It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BBC just published this article....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Dear fellow members,

As some of you may know, my family and I have been through some fairly trying circumstances this year so far.

Here is a thread I created to explain the previous batch of insanity...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, things have become even more...staggeringly awful over the past seven or so hours. This is as a result of the following news article...

www.bbc.co.uk...

...not to mention several others on the BBC, all linking back to the same story.

I am barely maintaining stability as it is, and this is heaping up pretty awfully. I did not do what I am accused of, I would not, and could not, since doing so would violate every principle of fairness and respect that I hold dear, not to mention being bloody ungentlemanly. I have, as of yet, not felt free to comment on the matter publicly, for fear of further legal action being bought against me, legal action which I can neither afford to defend financially, or for that matter, afford to be involved in for the sake of my mental health.

I am loosing my mind, I have no idea what the hell is happening to my life, or what any of it means.

I just thought, in the interests of full disclosure, that you should all be aware of the situation, in case it leads to my on site behaviour being somewhat erratic, or to an extended absence from the boards. Do not get me wrong, I am not GOING anywhere, but I find myself utterly unable to think straight at the moment, and you know me by now.... Where possible, where I have nothing to contribute, I will contribute nothing.

Please bear with me. Normal service will be resumed when the world stops spinning backwards.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Holy shizzle mate.

Do not panic or overeact right now.

Take a deep breath and think about what happens next, this might be important in the future.

God speed.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Man oh man the media are portraying you as the OPPOSITE to what you are.

Those sick bastards do not realise what heartache and pain they cause.

Easy for me to say... But stay strong, believe in yourself. Everyone on here knows what you are like.

This is utter BS.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

# dude!.
Heck just send them your posting history on ATS and they will know it all BS.
Also where is the proof?.
I'm sure all the member of ATS will stand and help fight your corner dude.
PM If you need owt man.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Oh my God, that's pretty shocking. The article doesn't describe you at all - you just don't seem like that kind of person on ATS.
I think you're wise to say nothing - as awful as it feels right now, this will blow over and those who know and trust you will stand by you.
You can U2U a rant, if it helps. So sorry to read this, I hope you and your family are doing as well as possible given the circumstances.

B x

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

# dude!.
Heck just send them your posting history on ATS and they will know it all BS.
Also where is the proof?.
I'm sure all the member of ATS will stand and help fight your corner dude.
PM If you need owt man.

That was my first thought. Why spend all day bieng a biggot only to have an online alter ego as a well spoken moderate equallitarian with a penchant for respecting all viewpoints and sticking up for the little guy?

Utter nonsense IMO.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"I have been talking to Peter for years and I know he is not capable of any of what Tim has said.
He has been a champion online for gay rights and anyone's rights he really is a gentleman.
I frankly don't believe it.
If I have mailed this to the wrong email please pass it on to the person who wrote the news story."

Just sent this to the BBC.

Shall I send another but more angry tmr?.

Oh and Dude how did he win? what proof did they have?.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Sorry to hear the s**** you're going through. I've read your previous thread and the news article and as a gay member on ATS I can honestly say you'd be the last person I'd accuse of homophobia.

I've been taken to an employment tribunal by a gay member of staff for being homophobic???? I kid you not!!

Case was thrown out but does go to show the lengths some people go to. In the UK if you are a white, straight male, you are f*****. Everyone else is now a "protected" group including myself and it's getting a tad nauseating.

Can you not appeal?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Full on respect for that Boymonkey74.

This is serious injustice.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This is absurd! Your have displayed nothing but an intellectual, compassionate, non-bias, voice of calm neutral standings. In all the threads I have read, you have enlighten others with your wonderful hands typing away from an knowledgeable mind. You make make clear the vision on any topic and always insinuate a peaceful, compromising resolution.

This individual clearly does not know who you are, and would love to find Any way to make money in such a harsh economy.

I will send positive vibes & energy for you in this regards.

With the Utmost Respect,

SK
edit on th44Thu, 29 Oct 2015 13:44:44 -0500K2015104431pm10 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

That was my first thought. Why spend all day bieng a biggot only to have an online alter ego as a well spoken moderate equallitarian with a penchant for respecting all viewpoints and sticking up for the little guy? Utter nonsense IMO.

That would be too weird, even for here!
It's utter pish, IMO and so unfair.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

TrueBrit, challenges like this in life are what I would term "growing pains", as bad as it is and as much of an injustice as it is, it cannot change your principles or the fact that you DID NOT do what they are accusing you of.

I'm sure others here at ATS would agree that you are a great contributor, and your personality and values have been demonstrated through your participation here at ATS.

