It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Storms The World Stage And Rips Republicans For Being Afraid Of The Media and Orphans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: queenofswords

Did you know that I don't care about any of that? I'm not going to let people tell me to be afraid of Muslims. Especially refugees. Hey, btw, did you know that all the terrorists in Paris have all been linked to being locals and NOT refugees?

Yes we're perfectly well aware that the liberal left operate on "feelings" instead of logic and what's infront of your face

Regardless of the issues other countries are having w the influx of refugees, for some unfathomable reason, the left thinks the U.S. is immune from the same issues

This is madness, but that's ok , once again things will go south, just like every other policy this administration has undertaken where the "right" has screamed " this isn't what you think, this will not turn out well". The left will barrel headlong into another disaster disregarding our plea to stop, and think....

And once again we will have to try and dig out of the aftermath

Cloward and piven, overwhelm the system. Just as planned

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

a reply to: SlapMonkey

Ted Cruz Last Year: We Should Welcome Syrian Refugees, And We Can Do It Safely

It's interesting how our politicians were saying it was fine to take the refugees in as recently as last year, yet now they are all terrorists and we should quarantine them off like animals.

Yeah. I think the Paris attack has opened a lot of eyes and caused a lot of us to rethink this whole refugee problem, not just here in our country, but all across Europe.

Did you know that Tsarnaev, the Boston bomber, was a ten-year old refugee when he came into this country? Did you know that videos have been found with terrorists "training" small children in the art of hating the west, even training kids as young as five on how to use automatic weapons. Sleeper cells can sit dormant for years, then when the time is ripe, they are activated. They're already here and have been for years.

Yeah, kinda makes you wonder why we ever let another Christian immigrate to America after the KKK launched their attacks on innocent people right here at home.

Remind me again, how many Syrian refugees were among those who carried out the Paris attacks?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Citing "Boston strong" was a poor choice since everyone was told to shelter in place while police and military went door to door doing unconstitutional searches of private residences and businesses. Even with an army looking for Tsarnaev it took a civilian to get the job done.

Boston wha...?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Did you know that I don't care about any of that? I'm not going to let people tell me to be afraid of Muslims. Especially refugees. Hey, btw, did you know that all the terrorists in Paris have all been linked to being locals and NOT refugees?

Yes we're perfectly well aware that the liberal left operate on "feelings" instead of logic and what's infront of your face

You SHOULD be well aware that BOTH sides of the political aisle are guilty of this. Heck the entire narrative that terrorists are sneaking into refugee groups is fueled PURELY by emotion and feelings. You are being VERY hypocritical here. Heck, you end this very post with an appeal to emotion argument about Cloward/Piven to strike a fear cord in the readers.

Though I don't recall that post being about "feelings". In fact there is a link that posts FACTS that the terrorists in Paris weren't refugees.

Regardless of the issues other countries are having w the influx of refugees, for some unfathomable reason, the left thinks the U.S. is immune from the same issues

This is madness, but that's ok , once again things will go south, just like every other policy this administration has undertaken where the "right" has screamed " this isn't what you think, this will not turn out well". The left will barrel headlong into another disaster disregarding our plea to stop, and think....

Oh yea the right has ALWAYS been correct when it warned the left about impending disaster. Thanks I needed a good laugh.

Care to address the point about the terrorists not being refugees thus making the evidence that terrorists are sneaking into the west as refugees extremely shaky? Nah, you'd rather rant about liberals and all that. Emotional rhetoric indeed.

edit on 19-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The blindness of some are killing the western world. They may have European passports, but in their heart of hearts, they were NOT European. Their loyalty is elsewhere... Let those that have "eyes" to see and "ears" to hear understand what and who they really are. Their passport means squat.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Cool rationalization you got going there to continue to demonize the refugees. "The terrorists aren't REALLY European therefore the refugees are still evil!"

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, he was. Even if the possibility exists that they could come over with refugees--and that's a blatant possibility--then we should do what's best for the nation and stop their entry.

You may disagree, and that's fine, as this ridiculous administration in charge right now disagrees with my point of view, too.

I'm just more concerned about the general welfare of American citizens, that's all. If we stop the inflow of refugees and nothing happens, it can't be proven that something would have. But, if we bring in tens of thousands and just one half of one percent of them come with terroristic ill intent, then you can't take back what they might do.

As a father and a husband, the equation is simple: Taking the stance that will result in the safest outcome for my family is the one I will take...without issue.

