It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism? By whom?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
I'm white and I've been stopped many times by police while walking. It's what cops do. They always ask for ID as well. She's just looking to be a victim.

Never heard of "looking to be a victim" holding up in court.

To the OP

I didn't see anything racist here, the stop was warranted. The police acted professionally.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yet another piece of crap video to add to the pile of videos reinforcing racist views.

"That damn black lady playing the race card! It makes me so mad against them there blacks!" - Or whatever emotion they are stirring in the public today.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: TsukiLunar

You came here just to troll the thread, acting like a conservative and saying snide remarks, you continued by derailing, I'm sick of you and to whoever gave you stars they need to post and come out of the shadows, explain what position of yours they actually agree with, because as far as i can tell you should be post banned for your activity in this thread.

I am starring TsukiLunar's posts. I did not know I should make a post to note that, yet I am. I have grown too tired of trying to participate in topics like this. This video may not be clear one way or the other, but the amount of OPs and videos put up that lead to many people here, like broken records, trying to show black people as attention seeking opportunists---has become offensive.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

i have just re-watched the video ,there are no weights in her hands!!!!!!

at 1.04 mins she opens her right hand and you can clearly see she has nothing in her hand,
you made me doubt my first statement,but i re-checked - nice try

edit on 5-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by stuthealien because: 1,04

edit on 5-11-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

So.....is the lesson here that if you're a white cop.......you shouldn't speak to black people? Because if it is then I'm all up with that. How difficult is it for white cops to leave black people alone?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
"I was stopped for walking!"

Yes. Yes you were. You were stopped for walking in the middle of the road, with traffic. Instead of using the sidewalk 30 feet to your left, facing oncoming traffic.

And then you pulled the race card. I have to wonder if the race card would've been pulled if the dashcam showed her being run over by somebody instead of this interaction.

Wait. No, I don't have to wonder.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'm not saying she didn't overreact.

On the other hand she was just working out on what looks like a sparsely travelled residential street and two cops stop her and "ask" her to produce ID.

You know a large number of members here would be aggravated by that without even adding in the race component.

If the police have nothing better to do than hassle people for walking on the wrong side of the street there must not be much going on in that town at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

So.....is the lesson here that if you're a white cop.......you shouldn't speak to black people? Because if it is then I'm all up with that. How difficult is it for white cops to leave black people alone?

The lesson here from your comment which racially profiles white officers harassing black people is that there is a double standard when it comes to racism in this country.

The problem with this double standard has nothing to do about being fair , whining , or points. Its about realizing that as long as you have a double standard which is acceptable by the masses, racism will not be overcome.

Racism is wrong no matter who is the victim or the villain.

edit on 201130America/ChicagoThu, 05 Nov 2015 08:20:58 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Yet another piece of crap video to add to the pile of videos reinforcing racist views.

So you are thinking that she racially profiled the cops because they were white and assumed that they were racist with no prove to suggest otherwise?

"That damn black lady playing the race card! It makes me so mad against them there blacks!" - Or whatever emotion they are stirring in the public today.

Actually the MSM is doing the opposite. They are very one sided when it comes to racism . The problem with that is that as long as people don't accept that there are issues on both sides, racism will not be overcome.

Your view to assume its about being mad at "them there blacks" is narrow minded at best. The Black community has a lot to be angry about , but they also need to hold themselves accountable when it comes to racism. It was not only the white man that sold and acquired slaves. In Africa tribe wars allowed opposing black tribes to sell their captured black slaves to the white man.

However, more importantly this one sided racist card creates a villain and victim mentality and nobody likes to be either one. This creates tension and degrades the anti racism progress that has been made. The only thing that this one sided finger pointing does is create a diversion and keep the people fighting among themselves while our gov't and Oligopolies rob us blind.

So no, being a minority myself and having been discriminated first hand in a prominent white community this thread is not about "them there blacks" , its about caring about overcoming racism in this country and seeing the harm this one sided racist card is causing.

edit on 411130America/ChicagoThu, 05 Nov 2015 08:41:42 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

You know a large number of members here would be aggravated by that without even adding in the race component.

Absolutely, but the officers were supposedly doing their job as another civilian reported that she nearly got hit by a truck and they went by protocol according to the police chief and video. To assume that only black people get harassed by the police is naive at best and she should have not taken what appears to be the easy road and associated it as a racist incident.

