It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Meldrum Is Not The Only One Criticizing History Channel's Bigfoot Captured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Dr. Meldrum Is Not The Only One Criticizing History Channel's Bigfoot Captured

Still don’t believe that anyone takes a program like Bigfoot Captured seriously? Okay, let me just go check Twitter for 30 seconds, hold on…
Idk if thats a legit #bigfoot or not, but if it is…Holy #!!! #BigfootCaptured — Ron Nopwasky (@ronnopwasky03) November 10, 2015

So im watching this show where they actually caught a bigfoot but like i still cant decide if this is real or not — TheMotorCityMadMan (@TGiovannazzo) November 10, 2015

So apparently Bigfoot has been captured. Is this real? @HistoryChannelX — Kaitlyn (@kaitlyn_beck) November 10, 2015

If you don't think Bigfoot is real, you're an idiot — Caleb Davis (@caleb_davis21) November 10, 2015

I have no doubt in my mind that Bigfoot is real — Jack Kelly (@_juicyjack) November 10, 2015

#BigfootCaptured puts an end to all doubt! Bigfoot is REAL. A species of gigantopithecus. — Chad (@ChadJones_) November 10, 2015

Now is it the fault of a channel for the gullibility of the viewers. I watched this show knowing full well it was for entertainment and it even started the show stating this.

I find these types of show entertaining..why stop them because there are fools in this world.

If so...Fox should be stopped also..

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

It gets them ratings, and sadly as you can see (read) some people actually believe it.

History / Discovery / Science channel's have all gone down significantly in substantial programming, but I prefer a mockumentary over some Fox and American Idol any day so screw it!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I didn't know this was a thing.

Is it like the Mermaid mockumentary of a few years ago?

If so, I must watch it. So silly yet sooooo entertaining.

Side Note: I was with my kid in Toys R Us the other day and there is an Animal Planet section. A typical toy set includes say, a marine biologist with a truck fitted with a tank and a small orca.

However, I noticed they had a set that included a dude in a safari suit with a truck and a Bigfoot. How awesome is that? When my kid is old enough... we are totally getting that.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
But Matt Moneymaker just tweeted 4 days ago if you hear bigfoot noises turn off your lights and blast pink Floyd. True story.

If u r hearing BF sounds near your property: Turn off lights & blast this old Pink Floyd song. C if they react 2 it: youtu.be...

Link
edit on 11-11-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Dr. Meldrum is on the program. So, is he being critical of himself?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If it's real we won't get it in a cage but a body bag. Personally I wouldn't want to screw with any large simian beast, but if I did I would be armed and shooting first asking questions later. Human realitive or not if it fits the big foot profile it would have the potential to seriously ruin you day. The kinda day that ends with your arm being ripped off and you being beat with the damp end and then ripped in half at the waste and tossed about 15 feet up into a tree.

I lean towards it not existing at all. Oh and I hate mockumenties.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
In the beginning of the show it stated "Portions of this show are dramatized." After watching it I would say over 75% of it was fake. Of course the 3d printed model was real along with the thermal imaging drone that Meldrum did, but besides the occasional video they lifted from the internet, the rest was B.S.

I can't believe someone thought the Bigfoot capture was real. So they carried all that bar steel and a welder in their backpack that was used to build the giant cage? I laughed out loud when the guy was like "Well, we just finished the cage..."

What about when the lady was being chased, and you watched the Bigfoot closing in from behind, but then she fell only to damage the camera and loose the recording we had just watched. How does that work exactly?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Mockumentaries are very successful in fooling people to believe anything. I know well educated people who believed mermaids and megalodons are alive and well swimming in the ocean after watching these programs. When shows like these air on the Discovery Channel they believe it's all fact.

These mockumentaries give great insight to how easy people can be manipulated. I'm sure the CIA is paying attention to how many believe in them.
edit on 12-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
We can all act together to stop the "docu-tainment" bull#.

Simply don't watch it. No matter how hard it is: refuse to watch the stuff.

Starve the creatures that create it.

That's all i got...

Except for maybe this: there are two ways to break a system. You can either starve it, or over-feed it.

edit on 12-11-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I don't blame Dr. Meldrum as he was duped. History channel, Discovery TLC, have all gone the way of entertainment only. Anything worth a ____ is puled off any of these and more cable channels being replaced by these shows. Sadly the mainstream to even those unaware of what these channels are pulling now doesn't always know better, many might believe it. Can't stop the net which is taking over dinosaur TV. These channels will find out soon enough even with their fail approach.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
it's tv shows like this which i believe TPTB guage the current stupidity of people, by ananlyzing related social media data.
once the stupidity level gets to the accepted mark we will see an event take place on the scale of "you've got to be #ting me" to "you cant be f***ing serious" but all the dumbed down retards will be howling in terror.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Mockumentaries are very successful in fooling people to believe anything. I know well educated people who believed mermaids and megalodons are alive and well swimming in the ocean after watching these programs. When shows like these air on the Discovery Channel they believe it's all fact.

