It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, the MSM, why are we 'still' sucking it up??? Are we really this dumb as a race?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sorry. I'm sure this has been discussed a billion times over on here.
But rather than trolling through the search engine, I thought I'd ask you (the intelligent ones) all.. Why do we rely on these 2 things continuously on a daily basis?
The 2 biggest scams ever, yet we (I guess the sheeple, sorry for the cliché!) suck it up 24 hours a day, and base our lives around it, accept it as truth.

I'm sure this subject/question requires a HUGE amount of discussion. But can any of you give me a decent 'short' answer please?

One of my theories is that we are soooooo low on the evolution ladder, we don't have the intelligence to achieve peace, yet. If ever? Wow, that's scary actually :-| ima stop right here.

Don't attack me if you can help it, I'm pretty smart, but could be as equally dumb when it comes to this sort of stuff, hence why I'm asking for simple answers.

Respect
OE123

ps I've just realised I've probably just insulted all religious people :-/ I didn't actually mean to do that, apologies! I respect your religion, as long as you don't hurt anybody because of it, condemn anyone for not believing it, or 'push' your beliefs on anyone else ever, especially the weak!

Peace ✌

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
No offense, you're right......

I'm a Christian....I don't have a religion.......cool huh....just a moment to moment relationship,,,,,really helps a wild one like me....!.just talk yo Yahushua and He will yalk to you!!!!

correctamundo....we should stop sucking up the sharade

edit on 22-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 22-11-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

I think we as a race believe in these two things and base our lives on them is simple. There requires no thoughts of a critical nature to just accept them. Easy Peasy I guess... LOL!! So we, not me for sure, buy into them because it is the easiest way of life maybe? Just my 2 cents here, for what that is actually worth now a day... lol!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
No offense, you're right......

I'm a Christian....I don't have a religion.......cool huh.....just talk yo Yahushua and He will yalk to you!!!!

correctamundo....we should stop sucking up the sharade

Thanks dude, but why do we keep sucking up the charade? If you/we want excitement, watch a movie? Read some fiction? Why do we 'continuously' read the lies every day? don't get me wrong, I know there's truth to literally every story we read. But it is ALWAYS blown out of proportion every day, because it 'sells' better. Yet we KNOW this, and STILL buy into it! Arrrrrrgh! Lol I shoulda put this in the rant forum, it's pissed me off my ENTIRE LIFE

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

I think we as a race believe in these two things and base our lives on them is simple. There requires no thoughts of a critical nature to just accept them. Easy Peasy I guess... LOL!! So we, not me for sure, buy into them because it is the easiest way of life maybe? Just my 2 cents here, for what that is actually worth now a day... lol!!!

Hey, thanks. Pretty good answer my friend.
I guess what I'm asking is; why do we take the easy peasey way? It's so weak, so un fulfilling (realistically) so false, fake, pathetic. Yet the majority of the planet sucks it up. Why? Grrrrr lol not aimed at you

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I created a skunk close to almost along these lines instead of a rant, but I think for every news story out there there is enough truth in it to sale, but many times the key lines or phrases that would make the news story a non issue are left out because the news companies want to catch and hold your attention. And that accounts for the MSM + second stream media + radio talk media + blogosphere...

Now on to Faiths, sorry I am going to step on toes here, they are all true and they are all false. Where it matters is when people really have faith in them, I would feel more comfortable around a pastafarian, Muslim, LDS, Catholic, Baptist member who truly followed their faith then any backslid give lip service to their faith fundamentalist any day.

CoBaZ

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think it's a combination of extremely powerful mind control and gullibility...

These people, it turns out, are operating from what I called The Gullible Mind. It is a psychological processing malfunction that filters out information based on its source rather than its integrity. People who operate from The Gullible Mind tend to have misplaced trust in governments, institutions, mainstream news networks, doctors, scientists or anyone who wears the garb of apparent authority.

But how does this work inside their heads? It's an interesting process. Gullible Mind people do believe it is possible for a government (or institution) to lie; but they believe that governments, institutions and doctors choose NOT to lie even when it would serve their own self interests to do so.

Follow this carefully, because this is the fascinating part. These Gullible Mind people effectively believe that even though a government official could lie about something, they would never actually do so. And why wouldn't they? Because, ultimately, the Gullible Mind crowd believes that governments, institutions and mainstream media outlets operate from a sort of honor code. So even if it were in the interests of our own government to lie to us, it would never happen because that would violate this imaginary honor code.

The gullible mind explained

Mass media is the most powerful tool used by the ruling class to manipulate the masses. It shapes and molds opinions and attitudes and defines what is normal and acceptable.

