It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Pounds ISIS With Biggest Bomber Raid in Decades

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Russia Pounds ISIS With Biggest Bomber Raid in Decades
(www.thedailybeast.com)

Putin’s air force just used its nuclear bombers to lay waste to the captial of the “Islamic State.”

The Russian air force just pulled off one of the biggest and most complex heavy bomber missions in modern history—sending no fewer than 25 Backfire, Bear, and Blackjack bombers on a coordinated, long-range air raid against alleged ISIS forces in Syria.

So far the Idlib and Aleppo provinces have been the acknowledged targets. It may be worth noting these are also the strongholds of the US-backed rebels.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Maybe I'm supposed to feel good about this, but I don't. I'm so sick of all this destruction.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

RT

Directly related report just posted with video...of stock footage.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Maybe I'm supposed to feel good about this, but I don't. I'm so sick of all this destruction.

Thanks for reminding us Angel

Indeed it appears that it is a good thing if ISIS gets it but my prayers, whatever their worth, probably not much, are for the innocent civilians who may get hurt in all of this.

War is a necessary Hell unfortunately because some people like ISIS love war

I remember the Nazis loved war

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
On November 17, crews of Tu-160, Tu-95MS and Tu-22M3 long-range bombers of the Russian Aerospace Forces carried out strikes with air-based cruise missiles on the ISIS objects on the territory of Syria

Next target Amerika....

edit on 17-11-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Here we go, there is gonna be a crater after the dust settles in Syria! I hope only ISIS is at the receiving end, and hope all this innocent people should leave the insurgent held areas and move away towards the capital Aleppo where it's safer. I think Russia, really doesn't care anymore whether it's US-backed rebels or not, terrorist are terrorists.

And considering that there has been a new found unity in the fight against ISIS, since the recent Paris attacks and of course the Russian passenger jet incident alleged to have been linked to ISIS, only explains why Russia has intensified it's attacks with bigger planes and bombs.

There cannot be any other way to fight ISIS, who are nothing but terrorists, and since terror is the name of the game ISIS is playing, then it serves then right to have bombs raining on them.

"What goes around comes around"

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Carpet bombing is what made the death toll of civilians during ww2 higher than soldiers.

That said, I don't think isis / isil ever imagined such war tactics to be used again, or against them for that very reason. But enough was enough I guess for Russia.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Carpet bombing is what made the death toll of civilians during ww2 higher than soldiers.

That said, I don't think isis / isil ever imagined such war tactics to be used again, or against them for that very reason. But enough was enough I guess for Russia.

And were is the third reich now and imperial Japanese empire?

If your going to fight a war against a ideology you got to flatten the place or it springs up again twice as worse.

ISIS wanted a war so give it to them and give it to them hard.
edit on 17-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I have no idea how legitamate it is, probably from an unrelated earlier date being social media; but my wife was showing me videos and posts today on Facebook showing white phosphurous raining down supposedly in Syria today.

I would try and find to link it, but i am not active on social media.
edit on 17-11-2015 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well said crazyewok. As sad as it is. ISIS dared the rest of the world to bring it on.

The dare, has been answered.

Des

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This is being downplayed in the US media....
www.nytimes.com...

It's at the END of the article! Russia is cooperating with France's carrier group, so where's the US's leadership on this??
Obviously the US was informed about the airstrike, yet everything is downplayed. Kerry is saying there will be a cease fire in a few days on top of all this?

Mr. Obama added that there was a “catch” to that cooperative spirit, saying that “Moscow is still interested in keeping Assad in power.”

Photo

The crash site of the Russian jetliner in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula in October. Credit Maxim Grigoryev/Russia's Emergency Ministry, Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
He said, however, that “those differences have not prevented us at looking at how could we set up a cease-fire.”

Sadly we're behind the curve ball again....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

It may be worth noting these are also the strongholds of the US-backed rebels.

Lol.

I really do find that amusing. Where else were they going to hit, especially with a cease fire coming soon. Russia and France will be very busy, squeezing lots of sorties before that day.

I think that the NWO is about to loose one of its armies. And ... good riddance.

And yet, civilians will have to pay the price. It is so sad

P

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
And were is the third reich now and imperial Japanese empire?

If your going to fight a war against a ideology you got to flatten the place or it springs up again twice as worse.

ISIS wanted a war so give it to them and give it to them hard.

It wont work. You cant compare Japan and Germany with Isis. The Allies crippled Germany and Japan by taking out their wartime industry..airports .Isis doesent rely on those. Isis is not a sovereign nation. Sure you can bomb their tents aka "training camps" but as soon you destroy one another one pops out. How many radicals will you create in the process ? Its pointless. France has been bombing Isis for a few years now,what good has it done ? Want to end isis ? Find out who their masters are and take them out.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
no doubt the civilian death toll will outweigh IS death toll. it's pointless. IS will just disappear into the night only to emerge elsewhere next week.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Europe here comes another refugees wave.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Europe here comes another refugees wave.

Yip. Rinse and repeat. 12 countries Bombing Syria at the moment, Our leaders here in the UK are trying to make that 13. not that we havn't been bombing Syria behind everyone's backs though.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I still cant believe everyday citizens do not rebel, there are more of them. Then again just because the news dont report such instances doesn't mean it does not exist, either way I am under the impression that the people there are with Isis/isil/assh0le. Isis cant execute a country where the local resistance?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Putin dont play around.

That said, this is fast becoming a world war people. Very fast.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

About time...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

War and terrorism are very effective population control tools, just ask the The Powers That Should Not Be, the NWO pushers.

edit on 18-11-2015 by Azureblue because: z

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join