It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Muslim Problem: Tyranny in the Making

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have generally stayed out of all the Muslim threads. I walk a fine line because I understand the demographics, politics, and religious tenets and traditions that have brought about the heavily Conservative Islamic world. It is very easy to draw a straight line from Islamic Conservatism to Islamic Extremism. This has been shown in poll after poll. The cultural differences that exist between Western Muslims and Middle Eastern Muslims are just as pronounced as the ground is from the sky. The Islamic Conservative is the majority of the Middle Eastern world and it is up to you to understand the difference in culture, and what is acceptable and not acceptable when it comes to terrorism and violence within Political Islam.

THAT SAID:

I have deployed to combat in an Islamic country that suffered from the Conservative Islamic extremism that we see regardless of Sect. I have seen first hand who the real victims are of this terrorism. I have been on various rescue mission to recover Afghan civilians and soldiers who were wounded by the Taliban and their foreign compatriots. I have also had the pleasure to interact with Afghan civilians and soldiers. Back home I have Muslims who serve in my formation and they are excellent soldiers. In my home town I have a lot of Iranian and Syrian friends who attend the Truckee Islamic Center. They are good people who care about the community and are actively involved.

I am an ardent critic of Islam...and Christianity, and Judaism, and just about every religion that wants to put my soul in a box and tell me their way is the only way to a God none of us could possibly understand.

My experience, my research, Muslims here on ATS, and my own friends have proven to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that peaceful Muslims exist. The notion that they should apologize to bigots for every act of terrorism committed in the name of their shared religion is disgusting to me. It is repugnant to my sense of individualism, and what is proposed for dealing with "The Muslim Problem" is so disgusting and antithetical to who we are as a nation.

For this American F'ing Soldier, whose heritage as a warrior goes back to the First World War, and immortalized in the Second World War, who fought against the Tyranny that brought us the atrocities against hundreds of millions of people, I find you offensive. I find you to be source of tyranny.

Don't make me your enemy. I will fight you. You will not lead innocent people to camps, put them on trains, deport them for practicing their Constitutionally protected religion. I will pick up my Constitutionally protected arms and I will destroy you if you cross that line. Do not turn our nation into the evil we once fought. There will be no forgiveness from God for sins so profane.

You have been warned.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I applaud you good sir! Thank you for your thread, it's very much needed right here, right now.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Wow, well said! S&F

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I just think it is possible to honestly identify the problems we are facing with the Islamic world without being a bunch of nazi bigots about it.

Yes, WE ARE going to have to kill some MF'ers. But that is the nature of warfare against terrorism. But we don't need to be lumping everyone into that category over a shared religion. If that were the case then all Christians are abortion clinic bombers, and all Christians believe what McVey believed, and all Jews hate Palestinians, and so forth and so on.

I don't believe there has been ANY effort to understand what it is we're fighting, who it is we should be targeting, and WHY.
edit on -06:00Thu, 19 Nov 2015 17:48:43 -0600201519America/Chicago2015-11-19T17:48:43-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

yup...

I can back that...

S&F

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

My experience, my research, Muslims here on ATS, and my own friends have proven to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that peaceful Muslims exist. The notion that they should apologize to bigots for every act of terrorism committed in the name of their shared religion is disgusting to me. It is repugnant to my sense of individualism, and what is proposed for dealing with "The Muslim Problem" is so disgusting and antithetical to who we are as a nation.

You my friend, are a voice of reason that I wish drives a wedge between those that are tolerant and those who are not. The propaganda has been working on both sides and serving as an example to our Muslim brothers and sisters puts you above the ignorance that you seek to destroy. Thank you for your service. S+F.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I'm tired of the Muslim/anti-Muslim crap.

I won't walk the fine line.

Islam in the Middle East has major problems that liberals need to stop ignoring because they don't wanna sound like bigots. Enough is enough.

Conservatives need to stop equating terrorism with Muslims as if they are synonymous. They are NOT. The propositions from members here and dickheads like Donald Trump are borderline Third Reich.

Lets stop being childish about this and come together and maybe come up with some solutions instead of throwing ideology at it like a bunch of idiots. More dogma and kneejerk reactions won't solve this and neither will blind acceptance of Political Conservative Islamic cultural norms that ARE NOT compatible with Western Civilization.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Soldiers like you need to be the standard. When I saw veterans showing up to help defend the protesters during OWS, I thought "Huh... they are fulfilling their oath, I'll be damned".

Our constitution is shared by all. I may not agree with all of it but as long as it is in place, I believe it should apply to everybody equally. We've broken this promise to America before with the Japanese-Americans in WW2 and to many others in our history and we've always used fear as an excuse to subjugate our own.

Thank you for being willing to defend the equal application of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I just want Americans to act like the Americans my service is supposed to represent.

We are not tyrants. We are those who free people from tyrants. We need to either fill that role, or back away from the world and mind our own business.
edit on -06:00Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:12:38 -0600201519America/Chicago2015-11-19T19:12:38-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

(post by visitedbythem removed for a manners violation)
(post by visitedbythem removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I'm sorry to hear about your family members.

The Taliban killed members of my unit who were very close friends.

Arrowsmith 35

I'm only talking about this now because I am leaving the army in a couple of days. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. It haunts my thoughts every god damned day.

But I refuse to have my heart filled with hatred.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So you claim to be an ardent critic of islam but anybody else who is critical is a tyrant who you are prepared to commit violence against?

Seems very hypocritical to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

My issue has always been the way we're "fighting" terrorism.

I too, am familiar with the mindset and we are authoring our own demise with the actions the US policy is enacting.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
So you claim to be an ardent critic of islam but anybody else who is critical is a tyrant who you are prepared to commit violence against?

Seems very hypocritical to me.

I have read thread after thread with fantastically stupid ideas of what to do about Muslims.

Like deporting all Muslims, keeping tabs on the ones who are citizens, shutting down mosques, outlawing Islam, assholes like Trump suggesting that muslims should have special IDs.

This is the kind of liberty crushing crap I was talking about. We can criticize a religion without resorting to these kinds of crimes against the rights of individuals just for practicing their beliefs, the majority of which are peaceful and NOT Islamic Political Conservatives.

I suggest you read up on the points I made in the original post. It might enlighten you on why I have decided to take this position.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

edit on 11/19/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Afghanistan was nothing like Vietnam.

I'm sorry but that parallel cannot be drawn.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: angeldoll

Afghanistan was nothing like Vietnam.

I'm sorry but that parallel cannot be drawn.

Of course not.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Islam in the Middle East has major problems that liberals need to stop ignoring because they don't wanna sound like bigots. Enough is enough.

Wait a minute. What you just said there is the main reason bigotry is on the rise. Yes Islam has major problems in the ME and it's the easy going fear nothing Liberals flouting legitimate reform. Everything going on now with the polarization of people is because of this. If one side leans too much to the left, the other side leans more to the right. Like sitting in a boat. The fact you said they don't want to sound like bigots is bang on but this would suggest that there is indeed things we can't talk about even though they need to be discussed.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I will talk about those issues without fear of the liberal PC police.

But I will not be party to the bigotry against innocent Muslims that has taken a grip on this nation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join