It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More public spending cuts looming but Cameron gets a plane ... Nice !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Camforce One perhaps.
To be fair it's not just for Dave but his front bench mates too and the cash strapped royals so Andrew can stop racking up those embarrassing travel expense claims.
So we all suffer more service cuts and the millionaires and old school tie brigade get to jolly it up on their own plane , paid for by US !
Yes I know they say it will save money and the plane is duel use but talk about rubbing the brown stuff in our faeces , sorry , faces

British Prime Minister David Cameron and his senior ministers are to get their own airplane for official trips at a cost of around 10 million pounds ($15 million), the government announced on Thursday, just days before the announcement of a new round of public spending cuts.

While many world leaders have their own jets, Cameron either uses a small military plane for short journeys or travels on chartered commercial flights for long-haul trips - posing security and communications problems.

A government spokeswoman said a military air-to-air refuelling airplane would be refitted for the role, for around 10 million pounds.
uk.reuters.com...

Shame he's off in four years ... sorry did I say shame

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

i'm going to see my mp's tomorrow this is disgusting we have homeless girls on the street here,
and this jumped up rich pillock wants a 10 million pound jet ,i so feel like swearing...####other###ker
i would hope all ats user's in the uk will do the same.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Actually this will save money.

Its a refurbish RAF cast off they are useing.

In the long term in will save money as theyw ont have to go through the hassel of charting private aircraft.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

That cost of ten million, is that just for the plain?
What about the security costs, by that I mean keeping the plane secure while not in use?

Who was the bloke who said "Get on yer bikes"? Was it Tebbit? I cant remember, but when are they gonna practice what they preach, on yer bike Camoron!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

i have to disagree with you with the cuts to the police as well i might just ask the police to moan at the mp's as well this is sick dude

is this plane really so he can run away when the going gets tough....
edit on 19-11-2015 by stuthealien because: going gets tough

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Cheaper than a G-5.
www.gulfstream.com...

D-CAM and his crew.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
a reply to: crazyewok

i have to disagree with you with the cuts to the police as well i might just ask the police to moan at the mp's as well this is sick dude

Thing you got to remeber is when goverments plan out the budget its in the long term.

The idea with this plan is that although its a short term expeniture, in the long term it will actually cut money.

10 million is nothing as far as goverment spending is concerned and would be to them a good out lay if it saves money after a decade.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well, to be fair, it is cheaper to use the RAF than hire charter an airliner. When not in use it is a tanker, or transport.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Good grief he's the leader of one of the greatest countries in the world. Let him have a plane for crying out loud.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Good grief he's the leader of one of the greatest countries in the world. Let him have a plane for crying out loud.

It costs $1b to run the Air force One service.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
how come he did not need this last year or the year before,and with the cuts he has made to this country he can not justify this.

with the recent events its quite clear this is a bug out plane because he is a spineless coward and a possible bedwetter.
shame on you cameron homeless girls ,terrorist threats and you want a bug out plane you little girly cameron...
edit on 19-11-2015 by stuthealien because: a

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: angeldoll

It costs $1b to run the Air force One service.

You all know our countries can turn up money when they want to. Apparently there is always money to be had. They have a money tree in the Rose Garden.

I don't like the thought of Cameron in a commercial airliner, and of course he won't get to keep it when he leaves.

But dang that's a lot of money. They do a lot of work on that plane though. State of the art computers and communications. Since it's so expensive to operate, I guess I won't ask to go for a ride.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Probably stood your best chance of that ride when Bill C was President.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No.
Cameron wrote a letter of complaint to his local council leader over cuts to local services , cuts his government implemented and now he wants to splash public money on a private plane while police officers , nurses and teachers are loosing their jobs.
The armed forces are being cut to the bone at a time where we need a strong military and we're snuggling up to the Chinese because we want their money , they will be building and running our new nuclear power stations , we were one of the greatest countries in the world but decades of mismanagement of consigned that claim to history.

There are more public service cuts on the way to be announced soon so while we all feel the pain Cameron and his mates can fly luxury class at our expense , out of touch with the reality of real peoples life ?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
10 million pounds, pfft. In the 90's we shelled out 330 million a piece for 2 of our Chief's jets...Perhaps your old boy should conduct his country's business from a Piper Cub? There's not much respect to be had in that.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: additional thoughts arose.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

we were one of the greatest countries in the world but decades of mismanagement of consigned that claim to history.

I'm sure you meant to say "centuries." It also didn't help that your King had to feel the pain of a "yankee scums" boot.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I'm sure you meant to say "centuries."

No , I meant what I said ,decades.
We were still great when we stood up against the fascist threat sweeping Europe in WW2 , a fight the US had no interest in until they were dragged into it by the Japanese.

In the 90's we shelled out 330 million a piece for 2 of our Chief's jets

You have a larger GDP than we do so it's all relative , the money isn't the main issue it's the message it sends in this time of austerity.

new topics

top topics

join