It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton calls for US to 'intensify’ fight against Daesh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Democratic US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton says containing Daesh (ISIL) is not enough and that the United States should lead a fight to defeat the terrorist network. that the United States should lead a fight to defeat the terrorist network.
In a major foreign policy speech on Thursday, Clinton distanced herself from President Barack Obama’s strategy for defeating Daesh and called for greater use of American ground troops against the Takfiri group in the wake of the Paris attacks.
Clinton told the Council on Foreign Relations in New York she would intensify the fight against Daesh if she is elected president next year.
She called on the Republican-controlled Congress to approve the use of ground troops against ISIL, emphasizing that doing so would signal "that the US is committed to this fight. The time for delay is over. We should get this done."

Is Obama going to change?

Clinton said it’s time for the US-led coalition to broaden its efforts to smash the so-called ISIL caliphate.“The United States has been conducting this fight for more than a year; it’s time to be begin a new phase and intensify and broaden our efforts."“We should have no illusions about how difficult the mission before us really is … but if we press forward on both sides of the border, in the air on the ground and as well as diplomatically, I do believe we can crush ISIS’s enclave of terror,” she added.
www.presstv.ir...

Hillary has to distance herself from Obama or she might lose the election if the ISIS attacks get worse and if their let alone they certainly will.

Hillary of course has to keep her liberal dogmatic antiwar people in the Democratic party on her side as well placate the common sense democrats who don't just reject war based on platitudinous dogma in the face of the barbarism of ISIS.

It will be interesting to see what Obama does and says about this.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

They both say the same things, in general. No matter what she says, a large amount of people that voted for Obama will vote for Clinton. The rest for Sanders. I don't see many Democrats leaning toward the Republican circus. Sanders says something similar in fighting ISIS, to make a strong coalition force and to also enlist Iran and Russia in such a group.

No matter what each says about attacking ISIS, it won't effect who votes for who.

edit on 19-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Hillary has to distance herself from Obama or she might lose the election if the ISIS attacks get worse and if their let alone they certainly will.

Hillary of course has to keep her liberal dogmatic antiwar people in the Democratic party on her side as well placate the common sense democrats who don't just reject war based on platitudinous dogma in the face of the barbarism of ISIS.

It will be interesting to see what Obama does and says about this.

Surely Hilary is just trying to recover from the emails, but it has to be a pro-war rattling...There we have it folks, the beast with multiple heads spewing for intensified war in Syria.

Good catch WillTell, the more we read into this, the more it confirms the idea that they are just puppets attached to the same string. SnF

Peace
edit on 19-11-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: Oops meant Syria not Russia

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

My two cents...

She has a huge set of brass balls to say just about anything (including but not limited to that she wants to work in the Oval Office). As Secretary of State she had a HUGE part in where we find ourselves now. How did that Arab Spring go? She screwed around in Egypt. Played nice-nice with the Muslim Brotherhood. The Benghazi debacle (including the bold faced lies). Again, she has some nerve doing anything beyond going off the radar and managing that gang in the Clinton Foundation.

Yes, I heard her little speech today and coming from someone else, I might actually believe the words were sincere.

Edit to add: Yes, she is saying this, in my opinion EXCLUSIVELY, to try and separate herself from her old boss.

Edit (again) to add: She also pulled one of her old tricks out of the bag again. When asked if Obama was mistaken when he referred to ISIS as a "JV Team" she said, "I don’t think it’s useful to go back and re-plow old ground".... or in Benghazi language... What difference, at this point, does it make.

A tactic a 5 year old may use. Screw up...wait a short while... then say "the past is the past." That just doesn't cut it in my book.

edit on 19-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just imagine when she gets into the white house…

"I came, I saw, everyone died!" (insert cackling laughter)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh dear Lord. You're right.

And that cackle. THAT CACKLE!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Just imagine when she gets into the white house…

"I came, I saw, everyone died!" (insert cackling laughter)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Anything is better than Obama's do nothing non intensity fight against this abnormal evil of ISIS.

In the annals of history Obama will be worst that a Neville Chamberlain. Obama is almost as guilty as ISIS for his neglect and lack of intense feeling of the absolute evil of ISIS.

Obama just doesn’t see, he’s blind

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Anything is better than Obama's do nothing non intensity fight against this abnormal evil of ISIS.

In the annals of history Obama will be worst that a Neville Chamberlain. Obama is almost as guilty as ISIS for his neglect and lack of intense feeling of the absolute evil of ISIS.

Obama just doesn’t see, he’s blind

www.activistpost.com...

top topics

join