It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if your wife was Sexually Assaulted by a Cop ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
What would you do if your wife was sexually assaulted by a Police Officer?

Picture the scene.

Your wife is at home spoon feeding your 18 month old child, when a male Police Officer enters the property unannounced.
After a short conversation the officer then tries to force himself onto your wife, trying to kiss her and groping her breast in the process.

Your wife reacts by shoving the officer away and telling him in no uncertain terms to leave the house immediately, which he does.

She then calls your cellphone, crying and sobbing to tell you what just happened whilst you were at work.

What would you do?

What would you expect the Police to do?

And a final question.

Would the action you try to take change if YOU yourself was a Cop and the offending officer was a member of your team?

Would your response be any different before I elaborate further?
edit on 19-11-2015 by studio500 because: layout

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wasn't this sort of explored in that movie where the guy has to watch a cop feeling up his missus during a traffic stop?

To your questions:

Call the Police and notify them a crime has occurred
Call the Police watchdog/Police commissioner and report the incident
Call the local newspaper and set up a meeting with a journalist

I would expect the police to protect their own as much as is possible

I don't know whether my response will be different after you elaborate but if I were a Cop: I would have enough problems without having a trainee rapist working along side me.

edit on 19-11-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: studio500

There are some things, as a man, you don't go to the cops to solve. Wait till he's out of uniform, without a dozen of his buddies to back him up and stomp his ass. If I were a member of my team, I would take him to her house, along with the rest of the squad to make sure they saw what a piece of sh** he is, he would apologize to the woman and I'd do everything in my power to make sure he loses his job.

Investigate, take the word of the officer over anyone else, even if he had a string of complaints of the same type and clear the officer of any wrong doing

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I would sue the cop into Stone Age

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
LOL good luck on beating the cop up....
When he wakes up, who do you think he and his 20 friends are coming for at 4:30 a.m. under lawful sanction?

Unless you are willing to go the whole hog (pardon the pun) and end up in prison for the rest of your life - all lawful avenues should be exhausted before making an enemy out of the police

edit on 19-11-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LastInLine1

I would sue the cop into Stone Age

If he was in uniform then the city would probably be held responsible.
His cell phone would show he was in the area at the time, by pinging towers.

Sue baby, Sue the city and the force and the officer.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

When he wakes up?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
Wasn't this sort of explored in that movie where the guy has to watch a cop feeling up his missus during a traffic stop?

It was "Crash" en.wikipedia.org...

(post by TrueBrit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
What if scenarios are so annoying, but if you suspect your wife was sexually assaulted it doesn't matter by who. You hire a lawyer, file criminal charges, and hope you have physical evidence or that your side wins the he said/she said argument that it typically turns into.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

There are some things, as a man, you don't go to the cops to solve. Wait till he's out of uniform, without a dozen of his buddies to back him up and stomp his ass. If I were a member of my team, I would take him to her house, along with the rest of the squad to make sure they saw what a piece of sh** he is, he would apologize to the woman and I'd do everything in my power to make sure he loses his job.

Investigate, take the word of the officer over anyone else, even if he had a string of complaints of the same type and clear the officer of any wrong doing

Yeah.. THAT'S a smart move...

A cop is a cop in uniform and out. It doesn't matter if he's wearing the badge or not, all laws still apply. The same charges will be pressed against you if he was in uniform or out of uniform.

So, you're either asking for:

A. A death wish
B. Hard prison time
C. A serious beating and either A or B

Best thing that should be done, report it. If it's a local PD, report it to the SO. If it's an SO, report it to the PD or State. If nothing gets done, report it to the attorney general's office. You have the right to press charges and take it to court. The longer you wait, the more likely you are getting it swept under a rug and the less change you have of winning the case.

I would also contact social and local media about it. Once people start to get wind of it, it'll be really hard to hide by the PD.

Personally... I'd hunt him down and do my worst. My temper would get the better of me. I can plead temp insanity later

edit on 19-11-2015 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I'd be out around 300m going 'pew, pew'.

I may not get him on the first try, but I'm a tenacious SOB.

...or wait 6 months and burn his house down at 0200hrs...
edit on 19-11-2015 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Personally... I'd hunt him down and do my worst. My temper would get the better of me. I can plead temp insanity later

Maybe you could have plead temporary insanity later... if you hadn't already announced your intention to here.

Anyone remember the Hitchhiker's Guide Future-past verb tenses? "I willan to have been out of my mind at the time."

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrikeyMagnet

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Maybe you could have plead temporary insanity later... if you hadn't already announced your intention to here.

Anyone remember the Hitchhiker's Guide Future-past verb tenses? "I willan to have been out of my mind at the time."

No way.. I was simply putting myself in that scenario at the time. When I came out of it, I understood that I would have been bat$#!* crazy during the moment I had already lived it in my head.

Wait... does that mean I'm entitled to sue as well? I mean.. I did just live the scenario in my head moments ago. I suffer! I sue!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sorry everyone, I had just made a pretty long and full reply outlining everything but as I pressed send, I lost my connection and the entire post I had written, including individual replies.

In short for the moment, It was my wife and despite my complaints to my superiors, nothing happened apart from the officer being moved to another station straight away and me losing my wife and the door to opportunities of further promotion and training courses shut firmly in face.

To this day, I fight with the thoughts of should have, would have, could have and what more could I have done. The feelings of guilt and anger still rage through my veins.

But in the mind of other officers, I broke the golden rule of never complaining about a fellow officer and as a result things just got so much worse after this event.

What I witnessed officers doing during my service was outrageous and in many many cases unlawful.

I saw beatings, theft, racial harassment, and even a detective engaging in sexual acts with a minor. I myself was kneed in the face by a superior and found Dog Crap smeared all over my car because I chose to stand up against the establishment.

I am now retired but the hatred I hold toward a Service that was supposed to protect others failed in every aspect toward its own employees. Stonewalled, is perhaps the best description but the pain still eats away like a cancer in the mind.

I'm not looking for sympathy as I'm well past that stage but I do want you to know what can really go on behind that thin blue line.

(odd but I was just about to press submit once again and I see my connection has been lost once again which never happens on my broadband service. I hope this is not a bad omen
)
edit on 19-11-2015 by studio500 because: text

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What? Not enough threads on 'bad cops' lately, so you invented one to fantasize about what awful things one might do to them?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
thats why you keep cameras in your home to document said activities. today you cant get by with your word alone if you are trying to build a case against someone.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So you lost your wife, you career, you have been mentally scared by this piece of #### for years and years and the only thing you've ever done about it is ask advice of what others would have done decades after the event....???

Caitlyn Marie Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner has a spare pair up for grabs if you were born without a set.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
What? Not enough threads on 'bad cops' lately, so you invented one to fantasize about what awful things one might do to them?

Thats pretty funny ccoming right after his explanation.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

No, this is fact not fiction but no offence taken.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join