It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

world's dumbest government borrows $578 billion in 3 weeks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
October marked a time when the American government raised the debt ceiling allowing our clueless leaders to use their credit card.
In just three short weeks they raised our debt $578 billion. Just for perspective our military budget is a little over $600 billion for 2015.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Anybody want to take bets on weather or not we will be $20 trillion in debt before we have a new president?
I almost feel sorry for the next president,,,,almost..

Where our military depending goes by the way..
www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 24-11-2015 by Bluntone22 because: added content

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm pretty confident they will find a way to fend off that big $20 T number at least until the next election but maybe just barely

Ugh what a *** damn MESS. These guys in Washington have been living on a free lunch for way too damn long

edit on 24-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Here's what the folks in Congress are thinking right before they let out early before big holidays:

(Let me drive home in my E-class Mercedes after working for only 15 hours this week, and getting paid over $135K/year)
edit on 24-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The reason for this is because we had reached our debt ceiling so borrowing was back-burnered. Once the debt increase was approved by Congress, scheduled borrowing hit the books.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
But how will they ever pay it back?
How?
¿ HOW ?
My bet is on another huge war

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
The reason for this is because we had reached our debt ceiling so borrowing was back-burnered. Once the debt increase was approved by Congress, scheduled borrowing hit the books.

Thanks for that, it makes it so much easier to swallow after you explained the reason...phew, and I thought America was just crippling it's self and getting ready for another planed and orchestrated debt crisis

It's the American populous's fault for living beyond their means...don't blame the bankers and politicians for wrecking your lives

Fyi a bit of sarcasm above!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

$600 billion in a military budget in a time of peace... that's the U.S. Miltary Industrial Complex for you. To0 bad we have become so dependent on the money raked n by the MIC we can't just shut it down.

It's like a triple fried egg, chilli, chutney sandwich. All the wrong parts but when you smash it together and get wasted, it taste great!

but yeah the next president will inherit more debt than there is money in the world. It's all fake, people just accept dollars have some natural value.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

This is par for the course. Politicians simply push the debt burden forward without ever dealing with the systemic problems and waste. This way people continue to get their entitlements and continue to elect the same jackass politicians because they think everything is fine.

Obviously, there will be a reckoning some time in the future, but by that time the politicians responsible will be retired or dead and there will be no one left holding the bag except us citizens.

edit on 2015/11/24 by Metallicus because: Spaced for readability (no text changed)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

$600 billion in a military budget in a time of peace... that's the U.S. Miltary Industrial Complex for you.

What ever.

We spend more on the WELFARE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX than anything else.

We are currently spending triple 600 on the big three sacred cows the progressives love so much.

Social Security,Medicare, and Medicaid.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Not including interest.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

$600 billion in a military budget in a time of peace... that's the U.S. Miltary Industrial Complex for you.

What ever.

We spend more on the WELFARE INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX than anything else.

We are currently spending triple 600 on the big three sacred cows the progressives love so much.

Social Security,Medicare, and Medicaid.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Not including interest.

Medicare and Social Security are not welfare benefits. People pay in to it and receive benefits in return.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
So you'd rather spend 600 billion on devastating other countries and murdering millions of innocents rather than spending the same amount of billions on giving your nearest and dearest some health security?

Why do Americans not give a chit for its own not so well off people?...this I never understand

Why do Americans believe it's necessary to waste billions if not trillions on a "defence system" that doesn't defend and only attacks ?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The good ole usa has a budget that's a trillion dollars more than any other country and it's still managing to borrow 40 percent more money.
We have a serious spending problem not an income problem.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I'm pretty confident they will find a way to fend off that big $20 T number at least until the next election but maybe just barely

Oh hell no. Obama will make it his last presidential goal to break that number by as large an amount as he can. I bet it will hit 25 trillion before he leaves office.

Also I never want to hear a liberal complaining about our military budget ever again. The military budget can't hold a candle to this. It's all liberal pork spending.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Medicare and Social Security are not welfare benefits. People pay in to it and receive benefits in return.

Yeah they are.

A person pays 6% in to SS, then pay another percentage for medicare.

The difference is made up by the employer. Which doesn't cover the benefits received.

WELFARE PROGRAM.

Even the Scotus says so.

Social Security is not an insurance program at all. It is simply a payroll tax on one side and a welfare program on the other. Your Social Security benefits are always subject to the whim of 535 politicians in Washington.

There is NO RIGHT to SS

That shortfall creates deficits that create DEBT.
edit on 24-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: zerozero00

Why do Americans not give a chit for its own not so well off people?...this I never understand

Because corporate products are not human 'rights'.

They never have been.

Want to know where ALL the money ends up for social programs ?

Same place.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Does it even matter for U.S. congress at what level the debt is currently?
The U.S. only has to extend the law further in order to allow yet another bill to increase the national debt and to spend more than it has.
It seems that everyone has to endure more austerity measures except the U.S., because any other country would've been declared bankrupt a long time ago.
Please prove me wrong on this by providing anything to refute this.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

Bankruptcy is for when you can't make your payments and we are not there yet.
The debt can be fixed by simply not adding to the debt. But that ain't going to happen any time soon either.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Oh well, that makes it better.

Good to know I just need to stop using my credit cards when I hit the limit, ask for a limit increase and then stop spending at double time as soon as I get it ... hit the new limit that much faster ... but I'm sure they'll just give me more.

Governments have the same rules as your household you know, just that everything operates on a larger magnitude and no one will offer you a shelter when your debtors hold a giant fire sale auction for your stuff.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Even the Scotus says so.

That was not what the SCOTUS said. That was a quote from the person that wrote that piece for the CATO Institute. They did not say it was welfare or anything of the sort.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Tyrion79

Bankruptcy is for when you can't make your payments and we are not there yet.
The debt can be fixed by simply not adding to the debt. But that ain't going to happen any time soon either.

U.S. can't make payments concerning their total debt, not even in terms of interest. If anyone doesn't agree to this, show me otherwise and I would gladly change my stance in this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join