Mind Control Theories and Techniques

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i'd say they present a moral and social security-blanket for many, who find these aspects of life particularly difficult to grapple with, without a benevolent and divine assistance in the first case (religion) and simple to digest soundbites of supposed information in the second (the MSM). i don't consider religious adherents stupid. my mother was a devout christian her entire life (she always made the 'sign of the cross' whenever she passed a church) and i know it was of vital importance and comfort to her. when she watched the news, it was MSM all the way. i never loved her any less as our beliefs became dissimilar. people should really just take it or leave it as far as religion goes. be cool about it, don't force it upon others. the MSM? well i guess one either learns to discern, or one doesn't. obviously the internet generation has a plethora of information available to it, that wasn't there for their parents' generation (even if so many fail to read beyond celebrity nonsense, cheap propaganda and dreadful pop tat).

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I mean ffs, and yes I know this is the DAILY FAIL. But us imbeciles read and PAY to read this every day!
Just look at the first 8ish stories, ALL speculation, and ALL there to attract your attention, regardless of the truthwww.dailymail.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.dailymail.co.uk...

This paper sucks, like The Sun, The Star, The independent, The Telegraph, The NY Times, #ing all of them! All bull#, and we ALL still buy them. I guess this is turning into a 'wake up' thread, and that was not the plan! But why don't we wake up???
edit on 22/11/15 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The assumption that religion of any sort is inherently foolish is a highly flawed one.
If you're really going to have "open ears" then perhaps you should stop closing them off to the possibility that there is intelligence outside of your own limited experience.

"The greatest hindrance to truth is the conviction that you already have it."

edit on 22-11-2015 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Awen24

The assumption that religion of any sort is inherently foolish is a highly flawed one.
If you're really going to have "open ears" then perhaps you should stop closing them off to the possibilities.

"The greatest hindrance to truth is the conviction that you already have it."

Wise words, and duly noted.

Now can you prove to me there is a god? No, just like I can't prove there isn't. But going by science and facts, one side is clearly behind.

If you look at my OP, you will notice that I respect religion, within plausible and reasonable boundaries.
I apologise If I offended you.

Respect
'still' open ears, 123

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
i'd say they present a moral and social security-blanket for many, who find these aspects of life particularly difficult to grapple with, without a benevolent and divine assistance in the first case (religion) and simple to digest soundbites of supposed information in the second (the MSM). i don't consider religious adherents stupid. my mother was a devout christian her entire life (she always made the 'sign of the cross' whenever she passed a church) and i know it was of vital importance and comfort to her. when she watched the news, it was MSM all the way. i never loved her any less as our beliefs became dissimilar. people should really just take it or leave it as far as religion goes. be cool about it, don't force it upon others. the MSM? well i guess one either learns to discern, or one doesn't. obviously the internet generation has a plethora of information available to it, that wasn't there for their parents' generation (even if so many fail to read beyond celebrity nonsense, cheap propaganda and dreadful pop tat).

I like/understand the security blanket part, and also having the choice to discern MSM. And although I respect and agree with these hypothesise, I still don't understand or like! the fact that that almost an entire race relies and accepts them. I find it quite disturbing, and also embarrassing If I remove myself and look from afar.

edit on 22/11/15 by OpenEars123 because: My fingers suck

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Not offended, no...

I'd suggest to you that there is indeed a great deal of proof that demonstrates the existence of God. Christianity is unique in this aspect, in that "the Word became flesh, and walked among us". We're not pointing to histories written down hundreds of years after the fact, or relying on mythologies or hearsay. The King of Kings walked the streets of Jerusalem, sailed the sea of Galilee and died on a very real Roman cross.

The Bible says that "what may be known about God has been made manifest... for since the creation of the world, His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that men are without excuse."

All of heaven and earth are my evidence: design is everywhere you look, filled with irreducible complexity, complex mathematics and biological brilliance.

...and if all creation isn't enough, God Himself has given His Word to men - a book beyond comparison. 66 books, over 40 authors, written over 1500 years, and yet the same 'voice' speaks out of every word, every phrase, every passage. You think you're too philosophically sophisticated for religion? Read the book of Job, and tell me there isn't more wisdom there than you've ever dreamed of in your own mind. Think you're too smart? Read the book of Romans and marvel at the logical, legal mind of the apostle Paul. Think you're a visionary? Read Revelation and understand why the apostle John fell at the feet of Jesus Christ, portrayed in all His righteous glory as a holy, radiant judge.

You want to prove God doesn't exists? Humour me. Read through the book of John, and the book of Revelation - and come out the other side unchanged.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123
I guess this is turning into a 'wake up' thread, and that was not the plan! But why don't we wake up???

A quote from 'The Wake Up Project' (The Arrivals: pt. 24)...

I get emails all the time from viewers and subscribers complaining that they find a high level of difficulty in communicating this type of information and this type of what people call conspiracy to their network of friends. They tell me how people reject this information people fight it people laugh at you people call you crazy call you names.

The best way for people to see and change their way of thinking is for them to experience the change. İs for them to see and research this knowledge rather then someone telling to them. So if you do care about someone or if you do want to share this information. you've got to Be very subtle. You’ve got to do it in a smart way and you've got to bring the person in.

