It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell! Europe Drops Charges Against Edward Snowden, Offers Asylum And Protection

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It's a sad global status quo when someone who blows the whistle on the corruption of power, is ostracised.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sirrurg

Also, our US-puppet chancelor Merkel would hand him over in a heartbeat, and many others would as well.

We can spare her the embarrassment. As they say, you can run but you'll only die tired. Come, come visit lovely Stuttgart. So beautiful at Christmas.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Snowden's a young guy. His level of understanding of what was happening at the NSA was probably superficial. He is certainly no Bill Binney. Binney wrote a lot of the algorithms used in NSA spyware. He was able to give chapter and verse on what the NSA was doing, basically how they had altered his work, which was designed to be very selective in its surveillance outreach, to turn it into a national communications vacuum cleaner that touched everybody.

Binney in Russia would be a very serious matter. I think Snowden was seen as an opportunity by the spooks to surf a wave of disclosures that had caught the public eye to some extent, and try to slip a ringer into Russia at an elevated level of access. He was probably tapped to do this at a moment when he still didn't know enough to be of serious concern to American national interests, as a leaker.

He had perfect cover, unlike Oswald. He was "on the run" from authorities with his "chickenfeed".

It's a good idea. It sounds crazy and like something that nobody would be taken in by, but so did what Oswald was doing. The Oswald gambit is a precedent. It shows that stuff like this happens in spookland, so why not Snowden's little caper?

What they did with him is much more clever than the Oswald exercise. It is almost seamless in the sense that there are no fissures in the story that might catch the attention of FSB, except for his previous incarnation as a gung ho special forces wannabe who thought that leakers should have their basketballs shot off.

I admire what they did with Snowden, if indeed it was a penetration attempt. It's a good idea.
edit on 4-11-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

There is something to this.

This isn't the whole story. Why would Europe do this? Would they thwart their will against the US? It's interesting that they've been doing it more and more lately, like joining the BRICS bank.

But I don't trust it.

If I were Snowden, I'd stay in Russia.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

They'll leave the light on for you.

I see what you did there, and if I´m right it´s sad that you are spot on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join