It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt (and everyone else) laughing at obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: introvert
True, but it takes an ignorant ideology to believe that Obama is the worst thing to happen to this country and use the hateful rhetoric they have against him. Has he been the greatest president? No, but he hasn't been the worst.

Okay, it's a toss-up with Jimmy Carter.

Oh for heaven's sake. It will take a hell of a screwup to take Obama to anywhere like the bottom of the list, where Pierce, Buchanan and Harding reside in all their awful ineffectual inglory.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

There is plenty of threads on this and they all say the same thing, the translation is wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

So three clowns from an Egyptian tv show are criticizing Obama (translated via MEMRI
) and I'm supposed to care?

Who is everyone else? You and right wing America?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
i just wanted to point out that subtitles doesn't have any thing to do with what the guys are saying , so the translation is wrong , all what they are speaking of is the president of Qatar and his mother , they didn't mention Obama at all , i know this because im an Arab.

MEMRI tv

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

There is plenty of threads on this and they all say the same thing, the translation is wrong.

I addressed that already. I know its a fake video. Read the comments.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So three clowns from an Egyptian tv show are criticizing Obama (translated via MEMRI

You don't have to look very hard to find people laughing at this clown. Honestly, even the most die hard liberal cant deny that. Or maybe you can. Maybe the blinders are on so tight knowledge doesnt get in any more. I dont know. I have never been that closed to the world around me.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This one is a beauty, op is slowly figuring out that again the video posted is edited and the translation is poor at best, but he keeps attacking obama.

Dont change ats, another one bites the dust.

I dont get the anger anymore, you guys get to vote for trump, oh the irony.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: Swills

You don't have to look very hard to find people laughing at this clown. Honestly, even the most die hard liberal cant deny that. Or maybe you can. Maybe the blinders are on so tight knowledge doesnt get in any more. I dont know. I have never been that closed to the world around me.

Very few people here in the UK laugh at your President. He's quite popular.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

(Ahem) Clinton actually built the US economy quite well, especially as he inherited a recession from GHWB. He also put the US economy on the path to a budget surplus. You want to see economic stupidity? Go and look at Dubya. He blew that projected surplus on two wars, one of which was based on a stack of lies so high that you can see the Alps from Manhattan on it, he put in place a set of tax cuts that only really benefitted corporations and very rich people, his job creation numbers were deeply crummy and then he signed off on TARP. That 15% increase in the debt that blame on Obama? That was TARP. Ironically TARP had to be signed because otherwise the US economy would have fallen into the kind of abyss that still makes economists go pale need a toilet fast. And it wouldn't have been as bad if only Bush had had a clue about decent regulation for the financial industry and not listened to the cretins who witter on about the invisible hand of the market. Dubya was not the best person for the job. Where will history place Dubya? It's too early to say. But it sure as hell will probably be in the lower third of the list, if not lower.
And by the way, stop saying 'king Obama'. You could say the same thing of every damn President. And the man who dealt with the depression from hell, who finally got a decent(ish) form of healthcare in place, who didn't screw up a major hurricane hitting a major US city and who repealed DADT isn't doing at all badly in my book.
And yes, I am a Liberal. You know why? I care about other people. And it's not a term of derision. It's a badge of damn honour.

Um...no.

I remember recent history quite well. clinton inherited a healthy economy. In the last six months of his administration he was making drastic cuts in spending to limit the damages of his administrations failed economic policies. Unfortunately, that is what was left for the next administration to deal with. And it took its toll.

The popular phrase was, "Bush took the wheel and drove the car right off the road." And the truth of the matter is, obama did nothing to get the car back on the road again, but he did put some nice shiny rims with spinners and whislter tail pipes and a banging stereo in it, and the price paid by taxpayers has never been so high. The car is stuck in the mud now, all the tires are flat, and no one seems to know how to use a jack. But, the wheels are shiny and the stereo is banging, so everything must be ok.

obama is facing the wrong direction in the drivers seat, hillary is erasing the nav system hard drive, pelosi cant find the keys, bill cant help with anything that doesnt involve the back seat, and biden was trying to google the word "car" to find out what he was trapped in but got distracted by something shiny and hasnt been heard from since.

