It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Is An Illusion Created By Our Consciousness, Says Quantum Physics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

Consciousness cannot experience not existing and time isn't as straightforward as first thought so therefore the fact you are aware means you will always be aware.

Thank you for posting, I like your idea.

You may be right, I also have a strong feeling that I have been reincarnated many times on earth.

I believe for us to reach higher dimension we have to learn many life lessons. In this life it took me over 40 years to learn to forgive.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Is this what you experienced as well? It is a real eye opener no matter what a persons philosophy might be at the time. Of course no one believed me when I told them about it, but that was back in the 70's..

I believe you.

I have read many stories on the NDE websites and many people have experience the same thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jim Scott
I think there is enough evidence that reincarnation and "aliens" are about demonic forces. However, the spirit of man is made when he is in his mother's womb, and does not exist beforehand. That's in the Bible, at Zech 12:1.

Where?

English Standard Version
The oracle of the word of the LORD concerning Israel: Thus declares the LORD, who stretched out the heavens and founded the earth and formed the spirit of man within him:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I have always enjoyed the hypothesis that we never really experience death (unless it is something we want to experience, in an illusional and temporary way).

Like that perhaps, our consciousness simply switches to another reality or timeline, sometimes never having any hint that there was a change - except some tiny changes in the environment maybe.

I thought of that once when I was in a plane that suffered some trouble and we thought we were going to die. After a scary landing, my son looked at me and said, "You know, I feel different? Did we die? Like maybe we did, and we don't know it?"

That got my brain going. Maybe there was a reality in which our relatives attended our memorial service? (I hope they got a lot of money from the airline company!
). And here we are interacting with their dopplegangers in this reality.
Or maybe it happened several times in this life alone!

I once read a famous account of someone who saw auras all the time. One day she was going to get in an elevator, but when it opened, there were several people in it, and she stopped in surprise because none of them had an aura! She had never een that before, and it so troubled her she didn't get on it. The doors closed, and the elevator cord broke, killing all the people inside.

I kept thinking -what if their consciousness had already checked out before the accident? There was just their subconscious or body consciousness keeping the machines going at that point. The self aware consciousness might have been in a parallel reality already....
edit on 3-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

The big question is who is running the show? Whhere do we go next? Will our next lives be upgrades?

I believe that depends on your own Consciousness, and how many life lessons one has learned.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I believe so.

Its all about Focus. Its like infinite realms and possibiliites exist for real, anything you can think of. But you focus. To me we enter into a movie, your life is mapped out already. At a certain point you may notice that you experience coincidences and start to meditate and yearn for what you really wish, and positive changes in your life, before sleep and focus. Your consciousness shifts. All the things you can imagine are real, all possibilities exist. You're focusing on another set of realities and you can emphasize this. Thats akin to law of attraction or affinity basically. Mind over matter. We're to change the movie script in a positive way, and grow out of the repeat cycle. And help others, be kind.

Death is akin to shifting focus as well. Parts of it are scripted into the play, so it may go dark, and then there is a tunnel, etc. Like others share who recall this, but its still all about focus, mind, consciousness and what we choose to enbable. In a sense we're enableers here and need to withdraw that.

Maybe if more would become less afraid of death or understand that its not the final curtain on awareness, then they may be more concerned with not living more and withdrawing support for those ruining life for everyone here. And more concerned at nudging others free as well.

Thats how I see it.

Science usually makes mistakes in trying to determine the cause factors of what is noted. And they don't know the cause factors . If a list of things do a similar effect, then its only opinion as to cause. Also, if certain cause and effects are listed in one medium, a small eddy in a body of water say, that is cut off by appearance from the whole with boundaries, so its inhabitants don't know its part of an even bigger pond, that is a part of an even bigger lake, via stream other boundaries, that is a part of something until it reaches the ocean, and that the cause and effect they're looking for is something that only has answers in the ocean say, then they're not going to be able to list fully the possible causes.

That's why NDE's are more important to me than their opionated summaries of their studies and data collections, except when they are honest and publish the bits of data that don't support the usual mainstream causes offered up, which are always the view of one person another, subjective not objective.

At least NDE's are experiences. And that can be itemized and collected.

