It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm NOT a " white boy" !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Klassified

Honky... hehe a slur for white Johns.

too lazy to get out the car.

A HONK A HONK A BURNIN LERV

never knew the etymology. even this thread turned out to be educational.
Thanks cracker!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

And "cracker" was the term for the white slave task master that "cracked" the whip on your back. He was "the Cracker". Frankly, unless a person is walking around with a whip, calling anyone a cracker is disingenuous and ill informed.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

you haven't met Lysergic then.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: natalia
Edit again.. I wanted to mention it's just not nice or polite in any way to say any color you are out loud.. Oh hey yellow boy, red boy, brown boy, white boy, black boy.. Manners.. Is all.

It is all in how people say it.

I was only half joking about my 'Uncle Salty' comment on the first page. I had a friend from high school who was black and along with my other non-white friend (the three of us did everything together) we would often hang out at one of his father's bars in Paterson, NJ, where, guess what ethnicity ALL the patrons were? Hell, even his father would call me Charlie Brown, so Uncle Salty, Saltine, Cracker and Whitey were frequent back up names for me whenever I was there.

I had a sense of humor about it because I knew they were all joking and we were having fun.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I had a friend from high school who was black and along with my other non-white friend (the three of us did everything together) we would often hang out at one of his father's bars in Paterson, NJ, where, guess what ethnicity ALL the patrons were? Hell, even his father would call me Charlie Brown, so Uncle Salty, Saltine, Cracker and Whitey were frequent back up names for me whenever I was there. I had a sense of humor about it because I knew they were all joking and we were having fun.

That is why I know in my heart of hearts this bull crap is all by design.

I also grew up in a multiracial community. Us children were so close we thought everyone was family. We did everything together, growing up. We were not taught racism. It wasn't until I was away from home in college that I had my first nasty encounter with racism, and I found myself in front of the J Edgar Hoover building in protest. But I still had hope for our country.

Too many of these groups with their cries of racism have no clue to what racism is. They never lived the lives and dealt with the true horrors of racism, that our ancestors had to live with their entire lives. They spit in the faces of all those that died in attempt to give them a better life in the name of equality.

We need to give this racist bull crap up. White, Black, Brown, Red, Yellow, Polka Dots, it doesn't make one wit of difference when the SHTF, and we are going to need each other, if we are going to get through what is coming.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Well played...I was going to post this if no one else had.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join