It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accurate Member Predictions?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I might be scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but I was wondering if there were ever any predictions of the future from ATS members or members of another alternative website that could be considered accurate.

By "accurate predictions" I mean that most if not all of the details within the prediction eventually came true in one way or another. It also counts if the member specified that something negative would happen on a very specific date, although what they described as to what would occur ended up being erroneous.

The prediction doesn't necessarily have to be a prophecy or from a psychic either, but perhaps a person relying purely on past events to determine the future.

I remember one time personally when I used to lurk around on ATS that a member predicted the 2011 earthquake in Japan (the one where the Fukushima plant was damaged).

So, can anyone else remember or search for someone accurately predicting a future event on this site or another?

UPDATE: I'm mostly searching for short-term predictions or predictions that can't be misinterpreted as someone simply making as many predictions as possible to eventually get one right. "A major volcanic eruption will happen in the next five years" isn't as damning as "A major volcanic eruption will happen in the next five days".
edit on 25-11-2015 by Passerby1996 because: Update

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Passerby1996

Make enough prophecies and you will end up being right.

Nostradamus made thousands of prophecies, and guess what. Some of them ended up being interpretated to being correct.

You will undoubtedly find some predictions on here, that has turned out to be true.

I predict this:
Within the next 10 years, we will see the next Hitler.
edit on 25-11-2015 by SBargisen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBargisen

Make enough prophecies and you will end up being right.

Nostradamus made thousands of prophecies, and guess what. Some of them ended up being interpretated to being correct.

You will undoubtedly find some predictions on here, that has turned out to be true.

I predict this:
Within the next 10 years, we will see the next Hitler.

I was mostly referring to those predictions that couldn't be easily mistaken for someone simply throwing things out and hoping something sticks. Particularly, I'm looking for predictions of events that aren't as long term. For example, "there will be a major economic downturn in the next ten years" isn't nearly as damning as "there will be a major economic downturn this week".

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yes.

There was one.

It really freaked the member out too. He hardly ever posts anymore. Give me a sec, I'll find it.

:|
Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Yes...

One that freaked me out.

Dark Knight:Lucifer Rises
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"This film is due to premier on the 19th of this month in the Southern Hemisphere and on the 20th in the North.
Is there an event comming 24hrs eitherside of this date with time zones. "

"Lucis trust the benefactor? no not directly or soley.They are doctrine/policy.
Event ? blood letting or Ordo ab Chao.Something that will make everybody take notice! "

~july 9th

"Dude, a guy stood up in COLORADO and shot 12... 12!!! 1+2 people to death in a movie theater that was PLAYING THIS MOVIE!

www.huffingtonpost.com..."
~ July 20th

Aftermath thread:

10/7 I said Dark Knight (shooting) was a blood sacrifice
edit on 25-11-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Somewhere here I had one on Michael Jackson saying he would never make the stage in London. I didn't know if he would drop out or die just that he would never make it. I made $50 on it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I predicted Obama would defeat Romney...

1 more prediction....Jeb in 16teen

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy
Yes.

There was one.

It really freaked the member out too. He hardly ever posts anymore. Give me a sec, I'll find it.

Mike Grouchy

Interesting. Looking forward to seeing if it's the real thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
found it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Yes...

One that freaked me out.

"This film is due to premier on the 19th of this month in the Southern Hemisphere and on the 20th in the North.
Is there an event comming 24hrs eitherside of this date with time zones. "

"Lucis trust the benefactor? no not directly or soley.They are doctrine/policy.
Event ? blood letting or Ordo ab Chao.Something that will make everybody take notice! "

~july 9th

"Dude, a guy stood up in COLORADO and shot 12... 12!!! 1+2 people to death in a movie theater that was PLAYING THIS MOVIE!

www.huffingtonpost.com..."
~ July 20th

Aftermath thread:

I haven't read the aftermath thread yet or the member's reactions in the original thread after the event occurred, but that's insanely creepy how someone could've predicted something like that with such accuracy. I'll try to read the member's reactions or explanations following the event, but I don't see many logical explanations to something like this.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

found it.

Great. Would like to see it ... although if it's as shocking as you're making it out to be maybe I shouldn't be so gleeful?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
• Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:39 AM : member JackiusFogg posted a dream

• his thread: Coming Massive Earthquake off Japan - A Dream

• Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM : we found out about 8.9 Quake hits off the coast of Japan! Live Updates

The details of his dream are quite startling.