The good news is if the car ever moves and someone gets hurt, they will have great healthcare with their own policy and their own doctor which they got to keep thanks to obamacare. Unless you are a veteran. Then you are pretty much screwed either way.

Yeah, we are much better off now...

(post by lakesidepark removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Lol blinders on...

I'm no fan of Obama but I don't waste my time making hit piece threads about him backed by the MEMRI TV & 3 unknown clowns (who may have been talking about someone other than Obama).

Talk about blinders on...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

(Ahem) Clinton actually built the US economy quite well, especially as he inherited a recession from GHWB. He also put the US economy on the path to a budget surplus. You want to see economic stupidity? Go and look at Dubya. He blew that projected surplus on two wars, one of which was based on a stack of lies so high that you can see the Alps from Manhattan on it, he put in place a set of tax cuts that only really benefitted corporations and very rich people, his job creation numbers were deeply crummy and then he signed off on TARP. That 15% increase in the debt that blame on Obama? That was TARP. Ironically TARP had to be signed because otherwise the US economy would have fallen into the kind of abyss that still makes economists go pale need a toilet fast. And it wouldn't have been as bad if only Bush had had a clue about decent regulation for the financial industry and not listened to the cretins who witter on about the invisible hand of the market. Dubya was not the best person for the job. Where will history place Dubya? It's too early to say. But it sure as hell will probably be in the lower third of the list, if not lower.
And by the way, stop saying 'king Obama'. You could say the same thing of every damn President. And the man who dealt with the depression from hell, who finally got a decent(ish) form of healthcare in place, who didn't screw up a major hurricane hitting a major US city and who repealed DADT isn't doing at all badly in my book.
And yes, I am a Liberal. You know why? I care about other people. And it's not a term of derision. It's a badge of damn honour.

Um...no.

I remember recent history quite well. clinton inherited a healthy economy. In the last six months of his administration he was making drastic cuts in spending to limit the damages of his administrations failed economic policies. Unfortunately, that is what was left for the next administration to deal with. And it took its toll.

The popular phrase was, "Bush took the wheel and drove the car right off the road." And the truth of the matter is, obama did nothing to get the car back on the road again, but he did put some nice shiny rims with spinners and whislter tail pipes and a banging stereo in it, and the price paid by taxpayers has never been so high. The car is stuck in the mud now, all the tires are flat, and no one seems to know how to use a jack. But, the wheels are shiny and the stereo is banging, so everything must be ok.

obama is facing the wrong direction in the drivers seat, hillary is erasing the nav system hard drive, pelosi cant find the keys, bill cant help with anything that doesnt involve the back seat, and biden was trying to google the word "car" to find out what he was trapped in but got distracted by something shiny and hasnt been heard from since.

The good news is if the car ever moves and someone gets hurt, they will have great healthcare with their own policy and their own doctor which they got to keep thanks to obamacare. Unless you are a veteran. Then you are pretty much screwed either way.

Yeah, we are much better off now...

The US was in what was called the 'jobless recovery' when Bush lost to Clinton, so strictly speaking you're correct. However, unemployment was still rising until June 1992. Then it fell.
The rest of your post is some kind of metaphor about a car that fails to address any of the points I made about Dubya. Hmmm. Telling.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Let's talk about crap that's repeated ad nauseam:

"King Obama" "King Obama" "King Obama" "Obama hates America" "Obama the Kenyan" "Obama the Muslim" "Obama hates America" "King Obama" "King Obama"

Obama supporters were saying "Yes we can" for a matter of months — 7 years ago — and you've been saying the above for 7 years since?

king obama has yet, after seven years, to pass a balanced budget plan, yet he can blame Bush for the current economy at the drop of a hat...any hat.

Under king obama national debt increased 15% more in only his first term than it did during the entire 8 year GWB administration. Clinton didn't create a great economy. He inherited one from Reagan and Bush. It was the clinton administrations failed economic policies that led to later downturns.

There were no balanced budgets under Reagan or either Bush either let alone surpluses. Reagan cut taxes (Bush 41 lied about "no new taxes") and increased spending (Reagan lied about reducing the size of government like every other recent Republican) and by any measure other than non-adjusted dollars (read: raw dollar amount) Reagan was the "king" of debt increase. Just look at percentage increase or even better, GDP to debt ratio. Speaking of GDP, the annual percentage growth in GDP ranking goes in this order: Clinton, Reagan, Obama, Bush 41, Bush 43. How about something like change in median family income by President? Ranking: Clinton, Reagan, Bush 43, Obama, Bush 41.