Plenty of white people get harassed by the cops. Perhaps if we remove the racial component from police interactions we could really fix some of these harassment issues and police brutality that occurs with all race .

edit on 241130America/ChicagoThu, 05 Nov 2015 08:24:06 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yeah, professors like this are why I cringe at the thought of my son going to college in about 6 years...I only imagine this type of behavior getting worse.

I remember the crap that used to come out of some of my professors' mouths while I was getting my BFA in graphic design...and that was just the stuff that they felt comfortable saying in a professional setting. Many of their Facebook pages have really bad political things on them, IMO.

(post by RichardCorbn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RichardCorbn

Good luck in your short stay, don't let the door hit you..

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

what the hell is wrong with you.

is it because i stated she looked like she was on drugs flapping her arms like a bird walking along a road on the wrong side ,and that a english policemen would of stopped her to check her for her own safety?????????????
or the fact i proved she did not have any weights?????????

whats up do you not like the truth?????????
and from the tone of your post maybe your suggesting i'm a rascist well tell that to my rasta friends and see what you get!!!

(maybe a mod should be present in this thread)
edit on 5-11-2015 by stuthealien because: mod

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

She was walking 🚶 like a bird 🐦 flapping it's wings.

NEGRO, Black, African Americans demand extra care especially from White Caucasian Officers.

Seriously? Unfortunately there are plenty of racist and ignorant counter parts on all sides , and your post appears to reinforce that logic.

edit on 421130America/ChicagoThu, 05 Nov 2015 09:42:50 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I am starring TsukiLunar's posts. I did not know I should make a post to note that, yet I am. I have grown too tired of trying to participate in topics like this. This video may not be clear one way or the other, but the amount of OPs and videos put up that lead to many people here, like broken records, trying to show black people as attention seeking opportunists---has become offensive.

She's an individual. How you equate the criticism of an individual person to a criticism of "black people" is worse than offensive, it's dishonest and absurd.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: TonyS

The lesson here from your comment which racially profiles white officers harassing black people is that there is a double standard when it comes to racism in this country.

The problem with this double standard has nothing to do about being fair , whining , or points. Its about realizing that as long as you have a double standard which is acceptable by the masses, racism will not be overcome.

Racism is wrong no matter who is the victim or the villain.

Well put! However, its probably considered racist to imply there's a double standard, which means of course that in a sense, racism in the US will never be overcome. So, about the only thing people can, realistically do about racism in the US is avoid it. Ferguson provides us with something of an example. One of the primary complaints that came out of Ferguson was that what with the near 100% white police department and Sheriffs department, Blacks in Ferguson, (and they made up 2/3 of the population) felt like they lived with an occupying army in their midst. In a sense, they were right. So they've insisted upon a police force that reflects the racial makeup of the community. I think that's entirely reasonable. I also expect that as time goes on, Policing Departments across the country are going to come to respect the rights of African Americans by taking the approach that if someone sees a Black person breaking the law, the Police Department will dispatch Black Police Officers to handle the situation.

Frankly, I don't see that as unreasonable, and I see it as a way for there to be avoidance of actual or implied racism.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The whole "police departments should reflect the racial makeup of the towns they police" always confused me.

What do you suggest if Ferguson PD (or any other PD) cannot find enough willing black candidates that want to be, or are qualified to be police officers?

Force them?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Surprised you didn't touch on the "black cops deal with black suspects" angle, bro.

Yes, because black people treat black cops so well. They never call them Uncle Tom, or race traitors, or tell them how they just work for the white man.

And that doesn't even touch on what happens when there's no "black cop" available. Just let them do whatever they're doing?

"Somebody is breaking in to your house?. Is he white or black? He's black? Sorry, we don't have any black officers free. Good luck to you!"

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Very valid point about the way many treat black officers.

My first phase FTO was (is) a black guy. One of the nicest, most talented officers I know.

I will never forget the first day we ventured into our local "hood."

We got a call for a disturbance at a house. We walk up to front door to begin our investigation and there are several black teenagers sitting out front. Before we even say anything I was called a "racist cracka." They then start calling my FTO a "sellout, uncle tom, house n***a, etc."

He went off on them. I remember him saying something along the lines of "it's 2006 and you're 18, what do you know about oppression."

It was epic.

edit on 5-11-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join