/hope that helps

Mike Grouchy

edit on 25-11-2015 by mikegrouchy because: format

edit on 25-11-2015 by mikegrouchy because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Somewhere here I had one on Michael Jackson saying he would never make the stage in London. I didn't know if he would drop out or die just that he would never make it. I made $50 on it.

Interesting. Did something concern you to the point where you thought he wouldn't make it to London? Or was it just a fun, out-of-the-blue bet?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The details of his dream are quite startling.

/hope that helps

Mike Grouchy

This was the exact post I was referencing in the OP, although I somehow thought that he used some kind of logical means to predict the earthquake instead of a dream, which honestly makes this even crazier.

Good find. Sorry to see him not post much anymore, though.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 25-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Forget accurate predictions from members, you should expand your search to accurate predictions from ANY seer. Though you will still come back with the same answer. None. Prophecy has struck out literally every time its come up to the plate to bat.

Yeah. What he said.

Seriously, OP, go do a search. Resident ATS members have predicted everything from tsunamis, earthquakes, the Rapture, returning of Jesus, we've even had aliens and Angels (named Gabriel) click away on the forums. Because you know, when aliens travel intergalacticly they like to chat it up with conspiratol-minded people on the Internet.

Is your prediction going to come true?

Nope - and as with 99.99% of other prediction threads, after the time allotted passes with nothing happening, the "move the goalpost," logical fallacy seems to be the first plan of motion.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
nvm

I wanted to stay within the days of the internet due to the fact that seers tens or hundreds or thousands of years ago will almost certainly have their prophecies or predictions altered in some way over the years. In other words, the chance of an older prediction being genuine is actually lower than if it's in a relatively recent web forum, because that way you can usually keeo track of whether the prediction was made before the fact. You also get to see the before-and-after reactions of anyone witnessing the prediction, which is also interesting to see.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Prior to his Dream post I would have pegged JackiusFogg as in the "serious British skeptic" camp. Having read many of his posts before, there is almost a level of self ridicule in his Dream post, but he sticks to accurate details of what he saw. Like an old school reporter. Just the facts.

After the Tsunami hit Japan he seems to have been devastated. Eventually he stopped posting all together. He came back a year later, but posting volume was way down.

His thread creation trickled down to nothing by 2013, and his comments stopped by 2014.

One sentence from his dream post sticks with me to this day. "On it I saw a LARGE RED square surrounded by many other smaller squares just off the east coast of Japan."

And I have been disappointed that more of our 'dreamy' members haven't tried using more maps & apps in their lucid dreaming attempts.

Either way, he predicted it: accurately by 1 month and 4 days.

I hope he is doing ok.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 25-11-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Yeah. What he said.

Seriously, OP, go do a search. Resident ATS members have predicted everything from tsunamis, earthquakes, the Rapture, returning of Jesus, we've even had aliens and Angels (named Gabriel) click away on the forums. Because you know, when aliens travel intergalacticly they like to chat it up with conspiratol-minded people on the Internet.

Is your prediction going to come true?

Nope - and as with 99.99% of other prediction threads, after the time allotted passes with nothing happening, the "move the goalpost," logical fallacy seems to be the first plan of motion.

That's why I stated that I might be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know that there are many, MANY predictions that never really came true or were obviously going to happen without someone using their supposed psychic powers.

Really, I was just curious if there were any predictions from internet users alone that were correct and unexplainable. I haven't been on this site for very long and maybe someone could enlighten me of the 0.01% of predictions that actually DID come true.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Prior to his Dream post I would have pegged JackiusFogg as in the "serious British skeptic" camp. Having read many of his posts before, there is almost a level of self ridicule in his Dream post, but he sticks to accurate details of what he saw. Like an old school reporter. Just the facts.

After the Tsunami hit Japan he seems to have been devastated. Eventually he stopped posting all together. He came back a year later, but posting volume was way down.

His thread creation trickled down to nothing by 2013, and his comments stopped by 2014.

One sentence from his dream post sticks with me to this day. "On it I saw a LARGE RED square surrounded by many other smaller squares just off the east coast of Japan."

And I have been disappointed that more of our 'dreamy' members haven't tried using more maps & apps in their lucid dreaming attempts.

Either way, he predicted it: accurately by 1 month and 4 days.

I hope he is doing ok.

Mike Grouchy

It gives me the thought as to why there are apparently so few psychics out there trying to prevent tragedies like this. Maybe after the first time they got something correct, they turn into recluses and refuse to ever make a prediction ever again. Which is a perfectly understandable human reaction if you felt you could've prevented a disaster that killed countless lives.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join