It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Storms The World Stage And Rips Republicans For Being Afraid Of The Media and Orphans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Apologies up front because I only wanted to post this story because I adore this headline. And the story? Well it has everything...ISIL, Putin, and calling people out on their weak sauce too.

I cannot think of a more potent recruitment tool for ISIL than some of the rhetoric coming out of here in the course of this debate. ISIL seeks to exploit the idea that there’s war between Islam and the West, and when you start seeing individuals in positions of responsibility suggesting Christians are more worthy of protection than Muslims are in a war-torn land that feeds the ISIL narrative. It’s counter productive. And it needs to stop. And I would add these are the same folks who suggested they’re so tough that just talk to Putin or staring down ISIL (will work) .. but they’re scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America as part of our tradition of compassion.

First they were worried the press was too tough on them in the debates; now they’re worried about 3-year old orphans. That doesn’t sound very tough to me.

They’ve been playing on fear to score political points or to advance their campaigns and it’s irresponsible. It needs to stop because the world is watching. I was proud after the attacks in Boston took place and we did not resort to fear and panic. Boston Strong. People went to the ball game that same week and sang the national anthem. And went back to the stores and went back to the streets. That’s how you defeat ISIL, not by trying to divide the country or suggest our tradition of compassion should start now. [Source]

I particularly love the last two sentences. Love him or hate him, he's not wrong.

You don't let them win by letting them turn you into opportunistic sniveling little cowards and allowing them to divide you.

When the war comes to you, because, you know, it's such a freaking SHOCK to people when it does, you deal with it and go on. Otherwise they win. Over and over again.

By attempting to manipulate us, the war and media machines, the snivelers he refers to, they make us all look like cowards.

It's time we turned the tide an call them on it. Full stop.
edit on 11/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

THREAD REMINDER...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Thu Nov 19 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
sorry but a majority are not widows and orphans. they are young men ages 19-36

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Link?

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Ive told others...if it actually is women, children, elderly... then by all means lets help... if its 25-35 yr old males built like an extra from the expendables movies... Ill pass.

By the way it seems like quite a few of the second group are showing up in Germany. (where I live currently)

For what its worth... the GOP and the Democrats are both worthless in my book, haven't done a bloody thing to help the average American in decades.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
sorry but a majority are not widows and orphans. they are young men ages 19-36

That's neither entirely true nor the point here.

Love his political incorrectness, don't you?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Sounds like a similar riff to what SkepticOverlord recently said. Don't fan the flames for terrorism etc.

Obama will likely be called a sympathiser or sleeper terrorist - an enabler. It's the right message and the right time...wrong messenger?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Link?

Oops...must chug more coffee
Fixed. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yep. Very similar.

But he's been called worse. I bet he survives.

+32 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Mr. Obama,
The carload of men taken into custody on the Ohio Turnpike yesterday were not widows. They were not children either.
The 8 men with false papers taken in Honduras were Syrians, they think..... but not widows.... also not children.
I am not so trusting,sir.

I don't trust anyone in Washington, DC though.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

We've all heard this in the echo chamber. And they were CAUGHT. And DEALT with. It's gonna happen and we will deal with it.

But so you agree with those who believe the answer is to let segregated incidents instill us with fear and cast aside our courage and dignity and principles and look weak. Good to know.

We all have our own ways of dealing with fear.

edit on 11/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

We've all heard this in the echo chamber. And they were CAUGHT. And DEALT with. It's gonna happen and we will deal with it.

But so you agree with those who believe the answer is to let segregated incidents instill us with fear and cast aside our courage and dignity and principles and look weak. Good to know.

We all have our own ways of dealing with fear.

75% of crimes go unsolved in the US.....

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

With Obama citing 'three year old orphans' and you with your 'carload of men,' it's the same old crap on both sides. He's going for the heart-strings with orphaned kids and you're going for the fear response with the adult males thing.

Are you both being truthful or both dishonest? You are definitely both being selective.

How will any of this conflict end when we're all* trying to manipulate each others emotions?

* all of us

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

True. And fighting like with like never works, does it? But it seems to me more weight goes to intent and maybe counterbalance.

Both sides deserve to be heard but also logically (not emotionally) analyzed to get to the core of the truth.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yeah, it strikes me that we'd all change our arguments depending what body we might occupy and where we might live. In that light, 'truth' is so subjective as to be almost meaningless.

We've been fighting for centuries and can't see past our noses often enough to ever find more , not complete, peace. Just 'more' peace would be a great start and we can't seem to overcome our differences.

Here's to dreaming

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

That's nice, Obama is proud of the Martial law police state that locked down Boston. Militarized police pointing weapons at innocent Americans in their own homes to find two little dirt bags.

Keep sucking off your chosen brand of scumbag politician, it's been working so well so far.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
"The Point" is the problem I have with most democrats because that's not what they are interested in. Im not sure what they are interested in, it sure isn't educating themselves in politics. I think that democrats are the people that don't know much about politics. The bad thing about being a republican OR a democrat is that we both have buffoons but as a republican I can admit that, a democrat will not.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
First, it's counter-productive for Obama to air dirty laundry at a world venue. Even if the message was important, there's a time and a place, just ask any Mom. The pointed message with public timing was meant to troll and shame, not pursue any real discourse or change. Does anyone really think those that oppose accepting refugees will be more open to discussion or compromise after being insulted? It's ridiculous, no, they will be more reluctant and twice as suspicious as to why Obamais pushing so hard to relocate the refugees here.

Secondly, this tactic used by Obama and many on the hard left of trying to shame and bully the opposition is simply the internet working it's dark magic on our public discourse and marks a truly Orwellian turning point for our nation, IMHO. What's next? Re-education for dissidents? As a moderate democrat, I find it ironic and sad that the party of tolerance has become so shrill and its leaders and constituents not much better than school yard bullies. Plus this new push to excoriate and humilate any opposition will ultimately cause the left to lose ranks, it's already happening.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Yea you love that qoute but I love how every time these people open their mouths the opposite comes to light, be it climate change, immigration, obummercare or gun violence....

Just hours after the president used the term “widows and orphans” to taunt the GOP over their opposition to flooding America with Syrian refugees ISIS has promised to seed with terrorists, a female suicide bomber in Paris blew herself up as police close

source

So women and children that have been already raised so far this way... NO THANKS

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

LOL yeah cuz he's the ONLY one who airs dirty laundry.

You appear to be missing the points here. As in 1.) how's it feel when you get back as good as you give and 2.) none of this is productive and all of it is manipulative.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

That's nice, Obama is proud of the Martial law police state that locked down Boston. Militarized police pointing weapons at innocent Americans in their own homes to find two little dirt bags.

Keep sucking off your chosen brand of scumbag politician, it's been working so well so far.

Question for ya. Did you cheer when UK special forces went to Paris to help?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join