It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Is An Illusion Created By Our Consciousness, Says Quantum Physics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
His comments about the limitations of scientific thought reminded me of a chapter in the Alan Watts book "Nature, Man and Woman" that mentions a "nonthinking mode of awareness" being essential when research is "expected to bring forth new concepts and to be something more than the verification of old ones".

"Thus the scientist as scientist does not see nature at all, or rather he sees it only by means of an instrument of measurement, as if trees became visible to the carpenter only as he sawed them into planks or marked them out with his ruler. More importantly, man as ego does not see nature at all. For man as ego is man identifying himself or his mind, his total awareness, with the narrowed and exclusive style of attention which we call consciousness. Thus the radical change which may yet overcome modern science will be the recognition of itself as a secondary form of perception, related to a primary and more basic form."

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

haha!
what great wisdom you posses dear Sir!

PRAISE FOTL!

but honestly. The point of my quote is about karma, the point of yours is nonsense, you could at least try

If you don't think karma is real universal force than that is your choice and I respect that. But is there a need to respond so foolishly. Why are you asking such questions if you don't want to accept a valid answer?

Padmasambhava is and was one of the most famous Buddha now and in the past. He should have known something...his teaching are even today respected and learned by Buddhists.
edit on 14465687671139November3911393015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity

haha!
what great wisdom you posses dear Sir!

PRAISE FOTL!

but honestly. The point of my quote is about karma, the point of yours is nonsense, you could at least try

If you don't think karma is real universal force than that is your choice and I respect that. But is there a need to respond so foolishly. Why are you asking such questions if you don't want to accept a valid answer?

Padmasambhava is and was one of the most famous Buddha now and in the past. He should have known something...his teaching are even today respected and learned by Buddhists.

Me and Padma go way back!

I enjoyed reading about him and my hombre Milerepa as they performed all kinds of siddhis but thats another story.

I dont refute karma, I think its just a law, and it can be superseeded with proper knowledge.

I think the book "Autobiography Of A Yogi" gives us a pretty good idea of what to expect in the after life, and I believe it too!

Check out chapter 43 homie its some amazing knowledge droppin guru commin back from the higher heavenly worlds to drop some knowledge for us!
www.crystalclarity.com...

edit on 3-11-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

DEATH IS AN ILLUSION CREATED BY OUR CONSCIOUSNESS, SAYS QUANTUM PHYSICS

"The study of consciousness has gained a huge amount of attention over the past decade as we begin to not only realize more about the true nature of our world, but as the growing desire to truly discover ourselves becomes something we can’t ignore any longer.

Quantum physics may have just proven that there is an afterlife. Scientist Robert Lanza claims that the theory of biocentrism teaches that death as we know it is an illusion created by our consciousness.
Professor Robert Lanza claims that life creates the universe, and not the other way around. Lanza is no newbie to controversy. He has been working with cloning and stem cell research for over a decade and with his new book Biocentrism, he is attracting even more controversy. While his ideas are ahead of their time, it doesn’t help that the current scientific community is very opposed to new ideas and change.

This means space and time doesn’t exist in the linear fashion we think it does and he uses the famous double-split experiment to illustrate his point. According to Lanzas study, if space and time aren’t linear, then death can’t exist in any real sense either. When it comes to these ideas, they are usually known on an intuitive level and later move towards being proven at a scientific level.

I personally feel that we give so much weight to our rational, objective left brained mind that we lose sight of a world that exists right alongside it. There is a whole other side to us and this world that we close ourselves off to in order to stay as scientific as possible. This is one of the greatest hindrances we can put ourselves through as one of the most powerful tools we have, our intuition/heart brain, is then cast aside. The same thinking that allows us to realize amazing scientific discoveries can also get us stuck in scientific delusions should we not stay open to change.

We are seeing this in a huge way as we look at the divides that are being created in the medical and scientific fields. Some are holding onto old ways, while others see what has been right in front of us the whole time, simply by thinking with more than just the mind (with the heart.) It’s important to note that although these ideas seem and are profound, they have been known for a long while but simply have not been accepted by current culture ( via truththeory.com )." copied. READ MORE:

www.disclose.tv... m_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Do you believe that death is an illusion created by our consciousness?

This makes sense to me, as I have always believe there is an after life. I had many experiences in my life and had contact from deceased love ones, and still do.

I believe the deep subconscious lies outside our bodies.

So ATSer's what your take that death is an illusion?

Nice. Yes however everything in this so called re-ality is a subliminal suggestion.

s/f thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

that is great I am glad you have come to your senses

What a turn around in this post, well played. You have me really confused now, but in a good way hahah!

Yes, AOTY is a wonderful book, I have already read it. Another great title is a philosophy of the yogi. It expands and goes in more detail about the stuff mentioned in AOTY.
---
Both of mentioned books are a great read and for anyone interested in what happens after death and such spiritual topic, I wish you will read both. They provide many answers to which our science is lost, for now. But with progress they will come, I hope sooner than later, to a similar observations by scientific method.
edit on 14465698251157November5711573015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Interesting question whose running the show because of the length of time the show has been going on for - do they die or simply last or perpetually renew?

