It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism? By whom?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
a reply to: TsukiLunar

can you not see that from behind she looked to be on something flapping her arms like a bird,and if she was on drugs walking on the wrong side of the road which could of endangered her life
now i dont know what your problems are with other posters in this thread,but she clearly needed to be checked for her safety.
so why are you going off on one exactly??????????????????

On top of that : she was covered from head (hoody) to toe from the back , I don't even see how the officer would have known she was black until they talked to her face to face from that video.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

This what some people deal with sometimes. I don't Feel the need to pass judgment on every situation that comes up before me. More than that, I don't always have the need to insist I'm right even though it is impossible to Tell .

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's funny, some people believe in ghosts and gods. But things we know to exist, concepts we understand like racism are immediately written off as Impossibilities. It is entirely possible that racism was not involved. On the flipside, those two cops could be the most racist son of a Guns in the world and they might be just good at hiding it.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Ok,but just like with anything we gauge things with the best available evidence, and with the best available evidence in THIS case, these police are not acting out of racism but in the interest of public safety, and they are executing functions of their duty's, and she is the one acting belligerent. You are doing logical loops to try to remain relevant, for a point which eludes everyone, and also whilst derailing the thread and trolling, well done.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

hhahahahahhahahahhaha are you sure its not you who is the rascist,because ive never encountered you before and thats the impression i get from your posts,did you even consider my post!!!!

link   

Ya I get the SOP thing.
And since they say she impeded traffic it does add a reason but then they also say the stop was more about her safety and to tell her to walk on the other side.

Either way, she made it out to be more then it was.

link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

This what some people deal with sometimes. I don't Feel the need to pass judgment on every situation that comes up before me. More than that, I don't always have the need to insist I'm right even though it is impossible to Tell .

Thats the premise of the thread, why even comment if not interested?

Do you not agree she passed judgement on the officers and possibly put their live at risk by photo bombing their pictures on social media in this day of age when we have racial and police tension. All without any conclusive proof on her side.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

can you not see that from behind she looked to be on something flapping her arms like a bird,and if she was on drugs walking on the wrong side of the road which could of endangered her life
now i dont know what your problems are with other posters in this thread,but she clearly needed to be checked for her safety.
so why are you going off on one exactly??????????????????

Can you not see from the video that she has weights in her hands?

Flapping her hands like a bird is by far not the weirdest workout routine I've seen by far.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

But things we know to exist, concepts we understand like racism are immediately written off as Impossibilities.

Nobody is writing off racism in this case, but rather with whom. In actuality its suggested by the journalist (Title: Racism? By whom? ) that perhaps the racist one was the Black professor or does that not fit into your reality of possibilities?

It is entirely possible that racism was not involved

True , perhaps it was miscommunication or interpretation of the situation as the article goes into. However, in that case she is still wrong because she blasted the officers and painted them as racist with no evidence.

On the flipside, those two cops could be the most racist son of a Guns in the world and they might be just good at hiding it.

True , but if they followed procedures properly and did nothing wrong in this case would it matter that they also worshipped satan or believed in unicorns?

edit on 171130America/ChicagoWed, 04 Nov 2015 23:17:13 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Did I not acknowledge my own non opinion of their motivations?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Well said! It's easier to always blame someone or something else for any perceived shortcomings in your life. No one likes to look in the mirror first.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You make a valid point about the potential of the officers not even knowing her race until coming face to face with her.

I can only speak for myself, but 9 times out of 10 I didn't know the race of the person I pulled over during a traffic stop.

Reasons why,

1. It was difficult to make out race and even sex through a window (especially in Florida due to dark tint).
2. I was always hyper focused on running the license plate correctly to make sure the vehicle wasn't stolen.
3. I was also focused on calling out the correct location of my stop.
4. Also, I was always focused on pulling over in a safe place to prevent myself and the violator from being struck by a vehicle.

The last thing I was worried about was race.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

In this case, she's the one being racist. Her race cannot be clearly seen from the back, with the hooded jacket and all, and was clearly not an issue. The issue was, she was walking in the street, instead of on the nice wide sidewalks, and walking on the wrong side, so she cold not see traffic. In fact, they state that she blocked a vehicle before they showed up, and she seemed to be utterly oblivious to their car as well. All they did was let her know that wasn't safe, and was not legal, as pedestrians in the street should walk facing traffic. Anyone that walks in a town should know this. It really is a serious safety issue. All considered, I wonder if she didn't set this up, just to have a reason to complain. Taking their picture, and her attitude from the start were, in any case, clearly against the police, and she's the only one that seems to have a race issue here.

Shameful. She's a professor? No wonder the country is in trouble.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Did I not acknowledge my own non opinion of their motivations?

Interesting,

So you have no opinion on the motivations of the people being discussed in the topic of the thread. Yet you have opinions on the motivation of the ATS members?

I will bet you are hundred bucks that all the same people show up in this thread to talk about race even though they claim to not care a bit about it. Technoman up there is just the first.

Funnier is that here you are claiming to not care about it ,but yet continue to post. So are you trolling or are you one of the same people that you betted against?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

You came here just to troll the thread, acting like a conservative and saying snide remarks, you continued by derailing, I'm sick of you and to whoever gave you stars they need to post and come out of the shadows, explain what position of yours they actually agree with, because as far as i can tell you should be post banned for your activity in this thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Such open hostilities in this thread. Oh well, I suppose it's to be expected when underlying issues are brought forth. People feel strongly about different things, I suppose. If you wanna get all mad and accuse people of trolling just because you can't hang, be my guest.

My opinion of these people is i don't know them. I'm not their psychologist.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The reason you are being accused of trolling by several members is because you keep stating that you don't care and you posted several post that had nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

So lets get back on topic:

1. can it be considered stereotyping or racially profiling when falsely accusing someone of being racist just because they are a different race?

2. Was the professor wrong to publish such an article and post the officers face on social media without providing any proof to back up her claims?

edit on 491130America/ChicagoWed, 04 Nov 2015 23:49:02 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What's most worrying is that idiots like these are teaching our kids.... I can just imagine what black ed is like in these universities. Blacks are the most racist of all

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I do not care what country you live in and what your skin colour , if you walk down the road with your back to the traffic flapping your arms you are gunna get stopped . In fact if you were acting like this in Australia you might find yourself being checked out by a mental health professional .

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Use the sidewalks and police most likely won't bother you or will they? Depends on the police i guess. This case seems like a non-issue if it didn't get blown out of proportion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join