It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Woman Asks: 'You Really Want Me In The Same Bathroom As Your Husband?'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Trans Woman Asks: 'You Really Want Me In The Same Bathroom As Your Husband?'

One trans woman in Chicago, Illinois, is making a bold, tongue-in-cheek statement in response to Houston, Texas, voters striking down proposed legislation this week that would extend nondiscrimination protections to the LGBT community, including enabling trans people to use bathrooms that correspond with their gender identity.

Kelly Lauren, a transgender woman who has performed as a drag entertainer for 37 years, shared the following photo on her Facebook account Wednesday with the caption "Houston, do you REALLY want me in the same restroom as your husband or boyfriend?"
Mathew Mills

Lauren decided to share the photo after Houston failed to pass Houston's Equal Rights Ordinance, also known as HERO, which would have prevented discrimination on the basis of race, age, military status, disability and 11 other categories.

Much of the anti-HERO ad campaign involved fear-mongering tactics that aimed to induce anxiety in voters about transgender people using the bathrooms that correspond with their gender identity.

So recently Houston struck down a bill that would extend rights to transgender people called the bathroom bill. The bill would allow transgender people to go to the bathroom that they identify with. Clearly this upset much of Houston, and a big smear campaign was ran against this bill. As a response, this transgender lady, Kelly Lauren, posted this picture of her in a men's bathroom asking women in Houston if they wanted her to share the bathroom with their husbands.

I've posted the picture below. The best part? There is a guy totally checking her out while he is peeing.

+50 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
It looks like Joan Rivers.

I think it should have its own bathroom...problem solved.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It is an abomination upon the Lord! See how it is wearing red. That is a sign of Pazuzu's possession. Praise The Lord!
edit on 6-11-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

+62 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I call hoax. Whoever saw a men's room that clean before?

+32 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It looks like Joan Rivers.

I think it should have its own bathroom...problem solved.

Are you trying to be funny by using the pronoun "it"? Is it REALLY so hard to call her a "she"?

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Agreed, and what gives him/her the right to peer at others in the bathroom. This is the biggest part of the problem for folks, not bigotry. I use the restroom to go to the bathroom not be peeped by someone overly attached to sexuality of any bent. He/ she needs to grow up and use the bathroom like an adult. Is she/he implying that he/she will be able to bend a womans husband to her will sexually? Then the peoples fears seem well founded since thats the attitude she/he is purveying.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Meh, in Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia for instance, there are ladyboys who make actual beautiful women look like actual troglodytes so.....it's all in the perception and given that that sexual attraction is mostly physical, they destroy the competition.

I would have no problem sharing the piss-trough with this individual, if anything, it would make the conversation and ensuing shenanigans quite the night!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes and if I saw the Virginia Slims lady in there posing down, I'd find another bathroom.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Yes and if I saw the Virginia Slims lady in there posing down, I'd find another bathroom.

Meh. It does not really bother me that much.

I grew up just outside of Manhattan and the things I saw at Peter Gatien's clubs in my party days make this photo look like something out of Family Circle.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yea, they even have beauty pageants for transwomen there, and man some are gorgeous. I won't lie there. I've seen the pictures.

Though would it REALLY be such a problem to allow that lady to use the women's bathroom?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

if you have ever taken a shower in a public facility, school physical education locker room, local fitness club, or work place shower, you have been looked at by a same sex person in a sexual manner.

knowing this, i think, what's the big deal?

who cares?
i don't.

people are the same all over the world. we all have the same needs and desires. one of the biggest is to love and be loved in return.

it doesn't matter if you are gay, straight, poly, trans, or anything. we are all human who all share the same rights.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Totally understand, but again some people are not as comfortable as you and they deserve the privacy they desire as much as anyone. I personally, just wanna have a wiz and leave.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Totally understand, but again some people are not as comfortable as you and they deserve the privacy they desire as much as anyone. I personally, just wanna have a wiz and leave.

I hear you. I have not been in many restrooms that do not have stalls so someone getting the willies from someone starring at their willy can use those.

And we all know straight guys try to cop a peek at the urinals too.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
So anyone should now be able to just simply dress as the opposite sex and be permitted to enter the corresponding bathroom according to your attire? Sounds like a great idea, I can't see any potential for abuse here.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
So anyone should now be able to just simply dress as the opposite sex and be permitted to enter the corresponding bathroom according to your attire? Sounds like a great idea, I can't see any potential for abuse here.

Did you look at that picture? That lady isn't JUST dressing as the opposite sex here.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

And all transgenders don't look or act like that. I have seen transgender/crossdressers that have 5'oclock shadows at 10am and are basically just men dressed in women's clothing. What is to stop a fetish freak from dressing as a woman just to gain access to the women's bathroom under the guise of being a "transgender" just to get a sneak peek or worse?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

She doesn't.

But I can recall hearing of a handful of stories over the last few years of guys throwing on dresses and saying "I'm a woman and I want to use the women's locker room at the pool." There was one where I used to live that did exactly that.

I'm honestly on the fence about this. On the one hand, I can totally see it being acceptable for a person like in the article using the bathroom of the gender they identify as. On the other hand, there's still a reasonable chance for abuse of the issue.

No, I don't imagine most women would want her using the men's room. But no, I don't imagine most people want a man with stubble and hairy legs running around the women's room because he threw on a dress and said "I identify as a woman."

It's a fixable problem, I'm willing to bet. I sure don't have the answer though.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If you wanna stand there and watch me urinate, come on in. The resulting feeling of inadequacy is your problem.
Kidding!..........just kidding.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

Agreed, and what gives him/her the right to peer at others in the bathroom. This is the biggest part of the problem for folks, not bigotry. I use the restroom to go to the bathroom not be peeped by someone overly attached to sexuality of any bent. He/ she needs to grow up and use the bathroom like an adult. Is she/he implying that he/she will be able to bend a womans husband to her will sexually? Then the peoples fears seem well founded since thats the attitude she/he is purveying.

Do you think that's a photo of her in an actual mens bathroom engaging in her average bathroom behavior? The point is would you feel comfortable standing at the urinal if a woman walked in? Or would you be paranoid she would peak at your willy?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

To be honest, what's to stop someone from doing that now? Even dressed as a guy, I can walk in the women's bathroom just as easily as the men's bathroom.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join