These mockumentaries give great insight to how easy people can be manipulated. I'm sure the CIA is paying attention to how many believe in them.

Tell me about it. I used to love History Channel when I was in high school. They had these incredible documentaries over Napoleon, Hitler, and other historical conquerors.

Now them and Discovery Channel are absolute crap. That mermaid crap, the Megalodon crap, & Ancient Aliens are inexcusable. And now they're going to have gullible people thinking "Bigfoot" has been caught.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Disclaimer: Of course all of the below are just my opinions...

My two cents...

I'm old I guess but when I was a kid of elementary school age.... Discovery was a magazine, not a channel. Same for National Geographic. The History channel wasn't a thing either (although we were poor and didn't get cable tv until much later on, so I might be wrong about that).

I say that to say this....

For better or worse, when I was a kid, watching a documentary about space exploration, ufo's or dinosaurs was a very, VERY rare thing (to the best of my memory, almost exclusively on the PBS show NOVA). Not only was it very rare but it was a BIG deal (at least from a kid's perspective). I remember by brother and I literally counting down the days and hours to see an entire hour (maybe two) of space, ufo's or dinosaurs.

Now...

Just as the 24 hour news channels have sort of dumbed things down, so has the 24 hour "learning" channels.

The series Ancient Aliens should have been a single documentary based on that Chariots of the Gods book (although I think there may have been one way back when). Not a series that essentially says EVERYTHING is aliens!!! Even the things that contradict the other things. It's just not fun or mysterious anymore... at all.

Then all of the "reality" shows on these channels. My goodness gracious. Shows about some hillbillies making moonshine or living in the bush. THAT is what these channels have become? (I would have to say though, that I am a huge Survivorman fan, for whatever that means. Les Straud is the real deal).

Even Shark Week (which also used to be something to look forward to) sucks now. I can't entirely blame them (except for that Megaladon debacle) because there isn't just that much new discovered about sharks in a given 12 month period to really report anything exciting.

As I admitted earlier, I thought that the Mermaid mockumentary was silly but at least entertaining because it was so ridiculous (and I never stopped to think that people out there would actually believe it's real.... which actually doesn't surprise me).

I'm sure there are some quality shows/documentaries on the "learning" channels, but to be candid, I really wouldn't know because I don't even bother flipping to those channels these days. I had my fill of their flavor of garbage some time ago.

edit on 12-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
am i the only one confused by the fact that the history channel runs episodes of ancient aliens? i never learned about any aliens in world history except as a side note.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Well, if it was anything like that mermaid nonsense they did, I could see people being mislead. That one, I didn't see anything stating it wasn't real, till way into the titles, and then in very small print. Sad, really. Something like that, they need to state is not real, at the start, and at each return from a commercial break. Otherwise, people won't know.

Lest you claim they should, were people supposed to assume the footage of giant squid being caught, finally was fake? The History Channel should know better.

I do hope, at least, that this one was more entertaining than the mermaid thing. That was just really bad.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

1. I agree completely. I don't even think those channels are meant for education anymore, just for entertainment. Now the content has nothing to do with History or Discoveries, except perhaps "Modern Marvels" which briefly explains a technology or product's history. (Though I love some of the nature shows & astronomy shows on some of the other "educational" networks.)

2. You'd be surprised how many people believed those mermaid shows. I actually got angry having to explain to co-workers at the time that it was fake. Especially the ones who were semi-recent immigrants, since English was usually their 2rd, 3rd, or 4th language. A lot of metaphors & figures of speech don't translate well, especially when talking about myths and legends.

It didn't help that we'd already had huge discussions about robotics (like Honda's Asimo), & environmental modification, which were equally unbelievable to them. So once they accepted those things, the mermaid shows seemed far more believable. As in, "Wow! The world truly is vast!", and I'm like "No! But mermaids are fake though!"

3. And then there's Ancient Aliens... Hmmm... How do I put it? I don't hate them for making the show. It can be entertaining, especially if you like mysteries & are tired of predictable movies. However, I think the show was more successful than they expected it to be. So perhaps they had to keep creating more & more content to satisfy their contractual obligations?

Of course, the historian and explorer in me are furious at them for the show. I feel like it completely disrespects the cultures, knowledge, and technology of our predecessors. To me, it seems like they're saying that people in the past were too stupid to create those structures, cities, etc. It would be like people 1000 years from now saying our computers & turbines were created by ancient demons because we were too stupid to create them ourselves. On the other hand, it's pretty funny to see them twist every single thing into an alien conspiracy.

And I don't even know what to think about the upcoming "Bigfoot Captured" show. I just hope my nieces & nephews don't see it because I don't know if they'll believe it or not.

new topics

top topics

join