As to differences in NDE's, to me that goes back to our Focus, in infinity, we're creating our next steps. Which is why we should be withdrawing more and more from the media content and start to use empowered imagination in positive ways to yearn for a world that is more like what we wish our next steps to be. And when something negative happens, or is surrounding us or our health is failing, seeing it differently. Going to the other side of the bed with imaging, focus, altering what we believe is possible and changing our focus and minds is something that can change our days and the world around us. Both in terms of drawing in miracles and inspiration for action, work or projects.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I kept thinking -what if their consciousness had already checked out before the accident? There was just their subconscious or body consciousness keeping the machines going at that point. The self aware consciousness might have been in a parallel reality already....

I do believe there are parallel realities.

I read many books and papers where our military are studying time travel and have invested some machines. According to some accounts there were reports of different realities, such as Hitler really won the war during WWII.

Also in another reality the South won the civil War according to some participants in these programs.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There has been a book written My Life after Death by Erik Medhus , Channeling Erik is the webpage

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
When we die, we die. There is nothing else. Of course, people cling to all sorts of implausible and irrational concepts, whether it be from religion, or 'new age', or esoteric tradition, many people want there to be a post-mortem continuation of the mental life. Yet, on analysis, there is no plausible way consciousness can continue. The physical body, with all its modular systems working together, provide both the energy and vessel for the entity that emerges out of infancy through to adulthood.

During the time that I once chose to accept the possibility of an 'afterlife', I likened the physical body as an incubator for the entity we each are, and that death would release that entity into a new form of existence, but it was all wishful thinking. The entity you are is retained in memory, and as that is destroyed at death, there is no way that it can be retained whole and cohesive and aware, because there is no energy to energise it, and no vessel to carry it.

Death really is the end for each us. Life allows only for a brief moment of self-awareness and then it is utterly snuffed out. Just as you had no existence prior to your conception, after your death, you will equally have no existence, except as a memory or an image in a photograph carried by some of those you knew. No matter how you try to rationalise it, there is no continuation after physical death.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I believe we have consciousness even after our physical body dies..Mainly cause we hear many stories ancient/new of the afterlife visiting loved ones after death etc.

I think it's because our universe uses all its energy from the source and recycling every bit of it to maintain a physical reality or Matrix scenario, that would mean we are eternal/immortal or some day be given another body with our soul even if we don't look the same in the new body our soul is the same..Hope that was on topic?.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

I just wrote you a U2U.... hope you'll give it a peak.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Irish physicist John Stuart Bell showed in what has become known as 'Bell's Theorem' that any two atoms, once having encountered each other, will FOREVER be connected or have an influence on each other, regardless of their location or distance from each other. This universal connection is outside the realm of cause and effect. Physicists consider cause/effect to be bounded by the speed of light. The effect Bell describes is superluminal- faster than the speed of light.

The implication of Bell's Theorem is profound. It implies what the Mystic states: the universe is connected, there is no true separation, what occurs 'here' may instantly have an effect on 'there'. Bell's work indicates an effect that is outside of causation, outside of process, outside of time. It indicates a quality which is described by science, but cannot be explained by science. Science has gone past its own understanding.

• Doing Nothing- Coming to the End of the Spiritual Search. Steven Harrison pg.116-117

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Thanks for sharing your story.

I don't think death is an illusion of anything. I do believe in an afterlife and I know that the soul/consciousness/spirit is a very real and tangible thing.

Ask any nurse, they'll tell you the same thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

than explain to us please how can some people share a dream? This can really happen, I have been witness to this myself.

Or explain ghosts?
or shaolin monks who do amazing things.
or cases of reincarnation?

... there are many other cases to be made that there is deeper component to us apart from body and mind.

You surly cannot deny all of them and be serious about such stance that all paranormal is just BS or how would you explain it?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I

rish physicist John Stuart Bell showed in what has become known as 'Bell's Theorem' that any two atoms, once having encountered each other, will FOREVER be connected or have an influence on each other, regardless of their location or distance from each other.

Thank you, Does John Stuart Bell have a website?

