It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As States Turn Away Refugees – All Paris Attackers Identified So Far are EU Nationals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is all so fecking dumb. Let's assume that all western countries stopped all refugees.

Would this stop the terrorist? Of course not they would pretend to be a sought after professional ie work immigrant.

Oh sh.t, right let's stop all immigration no matter what the industry because of the movement of workers across borders.

Would this stop the terrorist? Of course not they would pretend to marry a native citizen, for example.

Oh sh.t, right let's stop all wives, husbands, familes etc just in case one of them is a terrorist.

Would this stop the terrorist? Of course not they would pretend to be a Football supporter, for example.

Oh sh.t, right let's stop all European soccer competitions because of the movement of fans across borders.

Would this stop the terrorist? Of course not they would pretend to be a Tourist , for example.

Oh Sh.t, right let's stop all Tourism because of the movement of tourists across borders.

DAH DAH there we have done it . The whole world in lock down. Nobody going anywhere.

Wait a minute wait minute. There's an exception clause : none of the above applies to white people since only brown people might be muslim terrorists.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Oh. This is a pretty good recent thread about extremism and radicalization: Here

There are a few others around here too, and numerous studies done (one of the big ones in France, ironically) on why it happens. This site has a lot of information on it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

They're opportunists and learned their lessons well and have great PR too. Just like some other people I won't name.
edit on 11/18/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

So, in other words, the terrorists are winning because they control our lives.

I remember when I was little admiring how stoic Brits were in the wake of all the IRA terrorism that was going on almost, it seemed, daily. They didn't let it affect their lives or change their habits or scare them (or if it did, they never let that fear show). I thought that was great.

And i believed that we in America would do the same if our day ever came, but when it did, we had a huge loudmouthed portion of those who represented us acting and speaking in ways that was probably designed to scare and control us, but in my view made us look like unthinking quivering cowards instead. And I for one was very disappointed, and they are doing it again.

Sad.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It's true. As a child growing up in the UK, it seemed like a monthly occurrence that our school was evacuated and we all had to stand in the furthest part of the games field due to "a bomb" placed near the school. It just so happened that the school had an army base across the road though. We all found it very exciting. This one time a robot came into the school yards to disarm a bag that had been thrown over the fence.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Oh. This is a pretty good recent thread about extremism and radicalization: Here

There are a few others around here too, and numerous studies done (one of the big ones in France, ironically) on why it happens. This site has a lot of information on it.

Thank you for the links will spend some time checking them out. Missed that thread on ATS, I have to disconnect at times.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: soficrow

I would like you to watch this please.

Great video! Thanks for it!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

**EU Citizens**?? ...

Omar Mustefai born to Algerian parents known as a radical

trained with ISIL inside Syria last year.

Salah Abdeslam Belgium born (parentage?)

Abdel Hamid Abaand raised Belgium/France (parentage?)

Bilal Hadfl Morrocan decent he fought with ISIS in Syria as

recently as this spring using the names Abu Mondjahid Al Belgiki

and Bilal Al Monhajir

Ahmad Al Mohammad was the name on the fake pass port the

possibility was he was using the fake passport to re. enter Europe

in early October because his real identity was on a watch list.

Samy Amimour was on a watch list when he went missing

and was suspected of having travelled to Syria.

Whilst they all may have been EU citizens...Their parentage is ME

the clues are in the names Nothing very French sounding there??

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

That is why we should and must respond in order to end the atrocities and the caliphate in Syria and Iraq.
Even if it means more anger among muslims within our borders and the likelihood of more bloody attacks against and in the west.
It is not only in Syria or Iraq, in Peshawar, Pakistan, muslim extremists attacked a school, they killed 150 people of whom 134 were children according to the official report, other sources speak of at least 436 casualties.
Same happened in Kenia at the Garissa university where according to official reports 148 students were killed and 79 wounded.
Let's not forget about the abduction of 329 female children in Chibok Nigeria of whom 53 were lucky to escape.
This is one reported case, but boko haram has been responsible for a lot more abductions of children and the slaughtering of many people in Nigeria during attacks on villages.
some girls were found dead, some tied to a tree, raped and beaten, but most of the girls were never found again.

Maybe that is also a reason why France is targeted, they are not only fighting against extremists in Syria and Iraq but also in Mali and Nigeria.

What is a mystery to me is why the US has been and is passive in that area besides providing military training which was suspended when the US repeatedly blocked Nigeria from buying weapons in order to fight against the extremists.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Absolutely no problem at all. I think everyone should watch this if possible. Talk about telling it like it is.

I also believe he received a pineapple for this as he was also quoted as saying that "No one will tell me what to say in the media" .