With regression I have always found it is purely linked to someone's life at such and such a period of time - there is no other focus except on what is happening during the era they are living through and their location when they are regressed. Never have I had an issue with anyone about angels, or whatever spiritual persuasion they are linked to, only their circumstances and something that traumatised them in some respect.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

Interesting question whose running the show because of the length of time the show has been going on for - do they die or simply last or perpetually renew?

With regression I have always found it is purely linked to someone's life at such and such a period of time - there is no other focus except on what is happening during the era they are living through and their location when they are regressed. Never have I had an issue with anyone about angels, or whatever spiritual persuasion they are linked to, only their circumstances and something that traumatised them in some respect.

In my opinion the physical/material universe is run by the astral universe which is supposed to be much larger maybe our universe is like a grain of sand to thiers. The astral universe is what we would call heaven, or a universe that vibrates with vastly different energies and principals.

The beings there may alter reality with thier slightest wish, for them reality may be likened to a lucid dream, and they are aware that they are the dreamers.

So this material universe as well as infinate others are projected from and maintained by the astral worlds in my opinion. No astral beings arent subject to what we would consider time, and they can most likely move through it with great ease by the force of thier will power. So its always the present to them reguardless of the time period like watching a movie and pressing rewind and fast foward. . .

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Oh Nietzsche...

I hate Nietzsche, what a selfloving bastard.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Come on really? You believe in gods of ancient-egyptian to Roman mythology?
It is a nice thought thou, considering your contributions to the alien discussions...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Come on really? You believe in gods of ancient-egyptian to Roman mythology?
It is a nice thought thou, considering your contributions to the alien discussions...

Not in the sense you may mean, I believe we are the gods. .. .

Meaning we are now considered material beings but after our physical forms perish and they will, so too will our existence in what is known as the material universe end.

We then put on new forms that may vibrate at a different density known as the astral, of course there are higher densities like casual, or super casual/infinate. Anything not based in the material universe would be considered godly by our materialistic standards.

As to the gods of old they may have been astral beings, casual beings, or even material beings pretending to be gods.

At the moment it doesnt matter to me who or what they were because as I see it we are all the same, we are in a circle, and we will all have our turns at divinity. I am looking fooward to the end of my materialism to be quite honest.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Of course it says that, it csnt die, it's a mental paradigm (realm of thoughts) within a brain, that is NOT dead and csnt die, it can say whatever it wants about death.

The universe exists. That defies all fields and realms of our human sciences. It goes AGAINST what we believe and know as of right now.

You, reader, breathing, thinking, having emotions, dreams, visions.. defies science. You existing, goes against everything.

As I regress, the universe and YOU exist. Science had no say in it. Nor did quantum THEORIES.

Who cares anywyas, you die, better be prepared for it, and proud as well as happy of your life time journey and accomplishments.

That's all that matters. The impossible, absolute IMPOSSIBLE, has happened and we exist INSIDE of it.

The universe, thst allowed science and laws to be created, from the impossible.

Talk about illusions. Science talks, the universe walks.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No, don't say that life can be wonderfull! Mine sucks currently but you never know what the next stage is.

The higher vibration thing is how i interpret the akashic records. I was shocked when i googled it the other day...

Anyhoo, you might be right, but i guess it has it's downsides to live without time and space.

Aren't some of the greeks actually historical figures? I know one is for sure, what's his name? Aaaaaa.... I don't know. Maybe the others were big farmers, wealthy vips of the time? Archetypes, humans pah, they are all the same...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

No, don't say that life can be wonderfull! Mine sucks currently but you never know what the next stage is.

The higher vibration thing is how i interpret the akashic records. I was shocked when i googled it the other day...

Anyhoo, you might be right, but i guess it has it's downsides to live without time and space.

Aren't some of the greeks actually historical figures? I know one is for sure, what's his name? Aaaaaa.... I don't know. Maybe the others were big farmers, wealthy vips of the time? Archetypes, humans pah, they are all the same...

Never fear there is a dark side to the astral world too for those of us that cant give up hatred, war, racism, etc . . . .

THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

They are known as the anti gods:
It has been said that among the fallen dark angels or astral light beings that tend toward darker more negative desires, which have either been expelled from other worlds or due to thier lower vibratory desires are born into more negative warlike astral worlds which are at war with the astral heavenly worlds.

So astral friction and war take place with various powers or siddhis. I can see how every power from our popular comic books might be employed by the use of these powers. I guess one might be considered an astral hero or astral villan, and for those who consider themselves such begin to wage an eternal struggle in the astral worlds.

These beings known as the anti gods or astral super villans caught up in an eternal struggle are unable to give up thier destructive ways therefor dwell in the darkness of mind or doom and gloom mentality, fear and oppression drench those regions of the lower astral cosmos, working out their endless evil karma, harming thier fellow beings, sunk in the darkness of false ego, and temporary gain.

just think about it we here on earth seem to be addicted to the negative sides of things. . . .

