It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Firearms to buy for SHTF?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

These seem field ammo compatible

and "Effect" for the hordes

edit on 11/22/15 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a 22

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Stick with easy to find ammo like 12 gauge, 22, 9mm 45.

Right on the money. Add to that, .30-06 rifle ammo and .40 pistol ammo.

A lot of law enforcement and military use the .40 and 9mm ammo.

Personally, my suggestion would be:

Pistol for each of you (same caliber, so you only have to stock ONE kind of ammo)
Rifle, for whoever is the best shot
Shotgun, for whoever isn't

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Got a H&K VP 9. Wife and I love it. Next will be a compact for conceal carry. Not sure which yet. Spring Field XD.mod2 maybe.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
What 2 survival firearms would be good for my wife and I for protection and hunting etc...in case Government collapse for what ever reason?
Only 2, two for her and two for me. What ammo will be most easily found out there if Zombie apocalypse or what ever wipes out most of us and people are fighting for resources etc...?

2 hand Guns, 2 Rifles? Shotgun maybe?

If you had to pick 2 firearms and ammo only what would they be. Id say under $2500 for both but cheaper is better.

Be specific as possible, model, brand ammo.

Thank you!

In the SHTF scenario, it would be wise to be able to make your own gunpowder, and get a Kentucky long rifle. Not too high tech, but very accurate. Being able to make your own ball ammo with the old moulds would be handy, as well as a bit of flint knapping for the spark maker.
X

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well, I am guessing that you are not going to fight a war Red Dawn style but want both reliable and practical firearms. Tools that provide food and protection.

Revolvers are the most dependable. I trust Ruger. For a rifle, Henry lever action is my choice but you can do an AR 7 also currently made by Henry. 22lr is the ammo to use because not only does it kill all game, you can carry the most for the weight.

If you find the need to "upgrade" in the future. There will be plenty of free firearms lying around for the taking from those that failed to properly prepare. Just be kind enough to bury them in thanks for their contributions.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Since you mentioned protection first, I'd suggest a 9mm carbine.
My choice would be: ($335 MSRP)Hi-Point 995TS 4x. It's cheap, very cheap. (for the Hi-Point haters - maybe you need to look at the reviews of this carbine before you let your prejudices kick in).
--this one also takes +p ammo
--in a SHTF scenario, you can use 147 grain bullets and a home made suppressor
--easy to shoot for anyone

You can hunt with the 9mm carbine above, but I'd suggest not doing so unless it is a survival situation. In a true survival situation, you should be trapping instead of hunting anyways. Hunting tends to move animals out, while trapping lets them come in.

2nd Protection weapon: ($339 MSRP)Ruger 10/22 with a tactical stock and extended mag.
--easy to carry hundreds if not thousands of round of 22lr.
--can be used to dispatch varmints as well as people.
--you can put many shots on target in a quick manner due to the lack of recoil
--in a SHTF situation - a 22lr can be used to hunt deer

Hunting round would be a 308. Not sure of which rifle is good for a survival situation. I'd imagine one that is lightweight and easy to maintain. Something that you'll feel comfortable with.

This round would be ideal for mid range hunting. Distance hunting won't be something that comes naturally, you'll need to practice for it to become an effective skill you know.
--down side would be the bullet and weapon weight. You'd pretty much only use this to hunt medium game (deer, black bear, etc)
--unless you are part of a well supplied militia, you'd won't be using this weapon to take out people. Your rounds would be limited at any given time.

Handgun of my choice would be: ($682 MSRP)Beretta 92 or M9 variants
--9mm rounds easy to carry
--easy to shoot for anyone
--no tools needed to take it apart
--hammer fired weapon
----who knows what condition ammo you will come across. With the hammer fired action, you'll be able to pull the trigger again if the primer was a little off.

2nd handgun would be: ($439-$479 MSRP)Ruger SR22
--easy to use and light weight
--can carry tons of ammo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join