This is an injustice, and the individual who has fabricated these stories must have their own unresolved issues. In your heart you know what the truth is and so does the other person. Please try to stay strong and don't give in hope.

I'm glad you shared this with us because I know a lot of other members here would agree - you are a good person and don't deserve for this to happen to you. But that's how life is sometimes - it's unfortunate, but it just is. So press onward and try to stay strong my friend - sending you all the best from New England in America.
edit on 29-10-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I am so angry on your behalf. I can think of a few members on here who fit the description of the person they painted, but not you. I wish there was a way to expose that guy as a liar. I hate injustice.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Back awhile on the occasion of my 60th birthday I was arrested and put in jail .It was the first time in my life I had ever been arrested . They had 3 charges against me . 2 were very serious and the other one which was legitimate in a technical sense cost me $100.00 Canadian . A moving violation with a car is usually $185.00 so the fine kind of tells you how minor it was . The other 2 charges were dropped by the Crown ..Part of the agreement on my part for pleading guilty . I did experience something that money cant buy . While in the cell this came to me .

."2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways."

I can only offer a prayer for you and will .....peace

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Illegitimi non carborundum!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Internet Character Witnesses anyone?

I know we can all be "The Three Faces of Eve" on the internet, but my friend, you have a history that is impossible to fake on ATS!!! Also, the history of your posts proves you are not the person being portrayed as the "poster child of hate" by the politically correct environment that seems to have taken over the sanity of the Western World!

Sign me up for one of your first witnesses!

Crank up the metal my friend!

Edit: I have NEVER seen you speak in a homophobic manner on ATS. I might suggest you go over all of your posts on any type of "gay" topic and copy and paste them for evidence? Just a thought......

edit on 29-10-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just so we're clear on this. Are you saying the accusations against you are completely made up?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Do you even know or seen this dude who accuse you of it?
Sounds like someone had personal interest to attack you and destroy your image, also to add weirdness is how they treated you on court, denying your defense, its like they made you as public stunt, if your truly honest about it then it truly sounds like you are victim of conspiracy.

As right now i have one option that could give you chance to fight back, start building your defense in online, maybe blog or something, facebook even, looks like at least here is already ppl who know you bit that could support you, talk with the locals, friends, family and ask them for writing down their take on you about it, try to make some news stations take your side of the story, there should be journalists whom would take your story happily!

Other than that just take day by day and try to focus on things that matters, no need to lose mind over these bullies.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am very saddened for your situation, TrueBrit. Whilst I can only go by your character on ATS, you have to my knowledge not only been a regular spokesperson for the underdog, but every post of yours has been delivered in a most eloquent manner, unfitting the current character assassination you seem to be experiencing.

What baffles me, is how can a court award a settlement when the only proof is "because someone said so"? Why, anyone at all with a grievance towards anyone for any reason, could, under those grounds concoct a complete fabrication, to try and work the system for a cash settlement...

There is one thing I want you to consider, only because I witnessed it happening to a dear friend via his own shop. I live in a small enough community, and my friend's shop was in a very desirable location. Out of nowhere, he had a case against him for allowing youth on the premises with alcohol - which was a ludicrous accusation, since knowing my friend many years, he would never allow such. In fact he, checked backpacks at the door, and made teens store them behind the counter for those exact security purposes. The only employee was himself, so it's not like they could say another staff member let it slip through.

Of course being a fairly new business, just getting its feet off the ground, he could not afford to pay the fines, and had to sell his business. It was not until many months later that he figured out that it was a set-up, as someone related to local council wanted his location and promptly opened a business there. But by then it was too late, and there was no actual proof that he could use to prove outright the situation.

Just thinking outside of the box - perhaps this was a set-up, mayhaps that someone could be interested in your location. Perhaps you could question neighbouring shops, on if they have been approached by anyone to sell in the recent past.

Either way, try not to let them get the better of you. You know your character, as do your friends, which in the end matters most of all.
edit on 29-10-2015 by MoonBlossom because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
Just so we're clear on this. Are you saying the accusations against you are completely made up?

As I am not personally involved I cannot comment as to the particulars of this situation, I can however say this.

TB is a valued and respected member of ATS, his words are always welcomed and appriciated.

He could have declined to discuss this personal issue here, he could have kept it quiet and carried on with an online persona unbesmirched.

Why would someone bring attention to something that would sully there reputation unless they knew it to be both unjust and unfounded?

A;so why would the BBC article use such a good photo of TB, I mean he looks so much unlike someone who would act in this way it defies logic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join