist to begin with are going to be ready to fight.

I think you nailed it. White supremicists strike me as the type that doesn't bark a lot.
edit on 27-11-2015 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Good thread Spider! 13th flag and star. If Mayor Mike has
a problem with white people packing he should check his
own demographics. THe people least likely to be wandering
around in a SHTF scenario looking for either food or trouble
are the ones who prepped first.

Besides, with no legal obligation for you to protect anyone,
I'll just turn all my hardware in as soon as you can give me a
written guarantee the Feds don't drop off any select fire AK's
in the enclave. Didn't thinkso... next

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Considering he lives in a gated almost exclusively white community and likely sends any kids he has to a mostly white school, he looks pretty stupid.

So I chalk his comment up to the same diarrhea of the mouth Ray Nagin had after Katrina when he made his infamous chocolate city comments.

Best comment I've seen in ages and all so very true. And this guy is like the great bulk of the elitist political class. They are so removed from the day to day lives of the people in the US that make up "General Population" that they have great difficulty making statements that in any way connect with the majority of people. Shuttled about in their armored limos from gated community to country club or office and the exclusive "club" downtown replete with hookers and blow and then back to the gated community with the trophy bride, they never much see the "street life" much less experience it.

These people have no concern about how many people die in the streets at the hands of gunmen of any stripe; their only concern is how much they have to pay to buy off the next election.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

“I am more fearful of large gatherings of white men that come into schools, theaters and shoot people up, but we don’t isolate young white men on this issue,” Rawlings said.

I must have missed some news stories. The mass shootings by white men that I'm aware of were committed by lone individuals with mental problems and medication. Which mass shootings were committed by "large gatherings of white men?"

If the Dallas mayor is really concerned about large gatherings of armed white men killing people, maybe he should disband the Dallas PD.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

If the Dallas mayor is really concerned about large gatherings of armed white men killing people, maybe he should disband the Dallas PD.

BURN

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join