By practically any commonly cited measure, the Clinton years were the best and the Bush years were worse than the Obama years. Here's the reality: considering Presidents going back to JFK anyway, the economy has performed better under Democrats, it's well established and researched. But why? The conclusion of a forensic analysis by Princeton economists was actually that it had less to do with either party's policy and far more to do with luck. (see Binder and Watson)

At BEST you're claim about Obama "destroying the economy" is misguided hyperbole and at worst, it's an outright lie.

Yes, middle America got their s**t riled before king obama took office. Its not because we are racist, its because we knew this was going to happen. You don't elect a world leader because its "time for a black president". You don't elect a world leaders because its "time for a woman president". Skin color and gender are not a basis for election to the highest off ice the land. Conservatives seem to understand that fairly simple piece of logic. You elect the best person for the job, regardless of who it is. Its ok to vote for a black man. Its to vote for a woman. But that should be incidental to the vote, not the main reason.

So the popularity of birtherism stemmed from clairvoyance and not because 'he's a Kenyan Muslim Manchurian Candidate created by the Muslim Brotherhood!?' Funny how this crystal ball was completely opaque when Bush 43 was elected TWICE. What were his qualifications again? His last name?

Yea, conservatives vote for the best person for the job.

Trump is a bloviating attention whore with no depth. His appeal seems to largely be that "he's an outsider!" who will appeal to any baser instinct or prejudice (he's also gonna build a database and close down mosques because who actually cares about privacy or religious freedom). What about Carson? He's even less qualified and more of a wingnut.

Get your s**t together liberals, and maybe, just maybe, we can scrape enough votes together to get the right person into office for a change.

Can you see the relevance of the thread yet...? Or are you still wearing the "attack the republicans" goggles?

If you were honestly concerned about the 'world laughing at us' than maybe you should take a look at how the rest of the world views the current GOP front runners. The top two are two of the three biggest clowns in the running (the third being Ted Cruz).

Who here is really wearing partisan blinders?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Looks like you would have had just enough time to edit your OP when you found out it was fake, guess you couldn't be bothered. Might as well leave the misleading OP up I guess.

I have read the comments, one thing I haven't noticed was any other source about the worlds opinion of him. Just more of your opinion on what the world thinks.
www.pewresearch.org...

Bush existed, he was the president before Obama, we HAVE to discuss him.
He handed over a damn near depression and two wars, of course the debt increased. Bush rang up all the cost and then handed Barry the bill.

Obama hasn't been great by any means, but hardly worse then Bush.
edit on stSat, 21 Nov 2015 14:27:10 -0600America/Chicago1120151080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Perhaps you were transported here from an alternate reality?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Not an alternate reality. I just interpret the real one correctly.

Your graphic shows exactly what I said. The economy was beginning to improve prior to clinton. That upward trend is what clinton "inherited". You know, inherited... the obama theme song... And in clinton's first term you see the effects of his predecessors successful financial policies in full effect. Then in clinton's second term you begin to see the effects of his own failed economic policies. And by the end of his second term, as your graphic clearly shows, the economy was trending downward just about to go negative. If it were not for the drastic cuts in spending clinton made in the last six months of his second term the economy would have gone negative before he left office. That downward trend is what Bush inherited. Bush turned it around and things were beginning to trend upward again. That is what obama inherited. An economy that was in debt but trending up. obama promptly added 15% more debt just in his first term than Bush did in his entire administration.

obama has repeated the word "inherited" for seven years now. And the whole time liberals defended him by saying the same thing. Even after seven years in office he still cant take responsibility for the economy during his administration. He still says its Bush's fault.

Fine. If the previous administration has that much effect on the next then it must be true for everyone. So the good clinton economy was inherited. Just like the sinking Bush economy was inherited. And obama, according to your graphic, inherited an economy that was on an upswing. obama stopped the upswing and then took us farther into debt than we have ever been before.