Ask them why do you think this is this way. Why do you think these stories are covered? Through such type of discussion rather then preaching you will build a certain leve of trust or a level of comfort between you and the desired listener and this can help you now to take it to the next step which is to facilitate ways for him or her to achieve or receive the knowledge that you find valuable.

Then the ones who are ready to see and the ones who are ready to be unplugged will do so. But many not. Either way you shouldn’t take it personally. Now why does this happen. Why would people reject such knowledge. Why would people fight such knowledge. Why will people attack you. well it happens most definitely for the following reasons.

#1 From a psychological viewpoint, this information is not easy to swallow, one can not accept this info and go on with their lives in the same way. The brain recognizes that this info will force it to re-arrange and re-program several pieces of information it has accumulated over the years. And the brain will fight, because this requires a high amount of mental effort, and the best way to avoid such effort, is to reject the info.

#2 The second reason deals with the problem of ego. Due to a person’s ego he will fight you and your information, because he/she values their words over yours. They can’t accept that you might of stumbled upon such valuable truths, that they did not realize before, and in defense of their ego, they disclaim your truths.

#3 In many occasions, the person is so comfortable living the fast life, that they simply don’t want to change their way of life, and couldn’t care less about what’s happening in the world. They are too focused on themselves.

#4 You have to understand most of these people are not ready to be unplugged and many of them are so innert so hopelessly dependant on the system that they will fight to protect it.

#5 They believe and value the voice of the system, it has become the prime decider of their reality. What is the voice of the system? The media! The greatest hypnotist on planet earth is a oblong box in the corner of the room it is constantly telling us what to believe is real. If you can persuade people that what they see with their eyes is what there is to see you’re gone. because they’ll laugh in the face of an explanation that portrays the bigger picture of what’s happening and they have. They believe the illusion.

www.allreadable.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

But going by science and facts, one side is clearly behind.

You are speaking of science being clearly behind I hope.
Because otherwise you're wrong. Science offers nothing
in answer to questions like, how did we get here,
why are we here and where the hell are we going?
" Science can tell us many things, but it can't tell
us what we ought to do" The media of course well
there's a perfect example of Godlessness for ya.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Awen24

Not offended, no...

I'd suggest to you that there is indeed a great deal of proof that demonstrates the existence of God. Christianity is unique in this aspect, in that "the Word became flesh, and walked among us". We're not pointing to histories written down hundreds of years after the fact, or relying on mythologies or hearsay. The King of Kings walked the streets of Jerusalem, sailed the sea of Galilee and died on a very real Roman cross.

The Bible says that "what may be known about God has been made manifest... for since the creation of the world, His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that men are without excuse."

All of heaven and earth are my evidence: design is everywhere you look, filled with irreducible complexity, complex mathematics and biological brilliance.

...and if all creation isn't enough, God Himself has given His Word to men - a book beyond comparison. 66 books, over 40 authors, written over 1500 years, and yet the same 'voice' speaks out of every word, every phrase, every passage. You think you're too philosophically sophisticated for religion? Read the book of Job, and tell me there isn't more wisdom there than you've ever dreamed of in your own mind. Think you're too smart? Read the book of Romans and marvel at the logical, legal mind of the apostle Paul. Think you're a visionary? Read Revelation and understand why the apostle John fell at the feet of Jesus Christ, portrayed in all His righteous glory as a holy, radiant judge.

You want to prove God doesn't exists? Humour me. Read through the book of John, and the book of Revelation - and come out the other side unchanged.

I don't belive in 'religion' and I don't believe in an omnipresent deity. If your God is who you say he is, and listens to yours and fellow Christian friends 'prayers'. Can you ask him to stop killing millions of innocent children every year please? And to stop giving innocent children cancer, HIV, malaria, and the thousands of other diseases please? and to instead, give these diseases and ill fortunes to rapists, murderers and paedophiles please? That would be great, and when it happens (as there's plenty of you to pray for it!) I will 100% convert, and apologise profusely for doubting in the first place.
Thanks, let me know how you get on with that.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

maybe one of these days we will get a post where you put your opinions in your own words and defend them in your own words instead of letting all these other articles and videos posted by other people do your talking for you. or maybe i should be careful what i wish for. time will tell, eh?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Murgatroid

maybe one of these days we will get a post where you put your opinions in your own words and defend them in your own words instead of letting all these other articles and videos posted by other people do your talking for you. or maybe i should be careful what i wish for. time will tell, eh?

And what he said ^^^

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

If you wish for something besides the truth?
You should be careful what you wish for.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

" Science can tell us many things, but it can't tell
us what we ought to do"
we fought a vicious bloody war for the right to decide that for ourselves, and we celebrate it every year in july. after everything we have lost to secure our independence and civil rights, our right to sink or swim by our own steam, it would be pretty thickheaded to turn around and say "no wait i changed my mind". not to mention that you should know what you ought to do, or be able to figure it out at least, without having to refer to the encyclopedia of superstitions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join