It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where in the U.S. Syrian "Refugees" are located

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I came across this map indicating where in the United States the Syrian "refugees" have been located. Living near a large city, I'm not surprised that many are in my area (because there is a lot of just about everything in my area).

I found it interesting.

The map is HERE

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I saw on the news this morning that Alabama and Michigan will not be states hosting Syrian refugees (sort of).

Alabama, Michigan governors refuse to relocate Syrian refugees after Paris attacks

Although the article states that 200 refugees from Syria have already arrived in Michigan since last year.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
That article makes it sound like the us should send them first class plane tickets.
Only 2000 refugees out of 70,000 refugees last year were syrian. 68,000 came from somewhere.
Yeah so?
Combine that with Mexican immigrants and you have a crap ton of new people.

Sorry about the rant. The article just ticked me off.

I know you were just showing where the Syrians are landing..

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

It is very interesting and I tired to search on the source references but wasn't able to parse through to the source maps. That proves again just how difficult it is for the public to access real time data on where these people are being sent. I fail to understand why they work so hard to hide that data.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

My best guess.... a response/reaction a lot of people have to a lot of issues..... "Not in MY backyard."

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
From Op's map, Worcester, Mass has more than Boston? Isn't that where all of those weapons were stolen from the reserve center?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What worries me is not Syrian refugees - what worries me is the Gitmo detainees being sent to Fort Leavenworth, which is "in my backyard." In fact, on that map linked, it shows there are Syrians already in "my backyard."

Do not bring detainees here. Women and children and families who had to flee are already here....adding terror suspects to the mix is a stupid idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

These refugees are people in need, first and formost....until they aren't. I really doubt the terrorist living in Belgum and France were thought to be terrorists. They didn't wear a "Terrorist" tatoo.

A wolf dressed as a lamb is still a wolf.

Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
When looking at the map of the MD DC VA area I was able to guess somewhere in mountgomery county but that's it.

Add that to today's news of DC will be next and I'm tired of this altogether.

edit on 16-11-2015 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Interesting about Alabama. Talked to a friend in South Alabama last week, and she said as in the last 10 days they are visible and abundant. She said she almost never observed any until now.

The women were not dressed in the cute little scarves Iranian women and some Syrian wear to just cover their hair, they were in the full git-up. You only saw the eyes.

So, I'm not sure what's up with that.

eta: She was in a large shopping mall.

edit on 11/16/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Whatever they do, they should not bring them to places where they happened to be hotbeds for The Christian Right (The Bible Belt for example) it would be the 1600s all over again.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is just totally insane. Look at Paris, and then compare that to future events in the US. They placed these "refugees" in dam near all major cities... Why? Why not let them colonize out in the plains of Wyoming or something? Not that I have anything against that state, but it sure makes more sense to put them in areas a lot less populated, rather than Chicago, Seattle, etc etc. I'm totally on board with what Texas, Indiana, and the few other states have done.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Wyoming

Nope. I want to keep Yellowstone Park as it is.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Bobby Jindal of Louisiana just signed an executive order halting the relocation of Syrians to Louisiana.

Bobby Jindal issues order preventing Syrian refugees from being resettled in Louisiana

Gov. Bobby Jindal issued an executive order Monday (Nov. 16) to prevent Syrian refugees from being resettled in Louisiana. In issuing the order, Jindal referenced last week's terrorist attacks in Paris that killed 129 people and injured hundreds more. The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attacks. Jindal said that bringing Syrian refugees into the U.S. without "proper prior screening and follow-up monitoring could result in a threat to the citizens and property of this state." He cited a section of the Louisiana Constitution that says "during times of emergency... the governor has emergency powers to protect the citizens and property of the state of Louisiana." Jindal also sent a letter to the Obama administration on Saturday demanding information about the refugees being placed in Louisiana. Only 14 Syrians have been resettled in Louisiana since Jan. 1, despite social media reports and blog posts claiming that thousands had already arrived. Thirteen of the 14 refugees were brought to the New Orleans area.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
When looking at the map of the MD DC VA area I was able to guess somewhere in mountgomery county but that's it.

Add that to today's news of DC will be next and I'm tired of this altogether.

I'm from this area and the newly released video is extremely worrisome.

I refuse to live in fear but, I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

You seem to be a very knowledgeable member. Why is it I don't get notifications to replies to my posts? If I hadn't come back to this thread, I'd have never known you replied. I don't understand that.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
Bobby Jindal of Louisiana just signed an executive order halting the relocation of Syrians to Louisiana.

Bobby Jindal issues order preventing Syrian refugees from being resettled in Louisiana

Gov. Bobby Jindal issued an executive order Monday (Nov. 16) to prevent Syrian refugees from being resettled in Louisiana. In issuing the order, Jindal referenced last week's terrorist attacks in Paris that killed 129 people and injured hundreds more. The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attacks. Jindal said that bringing Syrian refugees into the U.S. without "proper prior screening and follow-up monitoring could result in a threat to the citizens and property of this state." He cited a section of the Louisiana Constitution that says "during times of emergency... the governor has emergency powers to protect the citizens and property of the state of Louisiana." Jindal also sent a letter to the Obama administration on Saturday demanding information about the refugees being placed in Louisiana. Only 14 Syrians have been resettled in Louisiana since Jan. 1, despite social media reports and blog posts claiming that thousands had already arrived. Thirteen of the 14 refugees were brought to the New Orleans area.

Jindal's got to be very, very worried. Mardi Gras is a HUGE part of the Louisiana economy.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The Muslims back in Tampa never worried me. They don't worry me here in MI, either. Most people, in my area at least, are rolling their eyes and calling the decision knee-jerk.

My dad & brother live over by Detoilet. My brother goes to Dearborn a lot with his buddies, and will be the first to tell folks the paranoia-driven hype about Dearborn being a dangerous Muslim town is utter horsecrap.

Maybe find a cave and wall yourself in if a group of people make you quiver at the knees?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS I think it's because you stay logged in. If you log out, then it notifies you since the last time you logged in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join