A real career ender, but the guy has balls to do that on live television.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
1) Syria is where ISIS is centrally located. Just because they are giving orders to EU based operatives, does not mean they are not the main place for ISIS. Stormtroopers took orders from Vader...you wouldn't ignore refugees from the Death Star because a Stormtrooper was hanging out on Alderan and blew some guys up.

2) Latest report shows most PRO ISIS Tweets are coming from Saudi Arabia and Syria.

BOTH should be off the refugee list as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 194pm3009America/Chicago011CST09America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

About the passports *click*

and it is no secret either that fake passports are used.
One dutch journalist bought fake identity papers for our PM in August, now he can ask for asylum as a Syrian refugee.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

An idea does not need a formal process of recruiting, even people who are considered radicalized can just adapt and claim affiliations to that idea of a radicalized Islam. Is what i am saying.

Worth repeating. S&

Also note:

You Cannot Bomb an Idea

Also worth repeating:

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't want these people living next to me, but I don't want to hurt them either. Can't we just leave them the hell alone? THAT is the answer.

Nice idea. However, you can't just go in and cause strife and then leave and refuse to help or do anything to aid the healing that is obviously required. I'm afraid you're in it for the long haul, as we all should be because we are all human and we all need to help each other by improving living conditions,
Pulling out and turning your back is the last thing you should do.

...Best stop disenfranchising the fans.

edit on 18/11/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

ps Why are you using the children photo in the op? trying too hard to raise sympathy for the intruders?

The photo -like the headline- came from the news report.

...Are you are saying people should not be allowed to move round the world and relocate? Or just people from certain countries? Or of certain religions?

Not clear. Could you please explain?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

I don't want these people living next to me, but I don't want to hurt them either. Can't we just leave them the hell alone? THAT is the answer.

I'm not against rendering humanitarian aid in this case, up to and including providing assistance to resettle them in moderate Muslim countries, but given the potential risk of ISIS members or sympathizers slipping through the cracks, I can't support the idea of bringing them over here. That may not be fair to the many who aren't, but I think the first priority has to be the safety and security of our own country.

Like Lucidity said:

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: vor78

Which Muslim nations? The ones already so poor or so stretched to capacity by the millions they have taken in from Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and other countries in turmoil? The ones already torn apart with refugee issues of their own? Or the ones like Saudi Arabia where the disgustingly rich will pen them up and all but ensure them no future?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: charlyv

The POINT is, they are not refugees.

Sorry I didn't make that clear. I do tend to run with things and get a bit off track.

... I did not think they were refugees either, it was a convenient way to re-infiltrate them.
Asleep at the helm not having maximum scrutiny on everyone that they let in.

No - these people are citizens. No one was "asleep at the helm," they were not "let in" accidentally. They live in France.

...The larger problem is that poverty, prejudice and disenfranchisement create terrorists out of our citizens. Just look at what's going on in the US - the acts of terrorism are being committed by citizens, mostly white, and excluding murders by police. The real problem is that people -especially young people- feel like there's no hope. They are psychologically vulnerable and totally subject to going off - with or without manipulation.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

What this guy seems to forget or does not know is that islam is divided into multiple sects.
Because of that, there will never be a great war between islam and the rest of the world.
This fact should be quite clear if one realizes how much shiite, kurdish, yazidi, sufi muslims have been killed by extremists.
Another important point to mention is that IS is one of many names behind the same extremist ideology, to focus on IS as the sole extremist group is therefore not a smart thing to do.
Even if IS, the caliphate and its fighters within the caliphate are destroyed, the ideology goes on under different names like al shabaab, boko haram and so on.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

Nice idea. However, you can't just go in and cause strife and then leave and refuse to help or do anything to aid the healing that is obviously required. I'm afraid you're in it for the long haul, as we all should be because we are all human and we all need to help each other by improving living conditions,
Pulling out and turning your back is the last thing you should do.

Actually I am fine with just leaving. I didn't want this war in the first place so if you want to send over Bush and Obama then feel free, but I am going to sit this out. It's their mess let them clean it up.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Where have we gone wrong as parents or grandparents? To the point our children can be radicalized by forces so foreign to their upbringing. I see it happen here in the US with white supremacism, and I wonder where we have gone wrong.

I think it's about not having a sense of purpose or belonging, and being without hope for something better and a brighter future. No need for forces to radicalize them - it will happen anyway because well, why not?

Bleak.

Things need to change. Real things. Like the global economy and world order.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: Dr1Akula

ps Why are you using the children photo in the op? trying too hard to raise sympathy for the intruders?

The photo -like the headline- came from the news report.

...Are you are saying people should not be allowed to move round the world and relocate? Or just people from certain countries? Or of certain religions?

Not clear. Could you please explain?

People should not be allowed to move around and relocate within another country's political boundaries without going through the proper legal process of said country. I have no problem saying this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join