It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Pounds ISIS With Biggest Bomber Raid in Decades

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Russia Pounds ISIS With Biggest Bomber Raid in Decades
(www.thedailybeast.com)

Putin’s air force just used its nuclear bombers to lay waste to the captial of the “Islamic State.”

The Russian air force just pulled off one of the biggest and most complex heavy bomber missions in modern history—sending no fewer than 25 Backfire, Bear, and Blackjack bombers on a coordinated, long-range air raid against alleged ISIS forces in Syria.

So far the Idlib and Aleppo provinces have been the acknowledged targets. It may be worth noting these are also the strongholds of the US-backed rebels.

Are the US backed rebels just code for ISIS? I see they often refer to the moderate rebels, does that mean the are moderately rebelloous?? or does it mean they are not a rebellous as ISIS?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Carpet bombing is what made the death toll of civilians during ww2 higher than soldiers.

That said, I don't think isis / isil ever imagined such war tactics to be used again, or against them for that very reason. But enough was enough I guess for Russia.

And were is the third reich now and imperial Japanese empire?

If your going to fight a war against a ideology you got to flatten the place or it springs up again twice as worse.

ISIS wanted a war so give it to them and give it to them hard.

Whilst I dont disagree, the Nazi ideology was pretty much join us (German Nazi) or die but it was a German enemy, the Jap were Japs. IS are not really affiliated to Iraq or Syria but to a muslim (borderless) faith.

Leveling Saudi Arabia would probably be a more effective strategy than leveling Syria.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Which got me thinking, Im not a conspiracy person (even though I am on the site) but the Saudis are ruining the oil price and the US has found enough shale oil to fill the gap if the price were higher. I wonder if now is a good time to go after the real Islamic terrorist problem that is Saudi...I dont think its a planned strategy, but would any ATSers have the knowledge when Saudi might become more of a problem to the US than a financial solution?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
nope ..all the civilians against isis ore rebels are fled to europe already... wats left are ises and rebels sympathisants...a reply to: saadad

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
So.....

Where the heck is America in all of this?

Why is Putin (And now France) the only one actually declaring war on ISIS and actually fighting them?

All 'Murica is doing is pussyfooting around blowing stuff up and helping ISIS advance.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

America was involved and has been involved. There are several countries, publically proclaimed or otherwise, "involved" in this ISIL issue.

Putin doesnt ask permission of anyone and has close ties with a coastal base they want to keep. And France is suffering a direct attack on their home turf. Other involved countries are not as publically aggressive.
edit on 18-11-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

The extent of America's involvement was 'Okay, you're bombing, we'll stay out of your way then'

ie Russia told them they were coming through so 'look out.'

Could you imagine a sortie of 25 Russian bombers and 25 American ones working together?

They could end ISIS in less than a week with that sort of destructive power.......

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I dont think bombs alone should be enough though.

I think the civilized world should look at heavy sanctions on Saudi Arabia, UAE and quatar until they hand over every single scumbag sponsoring these vermin and freeze every single banke acount linked with ISIS or anyone buying there blood oil.

I would consider massive/crippling fines and criminal charges on CEO's (like treason) on any western bank that accepts these scums blood money too.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

The extent of America's involvement was 'Okay, you're bombing, we'll stay out of your way then'

Could you imagine a sortie of 25 Russian bombers and 25 American ones working together?

They could end ISIS in less than a week with that sort of destructive power.......

They need more than bombs though.

There needs to be boots on the ground exterminateing the left overs and there needs to be a total trade and financial block.
edit on 18-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I love how some folks like to play both sides of the argument.

....America/USA should get out.....what are they doing there?

ISIS goes on the offensive....and now....

...where is America in all this?

Americas was arming the rebels (not ISIS) thus using counterinsurgency tactics.....ie. arm and train the population to fight against ISIS.

How many weeks ago did ISIS stumble onto a base where DELTA force was? and what happened? Delta force pushed the rebels back to their own area and did not have ANY casualties in the process?

Go back and read the news on what America has been doing over the last year and quit trying to make America out to be a boogy man.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

This is not Iraq or Afghanistan.

I was 100% against Iraq and still on the fence about Afghanistan.

In Iraqs case it had nothing to do with us, nor was syria when it was just Assad.

This is diffrent.

ISIS declared war on us. They are attacking us.

I am 100% intervention unless its self defence and this is self defence.

And bugger your counter insurgency . It was a failed mess with half if not mostl your weapons ending up in enemy hands and the people trained defecting. If you want a job done right do it yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
U guys got no faith in the russia military
unlike other contries russia bombs the bad guys. Very aqurate and proven so. USA spent millions and conducted drone strike and air strikes for years !!! Sit back and let Vlad take care of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

They need more than bombs though.

There needs to be boots on the ground exterminateing the left overs and there needs to be a total trade and financial block.

Oh I agree. If you're gonna gas a house full of rats, you need men with guns to shoot the ones that flee.

I am just really frustrated by America's attitude in all of this. Putin even went to New York, expecting to work out an alliance, similar to the one Russia and America had in WW2 to solve the Syria issue and the US told him to 'get lost mate'

Russia has repeatedly shown it is willing to work with other nations, and has even answered the Assad question with 'after the war is over we'll see him transition out of power'

So, 'Murica, why are you being so obstinate? Why are you allowing the war to perpetuate and the ISIS thread spread with every refugee that comes from Syria?

This war could be over in weeks if everyone cooperated. Then the refugees could go home. Then ISIS would be WASWAS and Syria can rebuild from the ashes of it's shattered nation.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I think Obama pretending the US isnt currently at war.

Im anti war myself but im not a fool. If someone STARTS a war with you then there is nothing to be anti about and you certainly cant ignore it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I think Obama pretending the US isnt currently at war.

Im anti war myself but im not a fool. If someone STARTS a war with you then there is nothing to be anti about and you certainly cant ignore it.

I don't like war either. I would never want to see my own countries (Australia and New Zealand) fire the first shots at anyone.

But

If someone comes onto my turf dropping bombs and shooting, then it is on like donkey kong and I and hopefully my fellow countrymen will fight to the death to defeat those who threaten us.
edit on 18-11-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
one of ISIL tactics is to push a lot of there top dudes in with the refugees to infiltrate Europe. France is workin with russia now. But do the USA really want ISIL to fail ? Wonder what they'll do next ? Maybe put more sactions on russia ?? Just wait until it all comes out about this Russian plane exploding and killing 200 something and the U.S. government had something to do with it. Like giving ISIL information on the flight and occupancy. Come at me bro. Lol

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I think the civilized world should look at heavy sanctions on Saudi Arabia, UAE and quatar until they hand over every single scumbag sponsoring these vermin and freeze every single banke acount linked with ISIS or anyone buying there blood oil.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
By the way im putting my money were my mouth is on this.

I always said I would never call for a war Id never fight myself

Well im going to look into handing my buisness over and looking at doing something for the UK's part.

Thats all im going to say on the matter though. Not going into detail on ATS.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Ifthey wanted to end this war they would be bombing Saudi Arabia and Qatar before flattening Syria.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
Ifthey wanted to end this war they would be bombing Saudi Arabia and Qatar before flattening Syria.

Just massive financial sanctions would do the job nicely.

Make the piggys squeal

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join