Much like evil the wizards of dungeons and dragons astral anti gods dont know when to stop thier vile and wicked ways. What really gets them is that the gods rule the astral and casual universes and they live in an eternal strife in the hopes of unseating the astral gods who rule the heavens above them. Reminds me of the Sayians from Dragon Ball Z, always looking to destroy another planet and love battle over peace, caring nothing for love and life which does not serve thier egocentric wishes.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
no one can explain death, due to the fact that no one has experienced death, and come back to explain it. it's still only an opinion.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
no one can explain death, due to the fact that no one has experienced death, and come back to explain it. it's still only an opinion.

www.crystalclarity.com...

Read here this dude came back and told his diciple all about it. . . . .

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Well that's interesting but i don't have such detailed beliefs, more like, question everything.
No one will know till we die.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Your question (or hypothesis) may be completely irrelevant. Unless I am mistaken, and me and my children came to the planet packed with past life experiences, we were all newbies on this planet when we became consious. I, my ego, was built with the things that I went through in THIS life. This consiousness has a link to the lump of matter that we call our body.
Even if this consiousness would not vaporize when the body dies, it seems unlikely that the person it represents is kept intact. If this is the case, and you will never get a new intact consiousness, a new body, then what is the point? Your consiousness represents ordered information that is destroyed when its carrier withers and dies. Even if there is some quantummechanical link to nothingness, without this construct that makes this information you, it is all irrelevant. 'You' will never remember being you.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: spirit_horse

I was glad to read you retained you're 'you' whilst having died. That in itself and what you remember is fascinating but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I worked as a clinical hypnotherapist and regression is a normal tool which provides good insights into things - basically that people can't explain to themselves or why certain behaviour/coping mechanisms click in before they have time to even think. (I don't mean the automatic actions such as pushing someone out of the way of an oncoming car, just the dealing with everyday situations.

When you regress someone back through past lives its always them, regardless of the body, time or place.

I have also always had an instinctual feeling that life and us power the universe. Sheldrake's morphic resonance talks of our putting up energy around our planet that affects what happens on it. (I read this decades ago when he first presented his theory and it made me wonder how far out our energy could 'tilt the windmill'.

Thanks for the information. I will look into the book. I obviously have spoken to many doctors and nurses in our local Trauma 1 Hospital. They told me they have an unspoken acknowledgement of this because of experience with people dying and being brought back. Maybe with your credentials you could ask some of the ones that deal with the worst incidents.

When I say overwhelmed, well, let me explain it a bit more. When I left my body I was instantly at what appeared to be a lagrange point between Earth and the Sun. I could see Earth and the moon off to my right a long ways off and the Sun off to my left. This was quite a shock to begin with. The next feeling I can only give an analogy of. It was as if you were standing in a blacked out room and there was a fish tank full of everything in it, but also blacked out. Then the light comes on in the tank and you as the observer see and become 'aware' of everything in the tank at once. That was how I viewed the universe. I became aware of things I couldn't have even had a chance of seeing. I became aware of planets and moons orbiting them en mass everywhere.

Shortly after that, I started to receive the download if you will. It was like something put a data pipe into my consciousness. I started to receive an amount of data that was so overwhelming that there was no analyzing it as it seemed like I was getting terabytes per second. I thought about it afterwards quite a bit and if there is a place like the proverbial Akashic records, perhaps it is this volume of knowledge that you become connected to. Scientists have recently found an energy field that attaches or flows between all matter. Apparently, they can measure it although it is considered weak by our idea of energy. I think this universal consciousness, whatever it is contains everything and you somehow become connected to it when taken out of your physical body. I don't think people would want to necessarily to stay in a physical body, or perhaps couldn't stay in a physical body if they were aware of their connection to this universal consciousness. Our individual experiences are all out there in this medium. That is why I don't think we create it necessarily, but are definitely a part of it and whatever processes take place to make this a reality.

Interestingly I was watching a show about NDE's and most of the people had some sort of religious connotation to what they experienced that was almost like programmed thought. However, one lady told my experience almost exactly. I was really shocked at that point. It was the first time I had confirmation from an outside source of the experience I had. She had the data download and everything. You are absolutely comfortable, unlike being in a physical body.

I used to be scared to death of surgery and dying literally. I couldn't handle getting an IV. I had a few stitches here and there was about the extent of my experience with anything close to what I experienced later in life. It is surreal to read police reports where you are described as a fatality so matter of fact. And to think I would be doing it twice was beyond comprehendable. People do not become a victim twice in their life normally if you talk to law enforcement about it. It is very rare. And I don;t mean incidental crime, but major crime like a capital crime. Anyway, thanks for the reply and the info on the book.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: spirit_horse

Completely different circumstances but when I left my body I thought my body couldn't breathe if I wasn't in there which scared me back into my body. I can relate to what you're saying.

I was pretty overwhelmed with what I was experiencing, but when I had a second to think about what the heck was going on is when I thought about my body being back on Earth dying or dead. It freaked me out, and I was scared of letting it go for some reason. It was when this panic set in that I was literally snatched back down into my body. When I got back I couldn't relax at all. The poor doctors must have thought I lost my mind completely when I was trying to talk about this and they were asking medical questions and the police were trying to find out what happened. We all were talking over each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join