It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2ND Amendment idea: National Militia!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

These guys would be respected with awe when they entered a joint armed to the teeth ready to take on TERRORISTS, MAD KILLERS, and AND ANY OTHER CRIMINAL WHO PREYS ON THE PUBLIC.
Like a SWAT team? Upon what intelligence would they be acting? Or are they just going to be hanging around, all heavily armed and stuff. Everywhere.

Oh wait, I forgot. These guys are flawless, they cannot be corrupted.

edit on 11/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here is the name I envision.

Here it is folks the saviors of American society:

The American Freedom Militia!

The AFM

Or

The American Militia Force

The AMF

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

I would personally prefer that each state have their own military that protects the state and their people. If that happens to be from the federal government...so be it. Our government would NEVER agree to that for just that reason.

At least one state does Texas. its called the Texas State Guard.
And its not part of the Texas National Guard and not able to be called up by the federal government, only by the governor of Texas.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
first; many local areas have something called CERT (Community Emergency Response Team). They are the successor to the old Civil Defense groups. They exist to assist local authorities in emergencies (run shelters, search/rescue).
www.fema.gov...

many states of the equivalent of militias as a sort of backup to the National Guard, known collectively as State Defense Forces. In Maryland it's called the Maryland Defense Force.

the above do not carry weapons, so probably wouldn't satisfy the OP.

IIRC a few years ago there was a sort of semi-authorized national militia, called National Field Force, or something like that.
some branches caused a commotion with live-fire anti-terrorist exercises. this might be more like what the OP wants. sorry I can't remember the exact name / info.

edit; I think it was United States Special Field Force.

edit on 15-11-2015 by works4dhs because: add helpful info

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

There is a national militia but most are afraid of being targeted by the government. There are also "regional" militia made up of people who never actually get together or meet up but have an unwritten agreement to do so when the SHTF. I'd divulge more info that I know but frankly if you can't find them, I don't want to put the info out there, but they're not hard to find.
In California any group of more than 4 (or so, can't remember exactly) people doing "military style" training is considered a militia and is illegal...how then these Muslim training camps are allowed to operate is beyond me, but that's for another thread lol. So we train by ourselves, keep ourselves prepped and ready, and know in a SHTF scenario who to meet up with or who to contact.
edit on 11/16/2015 by AnonymousMoose because: derp

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Miltias are worthless. You need a well armed, well trained professional force and the US has plenty of those. If your threat is a poorly armed and trained gang then maybe a miltia would be of some help but, against any sort of modern force they are just a mob to drop a hellfire on. Law enforcement has more than enough fire power to deal with a terror attack. A mob of people running around shooting at everything is not a good idea.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm really not trying to cause a stir or be mean by saying this.. but it just popped into my head the moment I read the OP..

This whole thing just sounds like a hillbilly dream.. an excuse to.. you know.. merica!

On a serious note. I am a pretty far left winger.. however I am all for 2nd amendment right and beating arms. Guns are just too fun and too useful to be restricted.

That being said.

What this really sounds like to me is a terrorist organization. "Rebels"

A faction of citizens that "polices" and or "opposes" our countries will with threat of lethal force?

Nah.. I'll pass.

It's sounds cool and all.. but signing up for this is just an excuse to end up on the no fly list.

The right to forming a militia... or the need for one does have its place. That place is when the government oppressed and or kills it's citizens and we need to retaliate physically to protect our lives.

This group the way you have it defined will end up as a bunch of tea parties stirring crap up causing for focus money and attention on things it doesn't need to go to.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join