It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ash vs Evil Dead (New TV series)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Most remember the "Evil Dead" trilogy right? Well in 6 days it starts again with Ash our favorite protagonist actor of the films Bruce Campbell.
Me myself have awaited another movie with Bruce but this series will suffice.

Here is a recent interview with Bruce explaining the dynamics of the whole project..

As to what it’s like to play Ash again, Campbell said, “It hurts. It hurts more now than it did. I was 21 in the first ‘Evil Dead'; I’m not 21 anymore. It’s fine, you know. I stretch more. It’s a fun character to play, it’s the most fun character I’ve ever played.”

Whole story here

Here is the official trailer for this new show for the ones whom have not yet seen it?

And for those who want a sneak peek here is the first 4 minutes of the premiere.

I got a feeling this is going to be a big hit and a fun show indeed.
What you say ATS? Are you hyped for it? I am!!!

edit on 10/26/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I feel as though this show is about a decade too late. I don't think it will tarnish the originals though.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things, right now: Jack and #... and Jack left town

Best lines by ash, hes my hero

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I feel as though this show is about a decade too late. I don't think it will tarnish the originals though.
In agreement with you yes, but 6 days man, six days it's here. Finally!

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Yep. Been looking forward to it!

Another one to check out is the From Dusk Until Dawn series. I think it's quite good.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Those quotes are great and I can't wait for Halloween and this show to drop!!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I wondered when it was coming on. Now I know. Thanks. It looks like a good show.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I gave the remake a chance and it failed however it was gruesome but it didn't have Bruce. Without the laughs in evil dead its just another run of the mill horror flick. This show will be big the second trailer had me laughing

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm glad they are showing it in context of his age.

The show looks really good. Too bad I don't have cable or starz...
They could've made a few spinoff's after Army of Darkness but I'm glad they waited. The tech is much cheaper and better these days to pull off the same effects but with cheap humor.

That sneak peak really was good too! Made me laugh all the way until the end in the bathroom.

This is looking like an exciting series. A new Evil Dead (with Bruce) movie may not have made enough long lasting impressions with todays culture of extreme violence and gore in movies. I fully appreciate the humorous side of his movies.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Yep. Been looking forward to it!

Another one to check out is the From Dusk Until Dawn series. I think it's quite good.
Yea i also watch that show, it's ok.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1

I gave the remake a chance and it failed however it was gruesome but it didn't have Bruce. Without the laughs in evil dead its just another run of the mill horror flick. This show will be big the second trailer had me laughing
I felt the same way about it. I was excited to watch it and after I seen it, meh.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
I'm glad they are showing it in context of his age.

The show looks really good. Too bad I don't have cable or starz...
They could've made a few spinoff's after Army of Darkness but I'm glad they waited. The tech is much cheaper and better these days to pull off the same effects but with cheap humor.

That sneak peak really was good too! Made me laugh all the way until the end in the bathroom.

This is looking like an exciting series. A new Evil Dead (with Bruce) movie may not have made enough long lasting impressions with todays culture of extreme violence and gore in movies. I fully appreciate the humorous side of his movies.

I don't have cable either but that does not stop me from watching shows that are on cable

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just one more day! Yay!

edit on 10/30/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Today is the day! Starts @ 9PM.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Timing. Funny thing, it can be.

Not two minutes after reading this thread a episode of The Librarians comes on and who's in it? Bruce.

Yeah, it means nothing but it's still funny to me.

Anyway, I've never seen any of the Evil Dead flicks so I won't be checking out this series even though it has Bruce. I watch enough crap and I don't need to add another show. It's probably cool and all but oh well.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Timing. Funny thing, it can be.

Not two minutes after reading this thread a episode of The Librarians comes on and who's in it? Bruce.

Yeah, it means nothing but it's still funny to me.

Anyway, I've never seen any of the Evil Dead flicks so I won't be checking out this series even though it has Bruce. I watch enough crap and I don't need to add another show. It's probably cool and all but oh well.
Wow I thought just about everyone has seen the Evil Dead Trilogy? But hey to each his own right?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just watched the 1st episode. I like How Ash forgot and found some roaches in his "book of the dead" (Necromnicon) And was stoned with some party gal only to verse some of the verses of the book to get it all started up again. LOL
Loved this first episode and it keeps a lot of the old school effects as well, The 1st demon when the two detectives roll up on the creepy house is Brilliant! Yes gore lives within this new series!

Ash also says he's leaving for Saginaw, lol that's where I live, how great is that?
edit on 10/31/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wow! All I can say is wow!

Yes!!!! Evil Dead is back and this show rocks!
Great storyline, I guess Ash don't work for S-mart no more? He works at some appliance store called "Value stop" lol
Well up to the point he and co workers bail and leave. I Guess Ash is on his way to Saginaw Michigan now. This is interesting as hell. Considering "The Evil dead" was originally shot in Michigan.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Starts now on Starz, let me know what you think?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
How does it feel Ash?

"GROOVY"!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join