It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson says Halloween is the day when ‘millions of children…celebrate Satan’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy

I'm starting to like
Pat , more and more .!

How about now??

Pat Robertson controversies

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Comparing Robertson to Hubbard? I guess I can see that.

The difference I suppose is that I doubt Hubbard believed one word of his scam, but Robertson likely truly believes he's a mouthpiece for God.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
...but Robertson likely truly believes he's a mouthpiece for God.

I'd say more like a "cod piece" than a mouthpiece.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Robertson likely truly believes he's a mouthpiece for God.

One would like to hope. That or self-delusion to keep the money train on the rails.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Pat Robertson is an idiot

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Annee

That's my point. Degradation is completely subjective.

And yea, women dress with a point. So does everybody. I don't know many women that dress with the intention of degrading themselves.

You're the one who keeps using the word degrading.

Yup. I started using it in response to the first person to use it. And yet somehow you've latched on to my notion that women aren't degraded unless they themselves feel degraded as offensive to you somehow.

Oh well

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't understand why anyone would listen to anything Pat Robertson says. I think for 99% of the world he is irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

If I talked like that about him or the beliefs of anyone else, I'd lower myself to a level I choose not to be at.

I think he believes what he says. It's his right to do so. Not really a conspiracy topic IMO.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

I can see how a person could start out with good intentions and end up deluding themselves.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Pat Robertson has repeatedly prophesied things in the name of God which did not come to pass. According to Deuteronomy he should be executed.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If I talked like that about him or the beliefs of anyone else, I'd lower myself to a level I choose not to be at.

I think he believes what he says. It's his right to do so. Not really a conspiracy topic IMO.

That's why I included the little devil face.

I think he's a fountain of lies, a beacon of hate and in a few cases a criminal devoid of compassion and morals.

Oddly enough there is actual evidence to back up what I think too. The fact that he wears a mask of Divine Moral Authority and Wisdom at the same time makes it all the more disturbing as well.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
Is it the fact he has an opinion that you have a problem with?

Or is it that he had the audacity to express his opinion you have difficulty accepting?

We are all allowed our opinion, even Robertson last I checked.

If you were addressing that to anyone in particular ... Mr. Robertson says the same thing virtually every year.

Of course, he has the right to speak his mind. He's been doing that for quite long time. He has his own TV show to do it on, so I'm not sure there's any particular "audacity" involved.

I surely have nothing against free expression; and there's nothing wrong with others expressing negative opinions of someone else's expression.

BUT, as this happens virtually every year, and most either already believe with Mr. Robertson, or, don't agree with him ... I'm wondering if there's any other reason this gets repeated like clockwork, every year.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'm wondering if there's any other reason this gets repeated like clockwork, every year.

Almost like those PBS pledge drives, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

One conspiracy aspect comes in with folks denying that there are Christians who believe such things, and even asserting that there is a similar "PC" attack going on against Halloween as some see against Christmas. As recently seen in Milford CT, with Halloween being "banned" at a local schoold" (and then being un-banned after parent outrage). In fact, some even assert that Halloween is primarily a Christian holiday that has been co-opted by other elements.

How is it that there are so many conflicting perceptions about what used to be a relatively simple, fun Holiday?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'm wondering if there's any other reason this gets repeated like clockwork, every year.

Almost like those PBS pledge drives, isn't it?

Probably very much like them.

But, I've started wondering about the "holiday hype" in recent years ... Halloween when I was growing up was one of the few times of the year when we all just "had fun."

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Halloween is when I get 3 Musketeers candy bars and put them in the freezer. I also watch scary movies. Pat Robertson is entitled to his opinions, but if he touches my candy, he's pulling back a stump.

I literally laughed out loud.

Thank you, Cowboy ... Happy Halloween!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Pat Robertson says Halloween is the day when ‘millions of children…celebrate Satan’

Delightful isn't it?!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Is it just as audacious to call it ignorant?

That would be expressing an opinion as well.
He is well within his right to express it, just like we have the right to say what we think about what he said.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Actually, while some might think this is merely an attempt to rehash another argument, as I've been doing research on Mr. Robertson and his far-flung empire, I'm not so sure he's not a prime candidate for being a master of shadowy intrigue:

Far from the media’s gaze, Robertson has used the tax-exempt, nonprofit Operation Blessing [a Katrina relief operation - Gryph] as a front for his shadowy financial schemes, while exerting his influence within the GOP to cover his tracks. In 1994 he made an emotional plea on The 700 Club for cash donations to Operation Blessing to support airlifts of refugees from the Rwandan civil war to Zaire (now Congo). Reporter Bill Sizemore of The Virginian Pilot later discovered that Operation Blessing’s planes were transporting diamond-mining equipment for the African Development Corporation, a Robertson-owned venture initiated with the cooperation of Zaire’s then-dictator Mobutu Sese Seko.

After a lengthy investigation, Virginia’s Office of Consumer Affairs determined that Robertson “willfully induced contributions from the public through the use of misleading statements and other implications.” Yet when the office called for legal action against Robertson in 1999, Virginia Attorney General Mark Earley, a Republican, intervened with his own report, agreeing that Robertson had made deceptive appeals but overruling the recommendation for his prosecution. Two years earlier, while Virginia’s investigation was gathering steam, Robertson donated $35,000 to Earley’s campaign–Earley’s largest contribution.

The Nation - Pat Robertson’s Katrina Cash

Don't forget, Robertson was a candidate for President in 1988 ... I think there's tons of evidence to tie him into "the usual suspects" in terms of conspiracy theories.

I just wonder why he picks on Halloween every single year, and yet, no one ever accuses him of a War on Halloween ...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I just wonder why he picks on Halloween every single year, and yet, no one ever accuses him of a War on Halloween ...

Because nobody gives a rat's ass?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join