ETA: Even if that danger is hypothetical at this point...but we saw what ME nationals with student visas could do, or refugees hanging out in Boston could do, or even ideologically driven military members at Fort Hood could do. I could continue ad nauseum, but I think you get my point.
edit on 19-11-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Cool rationalization you got going there to continue to demonize the refugees. "The terrorists aren't REALLY European therefore the refugees are still evil!"

Nobody is demonizing refugees. Sheesh!! What logical, reasonable, intelligent, thinking people are sayings is, "under the current situation across the west, perhaps it is best we put a moratorium on allowing refugees into our country".

Let the UN, who is pushing our leaders to take in more and more, build state-of-the-art safe refugee spaces in THEIR region of the world and work to resolve the problems in THEIR region of the world.

It is curious to me that Obama didn't give two squats about those same 3-yr. olds and women when he refused to help them after drawing his so-called line in the sand, but now, all of a sudden, his heart is bleeding. Pwew!! He is a tool....and I mean that literally....a tool of the UN. I wonder how much $$$ he is getting personally to push this on Americans?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Yes, he was. Even if the possibility exists that they could come over with refugees--and that's a blatant possibility--then we should do what's best for the nation and stop their entry.

Why? Can't we just vet the refugees to make sure they aren't terrorists? Oh wait we do. Here is a report from Rhode Island:
Refugee screening process explained

"They have to go through many layers of processing the security measures are very high,” said Baha Sadr the Director of Refugee Resettlement and Case Management at the Dorcas International Institute of Rhode Island. That’s an organization that works to bring in roughly 200 refugees to the state each year. "They have to go through many layers of processing the security measures are very high.”

The process which can be simplified into roughly 13 steps, begins by the UN High Commissioner for Refugees determining that a person meets the criteria to qualify as a refugee. From there, refugees must be referred to the U.S. Government where they go through what can be years of background checks and in depth interviews with the Department of Homeland Security.

"The process could take anywhere from a year and a half to four years to even more,” said Sadr.

You may disagree, and that's fine, as this ridiculous administration in charge right now disagrees with my point of view, too.

I'm just more concerned about the general welfare of American citizens, that's all. If we stop the inflow of refugees and nothing happens, it can't be proven that something would have. But, if we bring in tens of thousands and just one half of one percent of them come with terroristic ill intent, then you can't take back what they might do.

The general welfare of American citizens? You DO know that Muslim terrorism accounts for 2% of American terror attacks right?

As a father and a husband, the equation is simple: Taking the stance that will result in the safest outcome for my family is the one I will take...without issue.

You cannot have safety and freedom. I thought that was a well-known thing here on ATS?

ETA: Even if that danger is hypothetical at this point...but we saw what ME nationals with student visas could do, or refugees hanging out in Boston could do, or even ideologically driven military members at Fort Hood could do. I could continue ad nauseum, but I think you get my point.

We've seen what people of ALL ideologies can do if give the chance. Violent extremism isn't a Muslim only thing. Where there is a will to incite violence there is a way. Muslim is just the flavor of the month. You didn't even care about these refugees last month. Instead we were talking about Mexican immigrants.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Nobody is demonizing refugees. Sheesh!! What logical, reasonable, intelligent, thinking people are sayings is, "under the current situation across the west, perhaps it is best we put a moratorium on allowing refugees into our country".

Based on what reasons? Nothing substantial.

Let the UN, who is pushing our leaders to take in more and more, build state-of-the-art safe refugee spaces in THEIR region of the world and work to resolve the problems in THEIR region of the world.

So UN camps? Lol I thought you conservatives were against such things.

It is curious to me that Obama didn't give two squats about those same 3-yr. olds and women when he refused to help them after drawing his so-called line in the sand, but now, all of a sudden, his heart is bleeding. Pwew!! He is a tool....and I mean that literally....a tool of the UN. I wonder how much $$$ he is getting personally to push this on Americans?

It's curious to me that you didn't give two squats about them either a few weeks ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, but are we still turning away Haitian orphans and refugees as well?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Now this is funny..
So the reaction from the right has nothing to do with emotions of fear and ignorance?

That is all I have seen so far. I mean the US has allowed in thousands of refugees from the middle east since 9/11 and how many of those have attacked?

Th reaction of fear and ignorance is strong on that side. Fear of refugees that had nothing to do with the attacks in Paris. Ignorance to assume refugees are from terrorist groups.