I would like to read what he knows.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I have found a link to the mentioned bell theorem. Interesting stuff. A bit complicated for me though

But no other link to his web page only just wiki entry.

plato.stanford.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Thank you I will look at what you gave me, perhaps there is more info there to continue my research.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Holla Holla Holla Holla , i was watching the video and this came *Change their behavior when there is a conscious observer *
Wrong . I mean , i used to delve into this *Quantum physics* thingy's back then, and thats not what's happening at all ....wait... Wow , Hory ...Shter , i am not sure about *Conscious observer * , but the case seems to be *possibilities* , the mind or the equilibrium of the universe , tends to show us one answer in the case of observing the electrons also known as *Collapsing the wave function ! * ...........but ...this is madness ! in reality when you look at the behavior of the electrons , it acts ! as a wave .............then there is only but one answer

The mind , Decides , too see...the top-prior possibility ....This type of delusion is also observed in the psychology of the mind when it comes to optics ! , the mind , *Predicts* the movement/Pattern of moving particles , such as blur effect , or interesting optical illusions such as *Impossible cube , Hering illusion* where mind cannot comprehend its ............rules............................................................. I will look into this again ....Yeah.........

Its a mad UNIVERSE we live in ^

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Oh god ..Now i see it ,NO IT DOES NOT , YES , TIME DOES HAVE A TIME LINE (Meaning , stuff are *Destined* to happen ...Timeline ....But no , this is not the dusty book that god writes so contently for stuff like meeting your crush ) , BUT FUTURE & PAST DOESN'T EXIST TOGETHER (If stuff is destined to act , like in a reaction , the particles are *destines* to interact and resolve from the beginning of their existence (+ The *possibility* of them interacting is another factor ..where *possibility* is everything in this universe ......maybe all other universes as-well ? .........that thought experiment is to be delved another day indeed ).....then , it is *be* and that is it .....the future is not made of a slot machine with *random* outcomes on what will happen on tomorrow ...and thus , PAST doesn't modify itself to be fit for future ---- ) AND I BELIEVE..Neither , this LIFE is the reason UNIVERSE Exist ..When you look at *Life* beyond matter ,it is simply the case of *Conservation* and *Anti-Decay* reaction .in this Equilibrium-Fitted universe ....Where as the Time , *Possibly :/* reaches to be an eternal matter ....And life on the other hand is provided with *limited* time ....But of course.. there are mysteries like... Why is time ...Not eternal ..and why CAN i savor & experience every moment of my life ? ...Man ...So many *glitches ...
Well in basic ...(No... you should read above to read this ...yes) ....Experience ...is not *Life* ..please take life in the consideration of other animals as-well ......We can realize our potential & possibilities and we can choose ...and yes ...that is....quite godly .....but *EVEN* if you leave biology behind and go in to *DIVINE!!!!* bs .... you shouldn't leave Life ...as the matter of consciousness.....other animals have brains as-well ....well ...bacteria don't .........brain = Reaction ................Man ....there are so many ways to describe and think of this .............but the key here is not being Realistic and Being realistic at the same time ....but keep in mind that ...
Realistic =/= Experience through your *Magical* consciousness ..

And ....i really don't think the universe is the reason *Life* exists .............There are stuff i believe such as the fact that .....me ..you ..him..her...are 0% different ......because we are *life*..BUT OF COURSE WE HAVE *9999* x differences in the case of *How we live life , how we *Choose* to live it and all that bs ...................So ...when you die...there would be other life ..yes...but ..you are a goner ... I think ! ....WELL IF YOU WANT... YOU CAN WAIT TO FIND OUT HMMMM? ???

Universe = Life ..
Life Wouldn't exist without universe
Universe wouldn't exist without life .....Wait no .....Universe can exist ...i think.. because WE DID NOT FOUND TRACES OF LIFE AT THE MOST OF 6 BILLION YEARS AND FURTHER ......Life ...although...might *Exist* ....and become more *probable* as the entropy of this universe increases ... which is directly proportional with time ......

But .....There is some cheesy business here ...that's undoubtedly ..the case ...

In terms of *Double* slit experiment i have defined the case of double slit as the *Mind* observing the possible out come & deciding to observe it ...But of course ....ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT (The stuff used for observing the electrons ....Yeah.....that's right )=/= MIND AND THIS CHEESINESS IS BEYOND MORE CRAZY THAN WE THINK

Salutations. ..

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There is no such thing as consciousness, and therefor it cannot create the illusion of anything, let alone death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join