It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why SOME Forums were created!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
The vid below covers several topics, but one of them is something all forum users should be aware of.

The whole talk is extremely fascinating, but if you don't have the time skip along to 5:00

Richard Thieme talks about how he came up with "Real birds in digital cages"
Basically back in the early days of the internet he was employed to create websites that attacked for example The tobacco industry.
The purpose was to attract those who were awake, and hence contain them within the forum. They would be like Real birds in digital cages. They could flap their wings and skwark to each other, but in essence they would be contained within the forum.

Skip along to 11:30 to hear why the police become part of the Borg.
good point. always test the cages strength tho. even if they censor forums, keep stating facts, when they ban you just make a new name
for the good of humanity.
edit on 13-11-2015 by HorusChrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I was in that room, for this recording.
Was back in 2012.

Anyone who enjoyed this, I strongly suggest you watch as many of the defcon and security conference recordings as you can find.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: VoidHawk

Why would this site be immune to having plants among the ranks?

To be candid, at times I've wondered if the cyber attacks on this site aren't self inflicted to bolster the mystique of Above Top Secret.

None of us know the answer to that so lets not go there! Unless of course you want to see the thread deleted?
if they delete the thread, just repost it!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
have you guys heard of the dark web, I think it is a setup, I went there with Tor and found a conspiracy theory site but it is censored like all the regular ones, no difference.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I was in that room, for this recording.
Was back in 2012.

Anyone who enjoyed this, I strongly suggest you watch as many of the defcon and security conference recordings as you can find.

I agree! Apart from being extremely interesting, its an absolute pleasure to listen to very smart people.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeeTheFnords

Edited after finishing
www.thiemeworks.com...
His website.
"Everything is Business Model". & Yes, I hope his let's him eat.
More to add later,perhaps.

Hi Fnords, thanks for including the link

Checking out his webby right now, will post here if I find anything interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join