So who is reacting logically, the left who doesn't make the assumption that the refugees are evil or you guys?
edit on 19-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Oh yeah if i get that post removed..I call foul. Because there are people in this thread saying basically the same thing about the left.

I bring it up because i have been getting my posts removed by Mods, and still see other posts allowed even though they are much worse in what they are saying about the left.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
I'm assuming, that you're speaking to the issue of continued drone strikes and/or occupation of middle east countries. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

You are not wrong.

But with regard to Obama's sentiments in the OP, I am not entertained by his ridiculous reframing of legitimate concerns.

We know that ISIS is spreading propaganda, and it consists, in part, of the idea that ISIS is not responsible for the refugee crisis:

Tamimi says one reason for this propaganda barrage is ISIS wants to get back into the media spotlight, but "they also want to counter the idea that they are responsible for the crisis."

Link

So, we have ISIS committing atrocities that refugees are rejecting and fleeing from, ISIS wants to counter that idea with propaganda, and they also want to bring terrorist attacks to nations accepting refugees.

Is it that big of a leap to wonder if ISIS (and *ahem* anyone else funding, arming, supporting, organizing them) didn't create the refugee crisis specifically FOR the purpose of bringing terror to the nations that take refugees in?

No, it's not unreasonable.

And there are people profiting from a growing War on Terror. They do have influence on world government. So when Obama chalks up legitimate concerns, like mine, as rightwing bigotry, I cannot help but be skeptical of his motives. He doesn't demonstrate any regard for the entire 'rightwing' -- or any other life. NOW I am supposed to believe he cares about widows and orphans?

Obama cares about human life about as much as Bush cared.

We will never see any kind of investigation into those profiting from the War on Terror -- the only evidence we have is motive and circumstance based on what is being gained: money and a new means to exploit for those hoping to bring the War on Terror to the very nations they openly threaten.

ISIS isn't gaining anything else by committing atrocities that cause refugees to flee them…so why would they continue down that path?

It's not unreasonable to be concerned with 'hidden' motives, because the circumstantial evidence -- which is all we have -- says that none of this is about convincing Syrians to embrace ISIS and it isn't about Obama having genuine concern for anyone's life.

edit on 19-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What logical, reasonable, intelligent, thinking people are sayings is, "under the current situation across the west, perhaps it is best we put a moratorium on allowing refugees into our country".

State of the art refugee spaces? I am straining to hold my tongue at the moment. I console myself with the fact that most people can see you

The West (and more to the point - the United States) is responsible for this refugee crisis. You want other people to cleanup and take responsibility - not a surprise

What is a surprise is that you and others inclined towards your way of thinking want the world to believe that terrorism is going to reach us by way of the refugees

It's like you're 12 or something:

Honduras detains Syrians bound for U.S. with doctored Greek passports

The terrorists are coming for us. If you never allowed another refugee in, if you rounded up every single living innocent Muslim in our country - citizen or not, 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation or recently arrived, devout or secular, elderly or 3 year old child - and placed them in camps - they are still going to come

Your proposition is vile - but it's also unintelligent

Also, just curious - what territory is it that belongs to the UN?

edit on 11/19/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: spelling things out, because...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

ISIS is main tool for gathering followers is telling other Muslims the other side hates them.

And then the other side helps them out by reaffirming that sentiment, so I that makes them a tool for ISIS.

I wonder how that side feels about being a part of a group they despise so much..

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And what Obama said was dead on. Good for him.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Why does it fall on Europe and the US to take in these refugees? What is Iran or Russia doing about them? Both are allies of Syria so why don't they take in these people? Has it escaped everybodies notice that these are people may be deemed undesirable by the Syrian Gov't or are they coming because they know that the West will bend over backwards to support them? In regards to Obama's little spiel, funny how antagonistic he is to his fellow countrymen. Time to stop kowtowing to people who are not Americans. Sorry but our fellow countrymen first then when we are taken care of then lets think about helping everybody else.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

How do you know none of these refugees are terrorists again?
because the narrative "right now" is that nothing has happened?

Nothing happened to Troy either until they got the horse in the gate and everyone settled in for the celebration

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

Let's not forget that ISIS also stated their goal was to get its combatants Into the US and European countries they stated PUBLICLY that they would utilize the refugee crisis as an avenue.

But hey that's fine let's just keep ignoring them.

I mean it's not like thy haven't done or attempted to do everything they have said they would so far.

You know like stepping up the attacks on the west and Europe , even telling francs they would be targeted

Yes let's keep playing stupid, that seems effective

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join