It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesbian Couple Files Lawsuit After Hawaii Cop Arrested Them For Kissing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Perhaps 'Danno' would've been a better 'service' watching the parking lots for thefts and pickpockets?

www.popcenter.org...

The fact that He is trying to affect an arrest sans any handcuffs is enough, but the FACT that the SCOTUS decided that a LEO cannot be a victim of a crime against the senses.. This is akin to "turn down that stereo"

Is this officer also not aware of the " Mahu' "? The One who transcends any 'sexual identity'? I'd have this TURD out sniffing crotches at the airport on Graveyard and then when He loses His job work the Tourist Trap over on Kuhio Blvd.

Mahalo

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I'm not suggesting you were. I just wanted to make sure we explored your question to see if it would shine any positive lights on the police officer if it were true. I don't see that as being the case.

PS: I posted a link earlier in the thread that points to Honolulu as being the city with the highest rate of public affection. If that is the case, this officer should likely be used to it...
edit on 29-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Bluntone22

I didn't find any links about legislation about Honolulu's legislation about public displays of affection, but I did find this link.

PDA in the USA: The top 100 American cities for public displays of affection (beware of Honolulu if you hate seeing people make out

Honolulu is number 1 on that list.

That doesn't surprise me one bit. Isn't Hawaii like the number 1 honeymoon destination? People come of all over the world to honeymoon in Hawaii!

Hawaii is romantic! Even the (thick humid) air hugs you as soon as you step off the plane!

edit on 29-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yea me neither. And that makes this case even more idiotic. The cop should be aware that tourists do that stuff all the time there.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

What's crazy is that these two women are attractive to boot.

Precisely why I invited them over.

I know that many homophobes have problems with two men kissing, but even they tend to be ok with two attractive women kissing.

The guy was an uptight clown and should be charged with a felony.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
The guy was an uptight clown and should be charged with a felony.

Yeah, then he can get all the homosexual public displays of affection he can ask for. All he has to do is drop the soap.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

All he has to do is drop the soup.

Don't you guys use Soap? Strange Americans

edit on 29.10.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Ya got me. I fixed it.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This article is bias and only reporting on what the women say happened. I can't help but think there is a lot more to the story than what's in this article. Especially if the officer remains on duty.

I say this because Hawaii has the highest per capita gay population of any state (aside from DC), one can conclude that gay couples kissing is quite the norm there and the officer sees it often.

I'm guessing it was much more than a peck on the lips and they were provoking the officer so he decided to go on a power trip and took it too far.

They were both arrested for assaulting an officer, not because they were lesbians. He probably would have done the same thing with a hetero couple.

Either way, they should sue as they committed no crime and the officer should be investigated.

Ghost
edit on 29-10-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

I'm guessing it was much more than a peck on the lips and they were provoking the officer so he decided to go on a power trip and took it too far.

Even if that were the case he is still in the wrong and should be charged with felony assault.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Oh yea? Then why were the charges dropped a few days later?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Oh yea? Then why were the charges dropped a few days later?

Good point.

They should make him apologize but at this time it would just be lip service.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
1: The officer should be fired.
2: The city of Honolulu should invite the ladies on a holiday and pick up the bill.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
well, he got away with it, so you know he'll do it again.....better alert all gay people that there is cop in Hawaii that will force you to not kiss in public, or you will be arrested, regardless if he is in uniform or not.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
also gotta love how the surveillance tapes from the supermarket magically disappeared. now i wonder what happened to those?

if anything that only further proves that the officer was in the wrong and the story the girls were telling was true.

and the above the law cops there don't want the video tape of the incident getting out to the public so they destroyed it.

god forbid the public actually sees what transpired there. PDA resulting in the assault and wrongful arrest of two innocent women on vacation...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Again, this is a one sided story told only from the women's perspective. We don't know the exact events that starting the physical confrontation.

Hell, just look at what TrueBrit is going through because of a one sided story . These victim LGBT news pieces are written as propaganda, not as actual news.

I'll hold off to see how the police department and the officer respond with their side before burning them at the stake.

Ghost

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
Again, this is a one sided story told only from the women's perspective. We don't know the exact events that starting the physical confrontation.

We can take a wild guess and say, nothing at all like what this douchebag cop claimed since his department dropped the charges.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
yeah.....I just dont think its right at all to be acting like that in public...Imagine youre out with your family,kids under 8.....and a couple of gays start kissing in front of your kids...you can be damn sure im going to say something to them.....I dont want my kids seeing that and getting confused about why they are doing it.If you are going to be that way inclined,there are ways to act in front of other people,have a little decency and respect for others.
Im not anti gay,I just dont think its right to flaunt your sexual preference for the sake of doing so.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

So if some dude and his girlfriend were making out what would you say to them?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

I sure hope that you'd be just as intolerant to a heterosexual couple doing that in public because the way that post just read is that you ARE anti-gay. What's so bad/hard about explaining that two men can love each other?

PS: Bigotry and intolerance are learned. If you are just honest with your kids they won't get confused when they see such things in public.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join