Look at the graphic. The trends are right there in front of you. clinton inherited an economy trending up. After 8 years it was nearly negative. Bush inherited an economy trending down. After 8 years it was trending up. obama inherited an economy trending up, and turned it into a rock tied to an anchor.

"Inherited" works for everyone. Not just liberals.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Not an alternate reality. I just interpret the real one correctly.

Your graphic shows exactly what I said. The economy was beginning to improve prior to clinton. That upward trend is what clinton "inherited". You know, inherited... the obama theme song... And in clinton's first term you see the effects of his predecessors successful financial policies in full effect. Then in clinton's second term you begin to see the effects of his own failed economic policies. And by the end of his second term, as your graphic clearly shows, the economy was trending downward just about to go negative. If it were not for the drastic cuts in spending clinton made in the last six months of his second term the economy would have gone negative before he left office. That downward trend is what Bush inherited. Bush turned it around and things were beginning to trend upward again. That is what obama inherited. An economy that was in debt but trending up. obama promptly added 15% more debt just in his first term than Bush did in his entire administration.

obama has repeated the word "inherited" for seven years now. And the whole time liberals defended him by saying the same thing. Even after seven years in office he still cant take responsibility for the economy during his administration. He still says its Bush's fault.

Fine. If the previous administration has that much effect on the next then it must be true for everyone. So the good clinton economy was inherited. Just like the sinking Bush economy was inherited. And obama, according to your graphic, inherited an economy that was on an upswing. obama stopped the upswing and then took us farther into debt than we have ever been before.

Look at the graphic. The trends are right there in front of you. clinton inherited an economy trending up. After 8 years it was nearly negative. Bush inherited an economy trending down. After 8 years it was trending up. obama inherited an economy trending up, and turned it into a rock tied to an anchor.

"Inherited" works for everyone. Not just liberals.

Can I please ask you to turn your hate-level down a bit, the screeching is a bit annoying. Now. Some facts. Government policy does not always dictate what is happening in the economic world. More often than not it is driven by what is happening in said world. Clinton strove for balanced budgets and as you can see he by and large succeeded. GHWB was basically going off Reaganomics, which largely didn't work, except in the field of bankrupting the USSR via a spending war that they just couldn't afford. Clinton by the way did the unthinkable for the GOP and invested in infrastructure. It works.
Let's go back to the chart. See that huge drop in 2001-2002? That's the tax cuts plus the war in Afghanistan, which Dubya stuck on the credit card. Same in 2003, when there's the impact of the insanity that was Iraq, which will go down in history as the biggest foreign policy mistake since the Suez Crisis and which was also stuck on the credit card.
Let's now get to the bit that you are glossing over and ignoring - and I shall keep coming back and reminding you about this. TARP. Remember that? It's the massive bank bailout organised by Hank Paulson and signed into law by the then President Dubya when he was the lamest of lame ducks. Bush authorised it. Bush paid for it. Obama agreed to it, because it was that or nothing as far as the economy went, but it was Dubya's baby. That happened in the last months of 2008. The impact on the debt showed up the next year. So you can't blame Obama for it. You can't.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: lakesidepark

Translation: He's a sooper seekrit mus'lim terrorist!

I'm really starting to worry about this site. Hell, I'm starting to worry about the entire USA.

My response was considered 'political trolling and baiting'.

And this isn't?

I likewise am beginning to worry about this site. And the entire USA. When leftist trolling is condoned, and any dissenting opinions are silenced, here and in the larger MSM context, we are in trouble.

Other countries see it for what it is. A JOKE.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark

a reply to: lakesidepark

Translation: He's a sooper seekrit mus'lim terrorist!

I'm really starting to worry about this site. Hell, I'm starting to worry about the entire USA.

My response was considered 'political trolling and baiting'.

And this isn't?

I likewise am beginning to worry about this site. And the entire USA. When leftist trolling is condoned, and any dissenting opinions are silenced, here and in the larger MSM context, we are in trouble.

Other countries see it for what it is. A JOKE.

Your words were, frankly, disgusting. And yes, I am worried about the USA. That's not trolling, that's concern, especially as my wife is a US citizen. The amount of deranged hatred for Obama is revolting. "He's a terrorist!" (Not true.) "He's a Muslim!"! (Not true) "He's a Communist!" (Massively not true)
What next?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join