It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show about Giants on the History Channel.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wannabe
I have a friend who was born with 12 fingers and 12 toes.

no kidding?

that's hella cool,
what nationality is he/she?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Fury, I have more sites if you would like them posted, let me know.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
And a friend told me that the Book of Enoch is fairly commentive on the Nephilim.

www.mystae.com...

www.ancienttexts.org...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Philo of Alexandria mentions the giants. they were evidently real enough for Josephus and Pliny to talk about them also.

You kind of start to wonder about the records of giants that were destroyed in the Library of Alexandria, among other great historical books which are now forever lost.

Goliath was something like 4 or 6 cubits and a span tall. that's 7 to 9 feet high. and if we take into account his armour was 150 lbs. Goliath was a huge and strong guy.
1Samuel 17.

King Og of Bashan, had a Bed 13 feet long. Deut.3:11
and the fact that he was mentioned as a descendant of the "Reph-a-im" (Heb. Giants) validate his need for that big of a bed. evidently, the giants in the bible were around 9 or so feet tall.

There is also evidence of giants in America. 7 and 8 foot tall skeletons have been found by the Smithsonian in the 1800's in Mid-west Burial mounds. These evidently belonged to a class of moundbuilders who may have practiced selective breeding, to pass on their tall genes. An example of this practice are the "Watusi" of Africa, who are often over 7 feet tall.

There are also Giant Incan mummies in South America.
An Article which was published in "Ancient American magazine" describes the discovery made by Glenn Kimball in the late 60's while he was visiting Lima, Peru. you can read the article here: www.ancientamerican.com...

this particular article especially fascinates me because Glenn estimates that these Incan Lords must have been up over 9 feet tall! Perhaps as tall as 12 feet with the crown on their head!

I emaild Mr. Kimball a while back about this discovery.
He was also recently on a radio program which he spoke about the same giant mummies. He estimated that if it were in terms of a hat size, the huge head in the photograph had about a size 12 or 13 crown size.(that's approx. 35-40 inches circumference) the crown itself is over 3 feet tall in the photo. There were two of these individuals in the private museum.

Most learned Scholars of this age would suggest that all of the myths and legends of giants were simply mans interpretation of some unfortunate glandular desturbed individuals.

My reply is, that it may have been the case in some of those individuals of the past, but they were still fierce warriors who struck terror in the heart of the enemy.

Goliath for example, terrorized the armies of Saul. They ran from his presence. This doesn't sound like a poor helpless individual to me. He was described as a "champion" of Gath. He evidently had slain many men in his day.

This brings us to the topic of the "Mighty Men of renown" spoken of In Genesis 6. The idea that angels of god rebelled and came unto the daughters of men, and produced the Giants, sounds rediculous, but civilizations more ancient than the Hebrew believed the very same thing.

It is one of those great mysteries of humanity.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
First off John W., Welcome to the boards. Becareful though, this place has a tendency to produce an effect better know as addiction. Enjoy.

Your information was great.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
yeah, I really like to take subjects like this to the very Max. Surprisingly, there is a tremendous amount of historical evidence.

The hard part is tracking down the photo copies of newspaper clippings and old county journals which mention the findings of these giants, As well as actual photographs of the remains themselves.

But they do exist, we have the testimony of History itself.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
WOw, thanks Seeker.

I had no idea that kind of historical info was out there. With that kind of documentation, (which is undoubtedly the tip of the iceberg), I don't think anyone can explain away the existence of giants.

And as far as my 12-fingered/toed friend, I don't know what his lineage is.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Here's another one, I found by accident:
www.biblebelievers.org.au...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I watch most o fthe Giant show. It was pretty good. I licked the part when they talked abou the American giants.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Another site with great info. links but you got to 'muttle' thru the BS also so don't say I warned ya.

stargods.org...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I talked to my friend, and it turns out he's of Scandinavian descent, like me. That seems to jive with the theory that giants spread over to Northern Europe.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Found these:
www.geocities.com...

www.grahamhancock.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Did alittle more digging this morning and found somemore sites. Also discovered a 'book' which has been translated from the Dead Sea Scrolls as of late:
"Book of Giants"
www.piney.com...

Also these sites:
www.bibleufo.com...
www.bibleufo.com...

And this picture:

Still looking for more...hehehe
I'm beginning to think that history, whether it be ancient or modern, is leaving out some "facts"......

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wannabe
I talked to my friend, and it turns out he's of Scandinavian descent, like me. That seems to jive with the theory that giants spread over to Northern Europe.

In Norway we have an old song called "Norge, Kjempers F�deland" or "Norway, Giants' Birthland" in English.

As for the six fingered guy. I know that the Amish people in America has a gene that is caused by inter breeding, that makes the offspring very short and gives them six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot. Not that I'm calling your friend inbred though

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm almost sure that every culture had/has myths, stories, legends relating to 'giants.'

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Must be a dead subject.....no responses.

No matter, this will make a great catelogue of links for those interested.

www.branchministry.net...

peter.chattaway.com...

www.execulink.com...

www.khouse.org...

www.internetezy.com.au...

www.omniology.com...

www.echoesofenoch.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
nope, seekerof, ya just overwhelmed me with material... lmao,
i got alot of reading to catch up here. lol

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
nope, seekerof, ya just overwhelmed me with material... lmao,
i got alot of reading to catch up here. lol

hehe, Fury, I understand.
This is an old topic anyhow, but I still find it quite intriguing and mysterious.
Btw.....
Got somemore

www.mm2000.nu...

www.mt.net...

xfacts.com...

stargods.org...

www.welshdragon.net...

www.godsaidmansaid.com...

www.bartleby.com...

After I check these links to see if working, I will go through this thread and delete what I have duplicated, which shouldn't be but a few...if that.

This may be all for awhile....getting ready for my second go-round with college.

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join